SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:49 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I ordered this heli last week and at 1st was planning on getting a 9X and making it a heli TX.
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/215226377.html
I started getting a little nervous about getting the 9X set-up and programed right so I ordered this http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/215486144.html
I probally should have asked for some advice 1st.
Right now I can fly a blade MCX fairly well.
I know it doesn't really correspond with heli, but I'm a fairly good airplane pilot.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:07 AM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax View Post
What you need is a V912.
Do these sell cheaper than $67.99 anywhere else?
I just want to get the best deal possible since i'm going to be buying one of these now.

Darn V911 got me hooked on helis hahahahaha!
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:21 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit N Run View Post
Do these sell cheaper than $67.99 anywhere else?
I just want to get the best deal possible since i'm going to be buying one of these now.

Darn V911 got me hooked on helis hahahahaha!
dont know where you live (and how that would subsequently be for you) but for me the dino directoffer says 37.99 shipping to the US - so personally, I would get it MUCH rather here:
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-La...f-p-54568.html
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:16 PM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
dont know where you live (and how that would subsequently be for you) but for me the dino directoffer says 37.99 shipping to the US - so personally, I would get it MUCH rather here:
Hmmm.. looks like banggood is the way to go!
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:09 PM
Portugal, Aveiro
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Just bought 5 pack Main Blades (SKU: 5xPOA020235) from Banggood and they are of the new model (type A1)
PRoldao is offline Find More Posts by PRoldao
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:22 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
I don't know if you're quoting me or not, but the Devo 10 can only fly devo protocol (use by Walkera, Exceed and probably others) craft with the stock firmware. If you install DeviationTx (an open source firmware) it can then also fly DSM* (used by Blade, eFlite, Parkzone, and others) and a Nine Eagles protocols. If you then mod the hardware by adding the tx module from a v911 transmitter, you can then use the flysky protocol, which gets you the v911 and it's most immediate sibs. It will not be able to fly things like the v922 and v202. The Devo 10 does telemetry with the devo protocol.

The 9x and clones uses a plugin Tx module. The most popular ones come with a FlySky module, so it will fly anything the Devo 10 + v911 module will fly out of the box. With one of the open source software choices, you can put in a DSM module - either as a plugin, or by yanking it out of a Blade "toy" controller - and then fly all the DSM protocol craft. Unlike the Devo 10, you can get a full-range transmitter for the plugin protocol this way. Getting telemetry requires further modding of the hardware, and uses the FlySky telemetry protocols. The 9x with an HT8 module will bind to the v922, though flying it is still a work in progress.

Even though I use a t9x (or two), I'd buy the Devo 10 if I were starting out and didn't mind spending three times as much for it. The better hardware makes it well worth the extra cost.

Alternatively, there is beta support for the Devo 7e in the latest builds of DeviantTx. That's in the same price range as the t9x, but appears to be a "low power" Tx, and doesn't have controls for much beyond basic flying.
Yup thanks thought so I wouldn't mind low cost 7e but the low power output scares me.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:39 PM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Just had a fly of one of my v911s with the stock tx after flying for a week or two using the v912 tx.

So much harder!

It took half the battery just to get my groove with the less accurate throttle & rudder control
SmileyChris is offline Find More Posts by SmileyChris
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:48 PM
United States, OK, Goldsby
Joined Jul 2012
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
The 9x and clones uses a plugin Tx module. The most popular ones come with a FlySky module, so it will fly anything the Devo 10 + v911 module will fly out of the box. With one of the open source software choices, you can put in a DSM module - either as a plugin, or by yanking it out of a Blade "toy" controller - and then fly all the DSM protocol craft. Unlike the Devo 10, you can get a full-range transmitter for the plugin protocol this way. Getting telemetry requires further modding of the hardware, and uses the FlySky telemetry protocols. The 9x with an HT8 module will bind to the v922, though flying it is still a work in progress.
Off-topic update: the 9x can be used with the Walkera MTC-01 module to fly the Walkera devo protocol receivers. No telemetry, but it does work. Details:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1781132
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:45 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Yeah.. plus $20 replacement copters, once you get your full kit. No better deal anywhere.
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:46 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
364 Posts
Quote:
I just placed an order on Banggood yesterday. The site mentions that the Chinese new year started yesterday and lasts for 2 weeks, and that orders may be delayed because of it. It could be an extra long wait for any orders from China.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:13 PM
United States, PA, East Berlin
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post

I see 67.99 at dino direct and 69.49 at bang good. What am I missing? I want one for under 40 shipped
allisonmo2 is offline Find More Posts by allisonmo2
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:14 PM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I ordered this heli last week and at 1st was planning on getting a 9X and making it a heli TX.
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/215226377.html
I started getting a little nervous about getting the 9X set-up and programed right so I ordered this http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/215486144.html
I probally should have asked for some advice 1st.
Right now I can fly a blade MCX fairly well.
I know it doesn't really correspond with heli, but I'm a fairly good airplane pilot.
The complete package you listed above can be had for US$40 at BG.
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:15 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmo2 View Post
I see 67.99 at dino direct and 69.49 at bang good. What am I missing? I want one for under 40 shipped
Are you looking for a V911? The $69 is for a V912.
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karhar View Post
After 3 weeks of getting my first o/b heli, the tail motor got heated up after third battery. Then it will pirouette, showing sign that motor is failing. If I were to cool it down, then it will function OK, for another 2-3 batteries.

Time to change the tail motor ?

Have anyone got the same experience ?
Just got my 2nd bird today (red/white). It hovers well out of box. But again, after 3 batteries, the tail motor is hot to touch. Not a good sign.
Anyone got any idea/experience with replacement tail motor other than stock one ? That will hopefully get rid of this problem ?

Thanks
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:35 PM
United States, PA, East Berlin
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
Are you looking for a V911? The $69 is for a V912.
I was looking at the 912. In reference to posts 16982 and 16983. The link takes you to a 912. I thought they found the 912 for less than 40
allisonmo2 is offline Find More Posts by allisonmo2