HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:48 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Anyone in SoCal want to buy my rtf hero rc h911 info is here ill take $40 picked up in L.A for the rc group members

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...583492690.html
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:50 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,265 Posts
@Greg Head. Maybe keep the original skids, and trim the battery holder off. Then use some light velcro to hold the battery on. Also the new style skid my hold your msr batteries in place.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:52 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeintexas View Post
Interesting. My newer v911 ended up in a river weekend before last when the wind caught it and it took us at least 20 minutes to get it out. The red light was still on when I pulled the battery. After drying out for a day I flew it and it flew terrible. Later I noticed a bunch of sludge in the flybar pivot and on the blade hubs. Cleaning that out made it as good as new. And, that isn't the first time I've dunked a v911. Much earlier I put my first bird into a pan soaking in the sink. It was only in there a couple seconds and it dried out and flew fine. I've about worn that one out since then. I guess I've been really lucky. They're tough little birds.

George
Well 2 weeks ago my bird went inside my fish tank, pulled the batt out asap & used a blow dryer & it worked fine after that. Just because it was fine that time doesn't really mean it's water proof. lol I'd rather take the extra precaution instead of trying my luck
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:05 AM
Just Fly!
United States
Joined Jan 2013
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
It's a direct fit
Okay, thanks..
Also, is it normal for the main gears to wear out / strip after some time? I'm going to buy the main gears, just thinking about whether I should buy 1 or 2 of them..
abhi19nav is offline Find More Posts by abhi19nav
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:47 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi19nav View Post
Okay, thanks..
Also, is it normal for the main gears to wear out / strip after some time? I'm going to buy the main gears, just thinking about whether I should buy 1 or 2 of them..
How many flights I have about 15-20 and not a strip tooth
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:54 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
If it's happening on three helis controlled by the same tx, then intuition points to the tx being the culprit. Do you have another tx to try? If you were local (to me), I'd gladly give you one (two, or three) of my extra stock tx's.
Hmmm, cheers stoney - never thought about the tx since it doesn't seem to happen on the other birds, but I'll give it a try once the wife wakes up... or give her a rude awakening
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:50 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi19nav View Post
Okay, thanks..
I replaced a couple of them, but I fly 4 V911. I advise V911 pilot to slowly turn the rotor of their " normal flying" V911 in theirs hands, if they feel little resistance always at the same spot, the main gear may be slightly broken. A new one will change the sound of flying and could add few seconds to the flight. Probably happen in crashes.

http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/12104033...84.m1497.l2649
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:09 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Some updates to my heli

- SP 270 blades
- MSR carbon vertical tail fin
- batterytray flipped 180 degrees (to get weight more forward)
- black Derlin main gear
- some carbon tape over the battery

(still waiting for the Hughes s300 canopy from China)

Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Tumppi T; Jan 31, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:32 AM
Just Fly!
United States
Joined Jan 2013
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
I replaced a couple of them, but I fly 4 V911. I advise V911 pilot to slowly turn the rotor of their " normal flying" V911 in theirs hands, if they feel little resistance always at the same spot, the main gear may be slightly broken. A new one will change the sound of flying and could add few seconds to the flight. Probably happen in crashes.

http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/12104033...84.m1497.l2649
yup, thats what I noticed.. Some resistance while turning the rotor (though the gear doesn't appear to be damaged).. But I found a short term fix to it..
If the gear touches the motor's gear at the bottom instead of middle, it rotates freely.. So I just stuck a piece of plastic at the bottom which prevents the gear from rising up while blades rotate (and provide lift).. Its working as good as new now!
abhi19nav is offline Find More Posts by abhi19nav
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:08 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,577 Posts
I was told the v2 connector was an eflite variant but all I see when looking for some sockets to make a charge lead is the smaller eflite spectrum connector.

What is the v2 battery connector called?
microrcfiend is online now Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:15 AM
Joined Nov 2012
11 Posts
Last night I managed my first major repair. I replaced my broken skids, cracked boom and the mainframe. The pin in the front of my skids had broken off in the mainframe I had driven a screw through to hold them in. Anyway, despite my immense pride at a job pretty well done, I noticed that the pinion and main gear don't fit as fluidly as before. when I rotate the blades by hand, I get some binding. I have noticed that my pinion has some wear on it from maybe 50-75 flights. The copter flies flawlessly, albeit a little louder now. I tightened the 2 rx board screws pretty tight which seemed to help a little. Anyone have any suggestions? A new pinion?
LumpyLouis is offline Find More Posts by LumpyLouis
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:36 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyLouis View Post
Last night I managed my first major repair. I replaced my broken skids, cracked boom and the mainframe. The pin in the front of my skids had broken off in the mainframe I had driven a screw through to hold them in. Anyway, despite my immense pride at a job pretty well done, I noticed that the pinion and main gear don't fit as fluidly as before. when I rotate the blades by hand, I get some binding. I have noticed that my pinion has some wear on it from maybe 50-75 flights. The copter flies flawlessly, albeit a little louder now. I tightened the 2 rx board screws pretty tight which seemed to help a little. Anyone have any suggestions? A new pinion?
These budget birds have wide manufacturing tolerances and there is a lot of variance from bird to bird.

You said "The copter flies flawlessly" and so...
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:06 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
I was told the v2 connector was an eflite variant but all I see when looking for some sockets to make a charge lead is the smaller eflite spectrum connector.

What is the v2 battery connector called?
I seen them referred to as "JST PH 2 pin", "micro JST", and a few others. It's the same connector as used in the mcpx.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:23 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
Some updates to my heli
- SP 270 blades
- MSR carbon vertical tail fin
- batterytray flipped 180 degrees (to get weight more forward)
- black Derlin main gear
- some carbon tape over the battery

(still waiting for the Hughes s300 canopy from China)
I've seen that a lot of folks use the black Delrin gear, but does it actually have any advantage over stock or is it just a cosmetic thing?

Thanks
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:27 AM
United States, PA, Washington
Joined Dec 2012
180 Posts
The Delrin gears have fins instead of "spokes" suposed to give a little more lift

John Karlo is offline Find More Posts by John Karlo