HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:42 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
I decided to try the oversized airplane motor on the tail today, unfortunately the bigger can ended up drawing too much current, it brought my flight times down to three minutes. I then waited a bit & threw in a fresh battery, switched to mode 2 & just spun in circles mid air for the complete flight, to my amazement the tail motor was barely warm
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:45 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smchugh View Post
If you were to pull the trigger on another v911 right now which would you go with (assuming they were all the same price)? Standard new version V911, Hero H911, or the Yellow Y911?
The Y911's were just too slow in forward flight for my taste, although they are very stable. The last new plug style V911 I bought was fast, but very glitchy. I'm sure I just got a lemon, but a letdown nonetheless. It was my first one that failed me, and after five of them, thats not too bad.
mountainman13 is offline Find More Posts by mountainman13
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:52 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,144 Posts
Quote:
If you were to pull the trigger on another v911 right now which would you go with (assuming they were all the same price)? Standard new version V911, Hero H911, or the Yellow Y911?
There is NO difference between the standard NEW V911 and the H911 except the "paint job" to all I know!!
(This means, as I like the paint job, I'd take the H911! - had no luck with the Y911 I got ... ...)
V911 SPECIAL EDITION the H911 by Hero RC (6 min 3 sec)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
v911 retailer list

Hello pilots,

I have been building a list and tracking prices of all the places to purchase the flavors of the v911 -- can be found on the sidebar of the v911 subreddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/v911

Have I missed anywhere else that people should know about?
josephdyland is offline Find More Posts by josephdyland
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:47 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subpixel View Post
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but banggood now have 5packs for the 150mah new plug batts for $11.85

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-63230.html
Thats what I have been waiting for
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:54 PM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
g'day all. I'm looking at another tx. process of elimination for neither of my 2 helps not binding. looking at the 9116 but i read here recently that the 9117 is the same, and cheaper from bang good. can anyone confirm that the 9117 will definitely work on the v911 and that is is the same as 9116. i am wanting to do the mode 1 mod so if you have a 9117 can you please check you can change to mode 1 in the menu.

cheers
Picko990 is offline Find More Posts by Picko990
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:53 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I have not tried the Bravo motor myself, but of hose who tried it and reported here, I recall most had good results. I'd tried a Solo Pro 270 motor and found no improvement.
Ran some thrust tests on the scales this evening, as I was preparing one of the Y911's just received for outside flying. Results (fresh battery, consistent thrust measured over 3 throttle pumps, note scales only measure 2 gram intervals):-

Helios with Helios battery: 48 grams (note this a complete Helios, but head setup is virtually identical, battery is ~170mAH)
Y911-1 with 145 mAH battery, stock: 40 grams
V911 with paddles and Bravo SX (well used), same battery: 40 grams
Y911-2 with Helios Flybar & same battery: 44 grams
Same Y911-1 & battery with Helios Flybar: 42 grams

Note the Y911's are all new so assume motors are in peak condition while the Bravo motored 911 has been thoroughly thrashed. It had shown the same performance as my old Y911 & Helios flybar when tested last year.

What surprised me was the performance of the 2nd Y911 with the paddled flybar. I retested Y911-1 with the stock flybar and then swapped the flybars. It produced consistent increased thrust! Significantly worthwhile....

Flying Y911-2 outside with a V911 canopy, more fwd trim and the Helios flybar is a good improvement over stock, particularly like today where we have a swirling wind gusts.
Flyingboats is online now Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Last edited by Flyingboats; Jan 27, 2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdyland View Post
Hello pilots,

I have been building a list and tracking prices of all the places to purchase the flavors of the v911 -- can be found on the sidebar of the v911 subreddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/v911

Have I missed anywhere else that people should know about?
Nice list, but you should add a column for shipping costs to be able to compare "totals"
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:15 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Nice list, but you should add a column for shipping costs to be able to compare "totals"
Shipping to where. I try to follow where you guys are purchasing items and half of them are overseas. I have no idea which country half of the posts come from. Few have it listed.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:24 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Shipping to where. I try to follow where you guys are purchasing items and half of them are overseas. I have no idea which country half of the posts come from. Few have it listed.
OK, I understand. Then better "free shipping" or "plus shipping" as a yes/no box.
Just to see there could be additional costs.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:18 AM
United States, TX, St Paul
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
My v911 got caught in the wind and crashed in the river yesterday. It took us about 30 minutes to spot it floating nose up so it was submerged awhile. After drying it out I flew it this morning and talk about TBE!! Everything seems to be working, and it flys pretty well but sure does not hover like it used to. Wish I'd used the older v911 to fly outside, O well. I'll be lookin at that suppliers list above.

George
georgeintexas is offline Find More Posts by georgeintexas
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:34 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeintexas View Post
My v911 got caught in the wind and crashed in the river yesterday. It took us about 30 minutes to spot it floating nose up so it was submerged awhile. After drying it out I flew it this morning and talk about TBE!! Everything seems to be working, and it flys pretty well but sure does not hover like it used to. Wish I'd used the older v911 to fly outside, O well. I'll be lookin at that suppliers list above.

George
wow

I have yet to fly outside because of the cold. But I think Im to the point where I want to move on.. The V911 is just to easy now. Come on walkera.. release the mini cp V2 please!
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:40 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Quote:
For flying inside your house buy the Yellow, especially if you didn't try it before, you could be surprise. Be careful , the new ( old or new plug) orange, has very small flybar weights, not a good idea for everybody.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:47 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
wow

I have yet to fly outside because of the cold. But I think Im to the point where I want to move on.. The V911 is just to easy now. Come on walkera.. release the mini cp V2 please!
I think the new SuperCP is essentially the MiniCP v2. Some are referring it to as such.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:59 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,158 Posts
Daryoon,

Got a link and what do they cost?

I'd like a V911 size CP that can bind to 9X (with FrSky Tx)

B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill