SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Jul 2012
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
How does the 911 compare to the blade MSR
The V911 is more stable and has more power, costs a lot less, and is much more durable.
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
I can nearly pull 8mins of constant hover with old style 150mah, and around 7min of steady flying.
Stock heli.
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:57 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,383 Posts
Rumor has it my H911 from Amazon has landed on my doorstep! It's gonna be a loooong afternoon at work....
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:07 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost View Post
Hi guys, im new to his forum, and had just posted on the Quads section, but i also own a V911, and im having some problems with it.
Im new to this hobby, so yes, im a noob, and maybe you guys can help me a little to fix it.
Im having toilet bowl effect on my V911....how can i fix it? Do i need to replace something or theres something i can do to manually fix it?

Thanks
Check also the flash, and remove it with a sharp blade if necessary, on the moving parts around the blades and the flybar, especially above the flybar hole an around the mixing (shorter) arm.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:10 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBill View Post
A question from a newbie.. on the Banggood website they have a Flysky fs-th9xb for $88.- it binds with V-911 and V929-939-949. Wonder if it will work with my DH9116? Also with a Heli-Max axe 100fp and MD-530?? Would be great for one transmitter fo all my helis. Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The DH9116 TX will fly a v911 and 9958. Therefore the TH9x will fly that heli.

The helimax wont work unless it's anylink compatible and you have an anylink module.

MD530, i dont know anything about.
The HeliMax Axe 100Fp and the HeliMax MD530 are essentially the same heli (mechanically) but the fuselage, skids, and battery tray are different. I've got them both and fly them with my Anylink transmitter. I'm currently using my DX6i but am going to soon figure out how to connect it to my Turnigy 9x.

The DX6i provides power to the Anylink but it's not clear to me yet whether the Turnigy 9x output plug is the same polarity as the Anylink nor do I know whether my 3S LiFe battery in my Turnigy has a voltage level that's too high for the Anylink. Hobbico does sell a stand-alone LiFe (2S) transmitter pack for the AnyLink as you need that for transmitters like the DX8 which can't provide power to the Anylink.

Anyway, there are a few threads about it at the 9xforums. To use the Anylink with a Turnigy 9x that has stock firmware, you will most likely need to physically unplug the Flysky module. That procedure is not needed if you use the er9x firmware.

Sorry for the tangent here. There are precious few threads for the Hobbico helis and the Anylink right now.

Back to your regularly scheduled V911 thread now.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
sicl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Rumor has it my H911 from Amazon has landed on my doorstep! It's gonna be a loooong afternoon at work....
I believe, cough cough, I would have gone, cough cough, home sick.
hogan is offline Find More Posts by hogan
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:45 PM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
I believe, cough cough, I would have gone, cough cough, home sick.
x2
hard to justify a days wage to play with a $50 heli.....no....its pretty easy to justify it!
igotit is offline Find More Posts by igotit
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:01 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
thats what I'm screaming, I get sick time so nothing out of the paycheck for me! Except when I buy a new transmitter ( thanks SlyKYFox) and possibly a v929! That opens up the whole new problem, facing the wife!
hogan is offline Find More Posts by hogan
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:44 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
587 Posts
Its funny how this little heli needs to be modded out when the time finally comes to order a new part.I have about a hr and a half of great flight time on mine. miniumal crashes, but some good ones . launched a weight out of the flybar, and have been looking at all the options on a new one .getting a few new stock ones,blade holder,con-rods.
it will fly without both weights but not very good .makes u fly it out of tollet bowl effect... still having to much fun. .
crtaylor is offline Find More Posts by crtaylor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:56 PM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@karhar
6mm x14mm CCW motor.

Pretty easy to source. Just place an order at Banggood for some Helios or even the stock v911 motors. Good to have on hand.

Or if you need one from the states, you can get the Blade Tandem CCW motor. Just crush the pinion with a pliers. It'll come off that way without the need for a pinion puller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-EFLH...item3f1aa98481
Daryoon,
Thx for the advice.
I am talking about the tail motor, you mentioned crushing the pinion ?

I understand thar the tail motor does get heated up easily. General guideline is to let the bird cools donw after every battery, 2 or 3 batteries ?

Regards
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bird View Post
So I got my V911 a few days ago, have only flown it indoors first impressions were that it was pretty zippy though movements were a little jerky and it had a tendency to drift left. Also pulled off the V shaped led wire on the transmitter and desoldered out the annoying speaker. I adjusted the servo links to trim it but it only seemed to help a little bit.
Crashed it several times, nothing severe but it looks like the tail motor might already be on its way out- it's now intermittent and when I shut off the throttle and reopen it it usually doesn't spin although if I give the rotor a little flick it'll start up, anyone have experience with that? I always give it a little break before swapping batteries too, so I'd think the tail motor shouldn't overheat. Also I'm now getting a little bit of TBE counterclockwise, or at least it doesn't hover in place well at all, though I checked the usual suspects.

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a bnf replacement, although technically this one (still under 15 flights too) is still pretty "flyable," it's just pretty erratic and not very stable indoors at all, gotta keep it moving otherwise it might veer off in it's own direction.
Same problem with the tail motor >>> if it feels very hot, it just stop working, heli spins like crazy. But if you let it cools down for a while, even blowing at the motor to cool it down, it will function OK, .... until it got crazy again after 2-3 batteries.
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:01 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
158 Posts
My package from Wow comes in tomorrow and I have to work late the rest of the week and Saturday. Major phone system upgrade. I cant miss any of it as the Telecom manager. Sucks being in management sometimes... I will have to post some pics of the package with my v911 of course. Can't forget where you start..

Keep em out of the sticks..
Kevin_JaxFl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:54 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
I have a extra flybar and was wondering if I cut the ends off, could I use this : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A62A5QITNPU7J
tominjax is offline Find More Posts by tominjax
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:21 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax View Post
I have a extra flybar and was wondering if I cut the ends off, could I use this : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A62A5QITNPU7J
easier and cheaper just to get this http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Be...5-p-49228.html
subpixel is online now Find More Posts by subpixel
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:24 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax View Post
Yes, you might have to do some sanding of the tips, but it will fit. And friction alone will hold the paddles in.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter