HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:30 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingboats View Post
Does anyone know if the Y911 blades are available to buy as replacements? I haven't seen them, although I never actually broke one (despite my best attempts)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr
Hi Crash, I need to order some 911 blades, where can I find Y911 blades? I googled Y911 and all that came up was V911 stuff. Let me know so I can put together an order of various parts.
Thanks Bro
I have broken v911 blades but not y911 blades, however I did break a rotor head and the y911 blades survived.

These look like the y911 blades from the pictures. I have not oredered any to verify:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...2-p-49033.html

They come in three colors.You have to push the colors button for Black Red or Black Yellow or White.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:31 AM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
I'm currently working on a custom fiberglass extended tail boom & am wondering what I could use for wire that is as light as possible?
Enamal coated wire / magnet wire. you can strip some out of an old computer fan.
Check hackmods page for great info http://www.hacksmods.com/category/helicopter/
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:47 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,019 Posts
@TheKingPhisher .I liked mine a lot until my 4 year old broke mine, now I am trying to get used to the toy TX again. Currently Hobbyparts and their sister stores are out of stock. You can also try setting the elevator EPA to 120. This setting help fight the wind and provide better FFF .
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:07 AM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Hobbypartz
I've searched but cannot find it there. Please provide link.
flightsfancy is offline Find More Posts by flightsfancy
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:12 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsfancy View Post
I've searched but cannot find it there. Please provide link.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/67p-9116-26.html

Appears they are out of stock at the moment.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Thanks, Hit N Run. I meant would the Tx work with any v911.

So I got my new bird, and after a few flights, I have a few thoughts and questions. In no order at all:

1. Flying 4-channel is a LOT different than 3-channel! It's more difficult, but I like that I'm learning and improving already. After a lot of flying my S107G, I was still having fun, but could tell I had learned about all I was going to learn.

2. Does anyone know if the WLToys dual charger stops charging when the light goes out? In other words, can I charge overnight, or should I try to take them off when they're done?

3. I noticed that the tail kind of waggles back and forth a bit when hovering. I've read a bunch about the v911 having a "twitchy tail." Is that what I'm seeing there?

4. When I was a kid/teenager, I used to race 1/10 electric trucks. Loved it, until my dad stopped paying for it. So I fell out of the scene, because I had other priorities with my limited funds as a teenager. Fast forward 15 or so years, and my sister gets me a S107G for X-mas. The second that transmitter was in my hands, I knew I was hooked again, but this time, I wanted to fly! The gyro technology now is so amazing, flying is so much more appealing and affordable than when I was young.

5. I had forgotten how helpful and cool the R/C hobbyist community is. Most web forums are filled with trolls and bigots and are generally hostile places, especially to new members. All I see here is the welcoming of new folks, and experienced pilots patiently answering questions that have been asked 100 times before. Not because they have to, but because they want to help. Thanks for being awesome.

6. The v911 is fast! It's 16 degrees outside, so I've been learning to fly her inside. I have to be careful that she doesn't get going too quick. I have the Tx set to mode 1, that's the slower stability mode, right?

7. I've found that on a 4-channel, I like the feel of having my pointer finger and thumb grabbing the sticks rather than just my thumbs. It seems more precise to me, and I'm having more success learning to turn left and right while maintaining a steady altitude with it. Do most people fly with just thumbs or is it split?

Didn't mean to write a book but I'm just excited about flying, and about this fantastic little bird. I have a Ladybird v1 and a Devo 7e coming in the mail, so you'll likely see me in the quad forums soon!
Zescape is offline Find More Posts by Zescape
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:36 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zescape View Post

2. Does anyone know if the WLToys dual charger stops charging when the light goes out? In other words, can I charge overnight, or should I try to take them off when they're done?
Whether the charger turns off or not, Lipo batteries should never be left unattended. They need to be treated with respect and the charger that comes with the V911 is at the cheap end of the scale so I always keep a watch on my batteries when charging them up.

3. I noticed that the tail kind of waggles back and forth a bit when hovering. I've read a bunch about the v911 having a "twitchy tail." Is that what I'm seeing there?
Well spotted

5. I had forgotten how helpful and cool the R/C hobbyist community is. Most web forums are filled with trolls and bigots and are generally hostile places, especially to new members. All I see here is the welcoming of new folks, and experienced pilots patiently answering questions that have been asked 100 times before. Not because they have to, but because they want to help. Thanks for being awesome.
There are many who will do almost anything to help but sadily there still are a few who are a PITA

6. The v911 is fast! It's 16 degrees outside, so I've been learning to fly her inside. I have to be careful that she doesn't get going too quick. I have the Tx set to mode 1, that's the slower stability mode, right?
Well spotted 2

7. I've found that on a 4-channel, I like the feel of having my pointer finger and thumb grabbing the sticks rather than just my thumbs. It seems more precise to me, and I'm having more success learning to turn left and right while maintaining a steady altitude with it. Do most people fly with just thumbs or is it split?
You do what feels right for you and no one should tell you otherwise

Didn't mean to write a book but I'm just excited about flying, and about this fantastic little bird. I have a Ladybird v1 and a Devo 7e coming in the mail, so you'll likely see me in the quad forums soon!
That is the confirmation you are now an addict, welcome to the addiction

John - an addict for over 30 years
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:59 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zescape View Post

3. I observe the same thing on both of my v911s. Seems to me like an oversensitive gyro, but it's not adjustable as far as I know so we live with it.

7. Big hands --> I use thumbs
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
http://www.hobbypartz.com/67p-9116-26.html

Appears they are out of stock at the moment.
As mentioned a few pages back, for those not in the US (e.g. AU), you probably want to get the "9117" tx for USD 25 shipped.
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:44 PM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
I broke my H911 and ordered some new plug V911s from banggood to replace it with, but haven't had any luck binding the new helis to my H911 TX. Should I quit trying and just use the V911s as parts? Thanks
kanno is offline Find More Posts by kanno
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:10 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,074 Posts
I would not trust any charger or anything plugged into a Lipo unattended.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,019 Posts
@kanno Plug in the battery, wait for the rapid blinking light on the Rx ,and then power on the TX.
Trims should be centered also.On occasion I have had to hold the left stick down.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:59 PM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Thanks!
kanno is offline Find More Posts by kanno
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:55 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Placed an order at Hobbyking yesterday at 8pm. Picked it up this morning, no shipping! they need to add more inventory in the U.S warehouse so I can stock up.

I wasn't aware that the msr plugs were actually smaller than the v911, I thought they were bigger, but that's no biggy, soldered new plugs on the v911 board & now run two 130mah in parallel. Also soldered additional plugs on the original v911 charger to accept two types of batteries.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Now just waiting on my bravo sx motor
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:30 PM
United States, MN, Rochester
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picko990 View Post
so i just recieved my bnf today that is replacing a help that wont bind anymore. mid- flight it fell out of the sky because of lost signal and i could not get it to bind again. LED just conitues to flash. well guess what.... i can not get this new heli to bind either!! im thinking maybe there is something wrong with the tx. any way to verify this?

this is slightly frustrating since im in a country where returning the product is not easy (bought from bang good). took 3 weeks to get here and we are just around the corner! and there are no shops or other users to try other tx.

any suggestions?

cheers
Does your TX still do its beeping when you turn it on? Mine quit working mid flight just like yours, but the TX also quit beeping and the LCD screen froze up. I just bought an H911 and use the new TX for both helis.
Jcgonzal is offline Find More Posts by Jcgonzal