HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Dec 2010
217 Posts
They all look good. The white/red looks like a Shinobi/Ninja. But--- I like this one best:

gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Dec 2010
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinglucky View Post
They all look good. The white/red looks like a Shinobi/Ninja. But--- I like this one best:

But, in terms of looks, nothing tops the Solo Pro V2 (Yellow)... At least not yet...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Interestingly enough Taobao also has sellers selling the blue/red canopies and blades seperately. Hopefully after Chinese New Year Banggood or Myrcmart will start carrying these. Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13346617732 and http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14569348570
FrugalisFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FrugalisFlyer
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
But, in terms of looks, nothing tops the Solo Pro V2 (Yellow)... At least not yet...
Yeah i totally agree with the yellow color scheme on the Solo Pro, but for the canopy's window I'd have to give it back to the V911. It just looks a lot more aggressive than the rounded window of the Solo Pro or even the Xieda 9958.
FrugalisFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FrugalisFlyer
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Dec 2010
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalisFlyer View Post
Yeah i totally agree with the yellow color scheme on the Solo Pro, but for the canopy's window I'd have to give it back to the V911. It just looks a lot more aggressive than the rounded window of the Solo Pro or even the Xieda 9958.
Yeah, Canopy window for V911 looks bad-ass. But overall look goes to SP V2, for a micro micro heli that is.
Last edited by gettinglucky; Jan 20, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Wow! I'm loving this little heli so far! It came needing trimmed up some with too much forward movement, now it floats in a perfect hover after trimming. I want to center the trims and do a mechanical trim on it but I'm hestiant since I've not done it before. This thing flies as nice or better than my solo pro, & I love my SP! So far this little bird rocks and was a great value for it's price. Seems very robust also - nothing broken so far... The one really great aspect for me with this one is that it behaves & responds so well I'm actually flying and building skills intead of draining the battery and fighting to keep it in control and from crashing!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Jan 20, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:06 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
The SP yellow is sharp, it's the one I have. I have the 9958 in the Black/yellow & purple/yellow combos as well but my current favorite right now is the black/orange /yellow color scheme of my V911. It has a nice sporty aggressive look to it. I think my second fave is the black/yellow 9958 color scheme followed by my yellow SP and the purple/yellow 9958.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:52 PM
Québec!
Canada, QC, Longueuil
Joined Jul 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Wow! I'm loving this little heli so far! It came needing trimmed up some with too much forward movement, now it floats in a perfect hover after trimming. I want to center the trims and do a mechanical trim on it but I'm hestiant since I've not done it before. This thing flies as nice or better than my solo pro, & I love my SP! So far this little bird rocks and was a great value for it's price. Seems very robust also - nothing broken so far... The one really great aspect for me with this one is that it behaves & responds so well I'm actually flying and building skills intead of draining the battery and fighting to keep it in control and from crashing!
haha, nice touch up!
alxlab is offline Find More Posts by alxlab
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
... my current favorite right now is the black/orange /yellow color scheme of my V911.
Yep ... the black/red/yellow is still the coolest color scheme on the V911.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Also with a fine point black sharpie permanent marker and a few seconds my "CORTER" is now a COPTER LOL
Yep ... best mod yet!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Sep 2007
478 Posts
Low battery life?

After I glued my swashplate, my flight time was about half.
I was bummed, figuring I had gotten some glue where it shouldn't have been.

I took the swash plate out and it was smooth as could be.
Then I remembered that while I had it off to glue it, I had lubbed the metal bearing with some liquid silicon lube.

I used some WD40 spray to flush it out (please don't start a WD40 "lube vs solvent war) and my flight times are back to normal - maybe better.

So... lesson learned.
  • Don't lube the swash bearing
  • If you have short battery life, consider flushing out the lube you put in.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:07 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
After I glued my swashplate, my flight time was about half.
I was bummed, figuring I had gotten some glue where it shouldn't have been.

I took the swash plate out and it was smooth as could be.
Then I remembered that while I had it off to glue it, I had lubbed the metal bearing with some liquid silicon lube.

I used some WD40 spray to flush it out (please don't start a WD40 "lube vs solvent war) and my flight times are back to normal - maybe better.

So... lesson learned.
  • Don't lube the swash bearing
  • If you have short battery life, consider flushing out the lube you put in.
I think the swash plate bearing needs some kind of lube - running it dry wouldn't be good for it. I use super light oil and it works great. Sounds like the silicone lube gummed it up some.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:09 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxlab View Post
haha, nice touch up!
Thanks man! Sorry the pic is blurry. In real life it looks factory good!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Yep ... best mod yet!
Thanks man, it looks sweet in real life..lol
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Thanks man! Sorry the pic is blurry. In real life it looks factory good!
That was the first "mod" I did to mine (CORTER to COPTER) ... 2nd thing was red canopy "O-rings" made out of wire insulation since I lost one crashing ... LOL.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4566871