Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:51 PM
Auntie Gravity left me hangin'
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karhar View Post
To Uncle Gravity,

can you please show with a simple illustration or picture, where did you apply the lub oil to the main motor ?

Thanks
I applied a small drop of light machine oil to a toothpick and used that to apply the oil to the motor shafts. I used a paper towel folded to a point to wipe away any excess oil to avoid attracting dirt.

Uncle Gravity is offline Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:41 PM
Joined Oct 2012
48 Posts
Hello pilots, i need your help please. Just got my flysky 9tx and trying to do some settings with my v911. It seems that i cant do it, the heli does not flying good at all. Not much power from the rotor, drifts a lot, i must hold all the time the elevator because its run forward (tried to subtrim but not so good..) Anyone can give me some settings for the flysky please? With the stock tx, flying great..Thank you
ikarous is offline Find More Posts by ikarous
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:53 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrak View Post
So I have read a lot of people say putting some oil on the motor shafts makes a big difference. However, everyone is saying to use oil from a hobby shop. I dont have one near by. Are there any more common lubricants i can use from say Home Depot?
Sewing machine oil. Or there is an oil turbine oil don't know name translucent bottle says zoom spout on bottle has a straw that pulls out . They have it at ace hardware and many others. My friend an appliance repair man turned me on to it . May not be as thin as sewing machine oil but has amazing lubricantion properties isnt supposed to attack plastics.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:06 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,460 Posts
First. Calibrate the sticks on the T9x. I don't recall the procedure with the stock firmware.

Set your endpoints at 120%.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:07 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
597 Posts
Fluid film! just check it out.
crtaylor is offline Find More Posts by crtaylor
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrak View Post
Total n00b question here...I just got an H911 last night and it seems to fly pretty well but the only problem I am having is that the heli keeps rotating to the left without any input, as if the tail rotor is too strong. I trimmed the rudder completely to the left, and while it did seem to reduce the rotation, it didnt stop it completely.

Also, the helicopter seems to sort of move back in forth in a front to back pattern when it is hovering. That is to say that if i get it hovering, it moves forward then back in about a six inch pattern. What is this?

thank you guys for your help!
The best thing did to correct the TBE toilet bowl effect was to remove fly bar. I scraped the center disc flat with razor a 90 angle next scraped rod parts a bit lower at center '' Where the would touch holder " to get them a bit lower than disc . I sanded disc flat and smooth with 400 grit. Then i sealed in weights with super glue. balanced fly bar on needle. then penciled disc surface. I re-install tighten screw until it just starts to binds flybar back off 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:00 PM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
Thanks for the picture
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:36 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,460 Posts
WLToys V911 review (Solo Pro/Trex 100 clone)

The v911 should not TBE. Please don't misunderstand and think that's normal.

It should be easy to rectify on the v911 style head.

If it was a mSR or 9958, then TBE could be harder to remedy. Due to the nature of it's head design.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:28 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The v911 should not TBE. Please don't misunderstand and think that's normal.

It should be easy to rectify on the v911 style head.

If it was a mSR or 9958, then TBE could be harder to remedy. Due to the nature of it's head design.
TBE is often caused by a binding component.

My experience says that TBE on a Blade mSR can also be caused by excessive sloppiness in the system which causes an extreme phasing error and when combined with the true flybar design's characteristic delayed action creates a very dramatic TBE.

In a v911 the problem is probably a binding component. You should check all of the ball joints for binding vs sloppiness. A binding ball joint can often be loosened by repeated removal and installation cycles or traded with an excessively sloppy joint. An excessively sloppy joint can be tightened by CAREFULLY and CAUTIOUSLY squashing the plastic link with pliers.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:40 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Hello. I just had one of these little guys delivered today. I haven't had time to even get into the 1000+ pages of this thread but OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarous View Post
Hello pilots, i need your help please. Just got my flysky 9tx and trying to do some settings with my v911. It seems that i cant do it, the heli does not flying good at all. Not much power from the rotor, drifts a lot, i must hold all the time the elevator because its run forward (tried to subtrim but not so good..) Anyone can give me some settings for the flysky please? With the stock tx, flying great..Thank you
Your swash plate is tilted to far to the front. Zero any offsets you may have in the tx. Looking from the rear loosen up the right ball link in one turn increments and fly. Only in full turns because one side is slightly larger than the other. If you find you are getting left or right drift adjust the left ball link. Lengthen to remove left drift and visa vesa. You will able to get it to hover with no stick movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Sewing machine oil. Or there is an oil turbine oil don't know name translucent bottle says zoom spout on bottle has a straw that pulls out . They have it at ace hardware and many others. My friend an appliance repair man turned me on to it . May not be as thin as sewing machine oil but has amazing lubricantion properties isnt supposed to attack plastics.
Scorpion Motor Bearing Lubricant comes with needle applicators in 2 different lengths.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Last edited by lasakro; Jan 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:07 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
I'm currently working on a custom fiberglass extended tail boom & am wondering what I could use for wire that is as light as possible?
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:43 AM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
so i just recieved my bnf today that is replacing a help that wont bind anymore. mid- flight it fell out of the sky because of lost signal and i could not get it to bind again. LED just conitues to flash. well guess what.... i can not get this new heli to bind either!! im thinking maybe there is something wrong with the tx. any way to verify this?

this is slightly frustrating since im in a country where returning the product is not easy (bought from bang good). took 3 weeks to get here and we are just around the corner! and there are no shops or other users to try other tx.

any suggestions?

cheers
Picko990 is offline Find More Posts by Picko990
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,880 Posts
Just wanted to post a quick follow up regarding the 9116 transmitter. Compared to the stock WL Toys tx it's a dream to use with the v911! Hobbypartz quickly shipped me the replacement and it binds fine. I love the separate dual rate function for each channel as well as subtrims. This $7 tx is perfect for customizing personal flying styles. The absence of real time rudder trim wasnt as big of a deal as I'd expected. Anyway I've been wanting a better looking canopy so I've started to use the ones from my Walkera collection.

For those interested here are my DR settings:

Elev 100%
Aile 65%
Rudd 75%

With these settings it allows very good agility without needing super fast reflexes for outstanding flight control.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:06 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Just wanted to post a quick follow up regarding the 9116 transmitter. Compared to the stock WL Toys tx it's a dream to use with the v911! Hobbypartz quickly shipped me the replacement and it binds fine. I love the separate dual rate function for each channel as well as subtrims. This $7 tx is perfect for customizing personal flying styles. The absence of real time rudder trim wasnt as big of a deal as I'd expected. Anyway I've been wanting a better looking canopy so I've started to use the ones from my Walkera collection.

For those interested here are my DR settings:

Elev 100%
Aile 65%
Rudd 75%

With these settings it allows very good agility without needing super fast reflexes for outstanding flight control.
Where did I get the remote for $7 ? If in heli pal I think it's sold out
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,880 Posts
Hobbypartz
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)