HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:45 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkers View Post
Yeah.. plus $20 replacement copters, once you get your full kit. No better deal anywhere.
I bought my BNF V911 from aliexpress for $17.99. They regularly have them for 10% off.
tominjax is offline Find More Posts by tominjax
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:50 PM
United States, PA, East Berlin
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
is there a jetranger fuse for the 911?
allisonmo2 is offline Find More Posts by allisonmo2
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:53 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmo2 View Post
is there a jetranger fuse for the 911?
I know there is one the guys in Germany list for 4#3,CB100 and mCPX - so I doubt the V911 would "carry" that:

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...art/Itemid,43/
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:34 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Anyone else notice that banggood dropped about 3 pages of deals on parts for the v911?..No more multiple sets of flybars or blades for a package deal...only 2 pages now of parts.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:40 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmo2 View Post
I was looking at the 912. In reference to posts 16982 and 16983. The link takes you to a 912. I thought they found the 912 for less than 40
I have been eyeing the v912 for a last 2 months and its never been lower then $53 and that was from aliexpress which for the v912 is cheaper then everywhere even banggood.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Well. Upon looking further i found those deals still exsist just on the helicopter accessories page...have to sift through over 50 pages of parts for all the helis they have to find them now..I liked it how it was before.

I ordered the carbon shaft and improved swash assembly for the V911 and a Xieda motor.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Last edited by 6sharky9; Feb 05, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:40 PM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
I just placed an order on Banggood yesterday. The site mentions that the Chinese new year started yesterday and lasts for 2 weeks, and that orders may be delayed because of it. It could be an extra long wait for any orders from China.
Yes, i've noticed that too. Worth the wait though I suppose.
Hit N Run is offline Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I have been eyeing the v912 for a last 2 months and its never been lower then $53 and that was from aliexpress which for the v912 is cheaper then everywhere even banggood.

I get just under 70 at aliexpress too
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:16 PM
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit N Run View Post
Hmmm.. looks like banggood is the way to go!
You might give myrcmart.com a look as well. They don't factor shipping into all their prices but add it as part of the order, so can be cheaper if you're ordering multiple items. They also test fly before they ship, which might make paying a bit extra for a copter worth it to avoid waiting for multiple trans-pacific shipments of you get one that's DOA. Their inventory isn't as good as banggood, though.
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:41 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Well. Upon looking further i found those deals still exsist just on the helicopter accessories page...have to sift through over 50 pages of parts for all the helis they have to find them now..I liked it how it was before.

I ordered the carbon shaft and improved swash assembly for the V911 and a Xieda motor.
I just put "V911" into the search and got 79 items up (3 1/2 pages) whereas it was 73 items a couple of weeks ago. New items include - of course - the 200mah batteries (singles and multi-packs), this tx... http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...2-p-63784.html... and the usb charger cable without the charger.

And I see the white Y911 bnf has now moved ahead of the yellow one in the ratings
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:59 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
I finally got the Hughes S300 Canopy (Esky Nano)

...next navigation lights.
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Tumppi T; Feb 06, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:51 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Ooh, looks like my package from Banggood just arrived.

A new v911, which brings me to a total of 3. A Lightning bird, a brookstone stunt copter, and now this one. So far this is my favorite color combo.

And to control my fleet of 3 v911's, a Syma x1, and a v939, I got the Flysky TH9X. First impression: Wow. I love the black color, much nicer than the Turnigy 9x's greyish color. Also the module pops in and out with ease. I've already got an orange DSMX module for it as well, so there may be some Blade helis in my future.

Lots of knobs, switches, and stuff on this Tx for me to figure out. Already figured out the bind process with my v911, but as soon as it binds it spins up the heli with the throttle off. Going to need to spend some time with the manual, as well as some time programming a few model profiles into it. I'm still waiting on a LiFE battery and backlight kit from hobbbyking, as well as a smartyparts board. Hopefully everything will be here by next week.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:54 PM
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
[QUOTE=Arr0wHead;24052220]Ooh, looks like my package from Banggood just arrived.

You suck. I still have 5-6 days
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:18 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
It's okay. It'll be 5-6 days for me to figure out how to set up any of my helicopters. Then I assume it'll all need to be done again once I upgrade firmware.

So far I got it to bind to the v911. Needed to reverse the elevator. So far so good. The throttle just takes off even with stick down. I adjusted the trim until it stopped. This worked, but I assume the correct thing is to go look at the throttle curve and fix it there. Now it's working, but it has tendencies to veer diagonally and behave oddly. I assume I now have to program in some type of mixing?

Not too much progress, but given it's only been a few hours and I'm stubbornly trying to figure it out on my own, not bad.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:42 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,245 Posts
Actually, there is two things.

1. A bug in the code somewhere. Not sure if it's the radio or FlySky code on the RX that causes that issue you're describing.

2. The more pressing thing is that these WLToys RTF kits are teaching bad habits. In the realm of RC, the TX should be the first thing that gets turned on and the last thing that gets turn off.

So next time, turn on your TX first. Clear any switch error message etc. once your radio is ready, you can proceed to plug in the LiPO to your Heli or quad.

Written that way, it sounds like more work thank it is.

In reality, it's just a matter of flipping on the TX, put it down and plug in the aircraft.

Simple. Safe.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon