SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:51 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
I have converted the stock TX from linear to exponential curve response by soldering resistors on the PCB. Expo'ing the yaw control is the most helpfull. I modified the yaw control with 1.8K ohm resistors. I modified the pitch control with 2.2K ohm resistors. I modified the roll control with 2.7K ohm resistors.

2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:54 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Nice one fauconnier. I bought 3 Helios 100 main motors - purely due to the price, I'm Scottish - after finding out stonecutter (or was it erdnuckel2?) had dropped a V911 motor into his Helios 100. Haven't got round to using any of them yet since I was waiting for one of the originals to fail. After reading this I just might put one in my red/white V911, since it has the best FFF of my fleet, and see if it gets even more zippy.

Cheers
Fin
Tigg, yeah it was me who had put a v911 motor on a Helios and found it lacked power. Even w/o canopy it had poor climb rate. I posted this vid a while back.

BenMa Helios with v911 rx and msr paddles outdoor (4 min 17 sec)

I would not try the swap on your best heli (why mess with a good thing), try it on your worst one, that way you have the least to lose. Just my 2 cents.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:03 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I would not try the swap on your best heli (why mess with a good thing), try it on your worst one, that way you have the least to lose. Just my 2 cents.
Got a point there stoney. Reckon I'll put one in one of my "snowbirds" and if it improves the power there, I still have 2 to play with

Keep the vids coming... always good for a watch

Greets
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Tigg, yeah it was me who had put a v911 motor on a Helios and found it lacked power. Even w/o canopy it had poor climb rate. I posted this vid a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGYb1mwNRGE

how does this compare to..lets say the bravo sx motor?
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
how does this compare to..lets say the bravo sx motor?
I have not tried the Bravo motor myself, but of hose who tried it and reported here, I recall most had good results. I'd tried a Solo Pro 270 motor and found no improvement.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My bravo sx motor came in today & I can say it is a very big improvement over the original.

For my battery test with both motors, when comparing running a single oem 200mah battery, no/name 240 mah 25c, tenergy 250 mah 25c, nano tech 130 mah 25c, they all run just about the same with the nano tech being a little more agile due to weighing less, but worse in wind. However 2 nano tech's in parallel it really has a more pronounced punch through out the rpms, opposed to just running 1 battery.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:54 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
912 Posts
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but banggood now have 5packs for the 150mah new plug batts for $11.85

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-63230.html
subpixel is online now Find More Posts by subpixel
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Low Temperature Stirling Engine
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:00 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subpixel View Post
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but banggood now have 5packs for the 150mah new plug batts for $11.85

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-63230.html
And the 200's are not that much more at $13.36, but could be a trade between added weight vs added capacity.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-61723.html
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:08 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
So what is the fastest way for me to get a new tail motor in the US? My LB has developed a tail wobble and the tail motor is getting very hot.
tominjax is offline Find More Posts by tominjax
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax View Post
So what is the fastest way for me to get a new tail motor in the US? My LB has developed a tail wobble and the tail motor is getting very hot.
Your local hobby shop.

If you're looking for a place online I'd say Tmart. I live on the East Coast and it took about 5 days for my package to arrive.
ilmystic is offline Find More Posts by ilmystic
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:13 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax View Post
clubheli.com order a bravo sx main motor while your at it
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:14 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmystic View Post
Your local hobby shop.

If you're looking for a place online I'd say Tmart. I live on the East Coast and it took about 5 days for my package to arrive.
Thanks. I haven't had it a month and am considering returning it. I just hate being without for the next week or two
tominjax is offline Find More Posts by tominjax
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:31 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2012
48 Posts
I noticed there hasn't been any pictures for a while so here's a little eye candy. Here's my metal headed, V-bodied, 260SX powered, paddled Y911. Lets just say I had a bunch of 911 stuff laying around and this is the result. I've been getting in to CP lately, so I don't really fly 911s much anymore, but keep this around for co-worker harassing sessions.
mountainman13 is offline Find More Posts by mountainman13
Last edited by mountainman13; Jan 26, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
If you were to pull the trigger on another v911 right now which would you go with (assuming they were all the same price)? Standard new version V911, Hero H911, or the Yellow Y911?
Smchugh is offline Find More Posts by Smchugh
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:41 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
I'd take a Y911 with a Hero H911 canopy and wish for binding behavior like the V911. (Though this last point isn't an issue if using stock TX. And only a minor annoyance when using with the T9x type radio)
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon