HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:18 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
V911 Shudder

I've been enjoying some flights with my repaired V911 (now with metal swash) but I'm still getting a little shuddering during the flights.
Has anyone pinpointed what causes this behavior?? I know for TBE it is usually related to the flybar but don't know where to look for this shuddering issue. It still flies fine and it's not a constant thing during the flight but I'm sure it's something that can be fixed.
Thanks
Ken
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:18 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
That was the first "mod" I did to mine (CORTER to COPTER) ... 2nd thing was red canopy "O-rings" made out of wire insulation since I lost one crashing ... LOL.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4566871
I saw those pics, great Job! The red looks awesome! I knew someone would beat me to it...LOL but now we have kick ass COPTERS...lol
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:31 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
I've been enjoying some flights with my repaired V911 (now with metal swash) but I'm still getting a little shuddering during the flights.
Has anyone pinpointed what causes this behavior?? I know for TBE it is usually related to the flybar but don't know where to look for this shuddering issue. It still flies fine and it's not a constant thing during the flight but I'm sure it's something that can be fixed.
Thanks
Ken
I noticed mine does shudder slightly sometimes during hovering. I've noticed if I do a lot of fast aggressive flying with lots of fast yawing, it seems to make the slight shutter go away. Don't know if it's related or not. Anyway, the shutter doesn't really hamper the flying performance.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:39 PM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,224 Posts
Hi All, need a little help.
Anyone over here (UK) received their V911 recently? If so, what company delivered it?
Here's the deal.
I ordered mine from Banggood, and it shipped on 29th December. I e-mailed the company to see if they could supply any tracking information, and they sent me to International Mail Tracking Site.
On the few occasions this gives a English reply, it tells me my parcel arrived at the 'transit office of exchange' in Guangzhou, on 5th January, and is, apparently still there.
No information is available about any onward movement.
I have checked China Post, and also Royal Mail tracking, neither of which have any record of the tracking number.
I have read, in some posts, about parcels being held up in Customs, because of lack of a CE marking.
I also have experience of our Post Office delivering my goods to the wrong address, signed for by an obvious forgery, and then denying it ever happened.
As you can see, I at least need to know when the parcel hits our shores.
Anybody got any ideas?
Cheers
Border lord
Border Lord is online now Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:41 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Thanks
Ken
Someone posted a few pages back that one blade was higher than the other. I have it (both the shudder and one higher blade), and it is very subtle. I usually see it when I punch the collective.

I'm not sure how to fix it even by taking off the main blades, as the holes are pretty committed where those screws would go. If I'm bored, I might try swapping with the extra main blades that came in the box. I've marked the lower blade with a sharpie
atkin is offline Find More Posts by atkin
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:46 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
I have read, in some posts, about parcels being held up in Customs, because of lack of a CE marking.
But it does have "CE" markings on the box, in the manual and on the Tx. I heard one member from Germany didn't get his because German customs didn't find the manual to be in German, and they sent it back to Banggood.

Hope it shows up soon ... it will probably just show up one day regardless of the tracking info, which in the US anyway doesn't seem to keep up with the package's travel.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkin View Post
Someone posted a few pages back that one blade was higher than the other. I have it (both the shudder and one higher blade), and it is very subtle. I usually see it when I punch the collective.

I'm not sure how to fix it even by taking off the main blades, as the holes are pretty committed where those screws would go. If I'm bored, I might try swapping with the extra main blades that came in the box. I've marked the lower blade with a sharpie
I had shudder and saw the higher blade tip: It's not that the blades are attached crooked but the center plastic hub is crooked. The solution was to grab the center plastic hub (the vertical plastic piece that fits over the metal shaft) and bend it. I didn't need to dissassemble anything. It took a few tries to get it straight but that's all it took.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:28 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Thanks
Ken
Thanks for the Blue V911 pics FrugalisFlyer! It's almost a BabyBlue... not bad.
I still think the White/Red is the sexiest... and Black is more badassed...

cpuken: I just installed an Alu. swash on my V911 too! It's a little heavy... adding @least 1 gram, so I was a little worried...but it flys quite nicely. I will try higher C output batteries to compensate for the added weight.

For your "shuddering issue" I would consult my Posts on "causes of Vibration"
Main Blades: ANY cracks (ex. under blades.. square area) will cause vibration.
Rotor Head: "slightly bent/crooked" will vibrate the Heli.
FlyBar: crack around counterbalance weights...

Just got my replacement BNF BravoSX... GOODLORD is it LOUD!!! I flew my "sound dampened" V911 directly afterwards.... and it's comparatively Whisper Quiete! @least 5x Quieter!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:48 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
A good way to check for the trueness of the main shaft and rotor head is to tape the landing skids down to a counter top very well, then you can run the heli at different speeds and watch everything very closely.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,177 Posts
Well, my canopy's cracked, I'm fixing it with some acrylic and drywall seam mesh tape. I'll have to sand it once it's dry to clear the servo arms. I'm thinking of trimming the servo arms since they seam to touch the canopy anyways. I'll probably order 5 or more canopies on my next order.

I also ordered from Miracle Mart the following:

1 x Carbon Flybar Set (with Larger & Small weight) (Solo Pro) (XNE006) = US$7.20
1 x 100 Swashplate (AL-H11008) = US$5.99
1 x Main Gear (Black Delrin) (Solo Pro) 4 pcs (XNE010) = US$3.90

I'm going to see if I can canabalize the TRex 100 upper swash and mate it to my lower stock swash. I have nothing to lose for 6 bucks, or use it as-is and modify the orientation of my stock swash guide.

Order shipped just before the Chineese New Year.

One of my co-workers is going to order a heli from Banggood after seeing mine in action. I'm getting pretty good with high-speed flight indoors. I've owned RC cars, boats, and tanks, and I have to say.........this is the most RC fun I've ever had. I would have never owned a heli previously because of the piloting complexity, but more importantly the cost of breakage. The V911 completely eliminates this. Just marvelling at the engineering that goes into these at such a cheap price amazes me.

I can see how added weight can make these things more stable outdoors. Everytime I've tried outdoors the thing just wants to take off to the clouds because of wind. I'm going to see about adding weight or maybe a strong magnet to clip onto the bottom of the drive shaft to help outdoor stability and prevent my heli going to heaven.

Oh yeah, my heli is much quieter now that everything is broken in.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:52 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
I don't recall reading it anywhere ... but it sure looks like the square tube for the tail beam is made of carbon fiber. Anyone know for sure?

Also, I thought this photo would be interesting to some. Shows the awesome balance of the V911. I don't have to trim anything on my V911 ... flies very well right out of the box. WLtoys must have had their master mechanic making some of them ... LOL.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:54 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Oh yeah, my heli is much quieter now that everything is broken in.
LOL ... I think I'd take a noisy V911 over silencing it that way.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
LOL ... I think I'd take a noisy V911 over silencing it that way.
LOL, not the broken canopy, just from running it and the gear wearing in
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:11 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
LOL, not the broken canopy, just from running it and the gear wearing in
LOL ... I mis-read and thought you said it's quiet now because it was broken ... meaning not flying at all. LOL!!!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi All, need a little help.
Anyone over here (UK) received their V911 recently? If so, what company delivered it?
Here's the deal.
I ordered mine from Banggood, and it shipped on 29th December. I e-mailed the company to see if they could supply any tracking information, and they sent me to International Mail Tracking Site.
On the few occasions this gives a English reply, it tells me my parcel arrived at the 'transit office of exchange' in Guangzhou, on 5th January, and is, apparently still there.
No information is available about any onward movement.
I have checked China Post, and also Royal Mail tracking, neither of which have any record of the tracking number.
I also have experience of our Post Office delivering my goods to the wrong address, signed for by an obvious forgery, and then denying it ever happened.
As you can see, I at least need to know when the parcel hits our shores.
Anybody got any ideas?
Cheers
Border lord
I ordered mine on the 29/12 iirc, and it arrived 8 or 9 days ago.

I'm in Manchester.

I never bothered checking tracking status via RM, but apparently only RA chinese tracking prefixes will show up. RB prefixes wont.

What is your tracking ref'?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)