HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:36 AM
Just Fly!
India
Joined Jan 2013
129 Posts
Are V911 and Y911 blades interchangeable?
abhi19nav is offline Find More Posts by abhi19nav
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:10 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicPilot View Post
Having bought the WLToys v911 and was given a Brookstone Stunt Copter by a friend (it had a bad tail motor and I took it to Brookstone and they replaced it for me).

I broke the tail motor mount on the WLToys, and repaired it with Gorilla Super Glue (the impact formula). That held up until today when I caught a gust up high and ended up bouncing the poor bird on top of my metal roof garage. from about 30 40 feet up.

So after gluing it and letting it set a little, I used sewing thread like a cast, wrapping it around and gluing it, letting it get all soaked in the thread. She flies again!

So, comparisons...

They fly the same, both birds. Mechanically trimmed to hover, maybe one click of rudder trim either way. No TX trim other than rudder on each heli.

The controller from Brookstone is the same but rubberized feel, and even though it's the same cheap controller, the rubberized feel and darker sticks make it look and feel a little better. Sticks feel firmer also, in a good way.

The range for the Brookstone RTF says 600 feet, which is considerably farther than the WLToys, at 35-50 meters (roughly ROUGHLY 50 feet, right?)

Is it the TX or the RX that gives it that range? Or does the WLToys have "TWO FOOTBALL FIELDS" also?

I have these two V911's, two Syma s800g's (mode 2 TX conversion), and two MOTA Ipad controlled 6036's, with the standalone TX. one my experimental 6036 I put on the tail rotor from a v911. No backwards MUCH faster FF. I'm going to try mounting another tail motor upside down, directly beneath the tail motor. Reverse the wires, and I can back up, and I'm guessing FF will be way too much for the little thing to handle. BUT I have to try!

Oh, the Brookstone comes with much more in the repair kit. Linkages, screws, balance bar, blades...but only one battery.
Have you tryed to bind the Brookstone TX to V911 RX? Does it bind?
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:38 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smchugh View Post
Do you mean the carbon main shaft? The only thing carbon I see on ClubHeli's website under the bravo sx parts page is the carbon flybar. The main shaft listed doesn't mention anything about being carbon. Unless I'm not looking in the right place?

http://clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-Brav...rts_c_109.html
Yes I ordered the motor from club heli & the shaft on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

Mine did come with a tiny hairline crack where the bottom screw goes for the gear, you wouldn't be able to see it unless you looked really good, it still works great though, no weird vibrations or anything. A lot lighter than the original. The seller on amazon is sending me a new one free of charge, no need for me to ship the item back & they ship it in a big ole box, you could throw the box off a two story building & I'm sure it wouldn't damage the shaft
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:42 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
665 Posts
[QUOTE=R.sok;23933002]I wasn't aware the range was 50ft on the v911, Oops LOL I've flown 150 feet away give or take 10 feet with no problems[/QUOTE

I remember , although I was in trouble not seeing well my V911, that the transmitter work well over 400 ft.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:57 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi19nav View Post
Are V911 and Y911 blades interchangeable?
If the Y911 is the yellow BNF from bangood, be careful. On a orange V911 the 2 knobs each side of the main rotor head are a little bit bigger in diameter then the knobs of a yellow V911, so the blades of a yellow V911 has smaller holes then the original V911 to fit the knob. A yellow bird blade doesn't move freely , unlees you sand the shaft of an orange V911.

On the blades, the distance between the screw and the beginning of the pipe is little different too.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:06 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,012 Posts
Gentlemen I have tried the search and have not found the answer to my Question.
I have been looking at the V911 because I now have a V939 and I am very impressed with the quality for the price. Now that I have a TX I could have a new V911 BNF for $20 shipped.
I still have an old style MSR (with fly bar) and was wondering how they compare as far as flight wise?
Thinking of selling my msr v1 and getting the V911 and a 9x sometime, thanks for your imput.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:06 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
665 Posts
After flying my helicopter , I am quite sure that the Helios100 main motor, $1.50 cheaper, however the exact same size, is more powerfull, by 20% to 30 % then the stock V911 motor. I have three other V911 and Y911 to compare. Could be a nice cheap upgrade to fly outdoor.

p.s. After a couple of flights with the Helios 100 motor, intrigued by what I saw, I placed a brand new V911 main motor, same size and number or gears, inside the the same helicopter. The difference is obvious. I confirm the Helios 100 motor from Banggood, $1.50 cheaper, is really more powerful, may be too much for living room flying.
Last edited by fauconnier; Jan 26, 2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: more facts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:03 AM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
They're really not that hard to trim up man. You spin the thing a turn or two and fly.

And mine from Halley's WAS perfectly trimmed out of the box.

I would never buy from a seller with 70% feedback on Amazon.
Let's move on. I already bought it and it is fine. Life will continue.
flightsfancy is offline Find More Posts by flightsfancy
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:16 AM
Joined Dec 2012
74 Posts
I cant do counter clock wise circles...only clock wise circle. I only have to use rudder and a little elevator and it do a perfect circle. I tried do the same in counter clock wise and it didnt go. Is that normal?

How can I do that?

Thanks
leopereira is offline Find More Posts by leopereira
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:20 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopereira View Post
I cant do counter clock wise circles...only clock wise circle. I only have to use rudder and a little elevator and it do a perfect circle. I tried do the same in counter clock wise and it didnt go. Is that normal?

How can I do that?

Thanks
Are you talking about flying the heli in a big circle? like 5ft plus wide? I think it's normal, mine behaves a little differently doing laps in clockwise & counter clockwise, it's something you get used to, a little of a learning curve but you should get it down
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:37 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,198 Posts
Quote:

How can I do that?

Thanks
You need to apply more forward stick when going ccw. It's normal.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:27 AM
Joined Dec 2012
74 Posts
Thanks for the answers!

Yeah..Im talking about flying in a big circle..but it can be small too..its like 8 circuit..but zero circuit..it was one meter or high..but not to much..I didnt try it in big places without wind yet.

I tried to apply more forward stick and it didnt work..the heli turns in its axis (rudder) and it dont go..when I do clock wise circle..just little forward and the rest is basic control the direction with rudder stick..but counter clock wise it turns in its axis..I tried apply less rudder and dont work too

Does this happen just with v911 or with all helis?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:46 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
After flying my helicopter , I am quite sure that the Helios100 main motor, $1.50 cheaper, however the exact same size, is more powerfull, by 20% to 30 % then the stock V911 motor. I have three other V911 and Y911 to compare. Could be a nice cheap upgrade to fly outdoor.

p.s. After a couple of flights with the Helios 100 motor, intrigued by what I saw, I placed a brand new V911 main motor, same size and number or gears, inside the the same helicopter. The difference is obvious. I confirm the Helios 100 motor from Banggood, $1.50 cheaper, is really more powerful, may be too much for living room flying.
Nice one fauconnier. I bought 3 Helios 100 main motors - purely due to the price, I'm Scottish - after finding out stonecutter (or was it erdnuckel2?) had dropped a V911 motor into his Helios 100. Haven't got round to using any of them yet since I was waiting for one of the originals to fail. After reading this I just might put one in my red/white V911, since it has the best FFF of my fleet, and see if it gets even more zippy.

Cheers
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:23 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the answers!

Yeah..Im talking about flying in a big circle..but it can be small too..its like 8 circuit..but zero circuit..it was one meter or high..but not to much..I didnt try it in big places without wind yet.

I tried to apply more forward stick and it didnt work..the heli turns in its axis (rudder) and it dont go..when I do clock wise circle..just little forward and the rest is basic control the direction with rudder stick..but counter clock wise it turns in its axis..I tried apply less rudder and dont work too

Does this happen just with v911 or with all helis?
Yes the diffrerence between left and right turning is normal for our budget v911's. The left/right disparity is not as large in high rate. I have applied the resistor mod to my TX and then I use the dual rate switch to fly in fast speed mode.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Last edited by 2_Crash_Thumbs; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined Dec 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
Yes the diffrerence between left and right turning is normal for a v911. I have applied the resistor mod to my TX and then I use the dual rate switch to fly in fast speed mode.
And what about other helis? Does it happen?
Im using the flysky th9x transmitter
Can you say how are your configs? What did you put in D/R and EXPO for RUDD, ELEV and AIL?

Thanks