HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:00 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Yea usual zero trim fixes it. It did for some other people on this thread If it didn't work maybe finally your servos are out.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:12 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
My h911 chillin lol

I just ordered one from Hero RC yesterday. Can't wait ... but gonna have to... somehow. Guess I'll spend some more time here reading what else I'm gonna need. This will be Heli#2 after familiar sequence of getting hooked by a 3ch coax Christmas gift.
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
I havent broke anything (knockonwood) yet and I have been flying pretty aggressively lately.
Last edited by ITS ME DAVID; Feb 08, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:45 PM
Futaba 9CRAPTOR 90V911V922
United States, CA, Hacienda Heights
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
What part of southern ca do you fly at.
SMEGS888 is offline Find More Posts by SMEGS888
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:47 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEGS888 View Post
What part of southern ca do you fly at.
Beautiful (not quite) downtown Burbank...
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:07 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Haha I'm South Pasadena
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:43 PM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
I finally got around to making a movie out of the footage I took flying the v911 in the atrium on Wednesday. I flew at high rates the whole time and the yaw is so sensitive it really causes trouble making smooth turns. Consequently it looks more like what I used to do flying pattern 20 years ago. Back and forth in front of me pulling up into some kind of tight turn around at each end. I cut out a fair bit of banter from co-workers walking by on their way to lunch. I'm still learning how to use the head cam and don't always keep the heli in the frame very well. Anyway, here's the video...

George

Micro Heli Video 2 (0 min 0 sec)
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:47 PM
United States, NC, Morganton
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Guys,
who is running the er9x firmware with the v911?
I am having issues with the heli going full throttle when the th9x binds to it. It does it for 4-5 seconds then stops.It's ok until I turn on the tx again. I know it's some sort of setting.
I was thinking of using Daryoons eepe file to see what happens.
Kev7274 is offline Find More Posts by Kev7274
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:54 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,500 Posts
Yes, using er9x here (with T9x), never had a problem with surprise throttle. But I'm in the habit of always turning radio on first. Have you tried that?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:12 PM
United States, NC, Morganton
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Ill try that and see what happens. I have more adjusting to do also,it wants to raise straight back on take off.
Kev7274 is offline Find More Posts by Kev7274
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:18 PM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
I installed a Fisheye swash and new carbon shaft this evening.

Had to do quite a bit of mechanical trim and it is flying pretty decent now. -- Still always rotating to the right.

I had noticed when moving the servos with the right stick with no throttle;

moving the right stick to top right. the shaft and main gear starts to rise and spin a little.

Any ideas what I could have done wrong? I think the swash may not be level because arm coming out of the swashplate into the guide is close to the bottom when servos are in neutral

wltoys v911 main gear and shaft rise / spin (0 min 25 sec)
josephdyland is offline Find More Posts by josephdyland
Last edited by josephdyland; Feb 08, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
The screw that goes into the pinion into the shaft isn't aligned correctly and it's not screwed I to the shaft just screwed against it.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:05 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdyland View Post
I installed a Fisheye swash and new carbon shaft this evening.

Had to do quite a bit of mechanical trim and it is flying pretty decent now. -- Still always rotating to the right.

I had noticed when moving the servos with the right stick with no throttle;

moving the right stick to top right. the shaft and main gear starts to rise and spin a little.

Any ideas what I could have done wrong? I think the swash may not be level because arm coming out of the swashplate into the guide is close to the bottom when servos are in neutral
I don't think what you described there in and of itself is much of a problem. When you move the servos they change the angle of the swash plate, which pushes on to the head and thing could rotate. The main thing is that it flies well. So, I don't think you have a problem.

However, there seems to be too much play on that shaft for my taste. That's why the gear and the whole shaft is moving up and down so much. I think you heli will fly even better after you take up that slack.

Did you say you put a CF shaft in? And the drill holes are in the exact same position as before? Check and see if you didn't have the shaft collar (the ring that sits on the top side of the bearings) installed upside down, cause that will give you the extra slack. What you want is very little play between that collar and the frame. The other end of that shaft is gear. So the gear and the collar should sandwich the frame snugly.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:49 AM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Haha I'm South Pasadena
Know of any local shops that have batteries and or parts for when waiting just won't cut it? I could really use at least one good battery for my Smya 107 clone this w/e. Have some on order and in transit but they're at least a week away, as is the H911. Think there's a RC shop here in town I'll pay a visit to...
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:56 AM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
None that carry this stuff most carry blade and higher end models.