SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:35 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
http://www.hobbypartz.com/67p-9116-26.html

Appears they are out of stock at the moment.
Been some out for awhile and doubt it will come back instock
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:59 PM
Joined Jan 2013
133 Posts
In terms of extending battery life (longevity) and run time, would it be worth it to get a better quality charger than the one it comes with?

I have close to 50 runs on each of the two original batteries and I am starting to notice a shorter run time per flight, about a min less. Also one of the two plugs in the original charger only works sometimes. I let the batteries rest about 20 min after charging and after running. And sometimes I don't stop flying till the helicopter flies low and won't rise again, which I am aware is not good.
Heloo is offline Find More Posts by Heloo
Last edited by Heloo; Jan 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:07 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heloo View Post
Also one of the two plugs in the original charger only works sometimes.
My charger came yesterday with one of the connectors not working. I opened it up and found that the solder joint and trace broke loose from the board. It looks like they don't fully seat these connectors before soldering them. I scratched off the green insulator from the trace around the joint and resoldered it. It works fine now.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:16 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heloo View Post
In terms of extending battery life (longevity) and run time, would it be worth it to get a better quality charger than the one it comes with?

I have close to 50 runs on each of the two original batteries and I am starting to notice a shorter run time per flight, about a min less. Also one of the two plugs in the original charger only works sometimes. I let the batteries rest about 20 min after charging and after running. And sometimes I don't stop flying till the helicopter flies low and won't rise again, which I am aware is not good.
Yea I fly them all the way to the ground also. I don't think the voltage drops to a point that really harms them. However as motors wear out and batteries tire flight times do go down.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:32 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
@TheKingPhisher...........Banggood list the Double Horse 9116 tx for US$34.43. Is this the same as the Tx you mentioned for $7? It binds with the new version V911 out of the box??
Dman1110 is offline Find More Posts by Dman1110
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:21 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1110 View Post
@TheKingPhisher...........Banggood list the Double Horse 9116 tx for US$34.43. Is this the same as the Tx you mentioned for $7? It binds with the new version V911 out of the box??
Yes that's it.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:33 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,261 Posts
The 9117 transmitter is the same, and is only $25 from Banggood. Also Shuang ma has the 9116TX from their factory store for $25 shipped.
http://www.shuang-ma-rc-helicopter-p...are-parts.html
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:48 AM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
If anyone is looking to get a Devo working with the V911 just ask. My Devo 10 works fine with the heli. You are not stuck with just mode 1 or 2. Completely programmable for how much the servo arms move and tail mix. I still want to find out if the gyro is adjustable. Kind of doubt it but it's worth looking into.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:15 AM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Does anyone know if the msr tail motor works with the v911? That seems to be the only heli any of my LHS carry and im not flying until I fix it. I have the v911 tail motors on order with banggood but I'm getting the itch.
Smchugh is offline Find More Posts by Smchugh
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:44 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
824 Posts
decided to mod my 2 so I can fly them at dusk/night

1 in blue

and the other in green

subpixel is online now Find More Posts by subpixel
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:15 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,604 Posts
Ooh, thats nice. Now all you need is another led shining upward from the boom to light the white blades. Are they white on that model?
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smchugh View Post
Does anyone know if the msr tail motor works with the v911? That seems to be the only heli any of my LHS carry and im not flying until I fix it. I have the v911 tail motors on order with banggood but I'm getting the itch.
if they are the same size I don't see why not, after all the gyro controls the motor. I have an aftermarket motor & it works fine
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:17 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
if they are the same size I don't see why not, after all the gyro controls the motor. I have an aftermarket motor & it works fine
In fact, they may actually be made in the same factory in China.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:53 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
684 Posts
[QUOTE=subpixel;23926352]decided to mod my 2 so I can fly them at dusk/night

Where did you soldered the led ? I tried the same thing and my battery became hot, the flying time
was greatly reduce.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Last edited by fauconnier; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: forgot the message
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Ooh, thats nice. Now all you need is another led shining upward from the boom to light the white blades. Are they white on that model?
ran out of LEDs but am planning on trying that and maybe sticking one on the tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Where did you soldered the led ? I tried the same thing and my battery became hot, the flying time
was greatly reduce.
Is a 3528 smd LED with a 33ohm resistor soldered here, red arrow is + and green is -

subpixel is online now Find More Posts by subpixel