HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:23 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Hi fellow Hobbyists, I am kind of a noob although I had a bunch of cx and fp RC helis (mosquito, f103, f106, HCW 537, LiteHawk AERO, Double Horse 9116) and I am really want to get into it except most of these were crappy or just crap, and then I got a few v911s... At first I thought they looked like the cheapest chopper I had ever gotten but boy was I wrong, I love everything about that small but powerful bird! What surprised me most was that is not only very fast but mostly that you can still go very slow with it too, well, until I get itchy to speed it up and end up crashing in the wall. All in good fun though

Also, now that I got a few RTF v911s (and broken all but one, my fault though) I just ordered 4 BNFs for 77.52 $CAN total with free shipping. Talk about dirt cheap! I can't believe I paid 90$ for a DH 9116, I like the v911 much more and can get 4 for less than the price of one 9116, not to mention it is faster, flies in my 10' x 12' room, has switchable batteries, charges way faster... At first I wanted a big bird but now I'll stay small, until I get the nerve and sim experience to tackle the Belt CP2 but those v911s are so fun, I am 35 and can't remember the last time I was so excited about a toy... So thanks a lot to the people on these boards because it's here that I saw that the v911 was the most recommended micro sized FP bird for the price, I would like to recommend it to anyone who is hesitating about getting that particular helicopter.

Oh if you want one, these were the best deals I have found so far for that chopper, their prices lower if you buy 3 or more and they have free shipping.

40$ for 1x RTF v911, mode 2, new plug.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...l?currency=USD

If you scroll down on the same page, there is also:

20$ for 1x BNF v911, new plug.

10$ for 5x 120mah lipos, new plug.

If someone has a better price or better heli, I'm all ears!
QcChopper is offline Find More Posts by QcChopper
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:34 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QcChopper View Post
Hi fellow Hobbyists, I am kind of a noob although I had a bunch of cx and fp RC helis (mosquito, f103, f106, HCW 537, LiteHawk AERO, Double Horse 9116) and I am really want to get into it except most of these were crappy or just crap, and then I got a few v911s... At first I thought they looked like the cheapest chopper I had ever gotten but boy was I wrong, I love everything about that small but powerful bird! What surprised me most was that is not only very fast but mostly that you can still go very slow with it too, well, until I get itchy to speed it up and end up crashing in the wall. All in good fun though

Also, now that I got a few RTF v911s (and broken all but one, my fault though) I just ordered 4 BNFs for 77.52 $CAN total with free shipping. Talk about dirt cheap! I can't believe I paid 90$ for a DH 9116, I like the v911 much more and can get 4 for less than the price of one 9116, not to mention it is faster, flies in my 10' x 12' room, has switchable batteries, charges way faster... At first I wanted a big bird but now I'll stay small, until I get the nerve and sim experience to tackle the Belt CP2 but those v911s are so fun, I am 35 and can't remember the last time I was so excited about a toy... So thanks a lot to the people on these boards because it's here that I saw that the v911 was the most recommended micro sized FP bird for the price, I would like to recommend it to anyone who is hesitating about getting that particular helicopter.

Oh if you want one, these were the best deals I have found so far for that chopper, their prices lower if you buy 3 or more and they have free shipping.

40$ for 1x RTF v911, mode 2, new plug.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...l?currency=USD

If you scroll down on the same page, there is also:

20$ for 1x BNF v911, new plug.

10$ for 5x 120mah lipos, new plug.

If someone has a better price or better heli, I'm all ears!
In the RC heli world we don't always get what we paid for. The V911 and the F45 are good examples of great value for the money. At Banggood , Syma is selling some kind of a V911 for $108 . Must be plated in gold
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:06 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,126 Posts
They are great helis. when I started in fp I got the dh 9103 I think it was cracked it up as I had 3 and all would dart left instantly no matter what sent em back got 3 911s and hav loved it since aldo have 2 9558s. Honestly I think the 911 flies the pants of the 9558 as they are very mushy with no crisp moves at all. Be prepared to get the itch for cp after a while. I am waiting now for the V922 as well as a walkera genius cp v2 with a devo 10 Tx. It's a love hate relationship. I love to fly and learn, waiting for new stuff.
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Hey everyone! Thanks for all this great info. My 1st v911 will be here very soon! One quick question, will the old plug v911 bind to the new plug v911 Tx?
Zescape is offline Find More Posts by Zescape
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:54 AM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
Hit N Run's Avatar
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zescape View Post
Hey everyone! Thanks for all this great info. My 1st v911 will be here very soon! One quick question, will the old plug v911 bind to the new plug v911 Tx?
If by "old plug" you mean the battery plug, then no. They are two different types and are NOT interchangeable.

If however, you mean the V911 heli and the tx, then Yes, i'm pretty sure they're all interchangeable with each other. Any V911 heli "should" bind to any V911 transmitter, whether newer or older.
Hit N Run is offline Find More Posts by Hit N Run
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Motors

Well the V911 has inspired me to join the discussion. Been lurking for a while. Also have a slow stick that i have yet to build so I'm sure I'll be over on that thread come spring. Got the H911 after I returned a burnt out Lightning bird. Another BNF on the way from banggood. I've already noticed a twitchy tail motor. I punch the throttle and it twitches back and forth. I believe this is the gyro compensating for the torque in the main motor. But could it be the tail motor slipping? Thought about replacing it but what is the best replacement tail motor? I know the solopro is a direct fit but is there a better one? Also had the idea to get a mini connector and install it at the tail to the leads from the boom. That way you would have a plug and play tail with the plug at the tail. Any ill effects you can forsee? I know it could change the COG but not that much. I can't find any mini connectors like the ones for the battery without pigtails attached.

I also noticed the H911 doesn't have the punchy throttle the lightening bird had, but that could have lead to the burnt Lightning bird. Either way a I think a Bravo SX main may be in the shopping cart soon. What is the plug on the SX motor so i can make the main plug n play also with a female connector at the board?

I know thats a lot to throw out but thats why I joined I've had these questions and can find the answers. All those problems could be solved with a 9x maybe but I have to get the wife to let loose on some purse strings before i can convince her to let me order the 9x. I also have a ton of questions about it but I guess this isn't the spot for it.
mejones827 is offline Find More Posts by mejones827
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Total n00b question here...I just got an H911 last night and it seems to fly pretty well but the only problem I am having is that the heli keeps rotating to the left without any input, as if the tail rotor is too strong. I trimmed the rudder completely to the left, and while it did seem to reduce the rotation, it didnt stop it completely.

Also, the helicopter seems to sort of move back in forth in a front to back pattern when it is hovering. That is to say that if i get it hovering, it moves forward then back in about a six inch pattern. What is this?


thank you guys for your help!
Mrak is offline Find More Posts by Mrak
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:32 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Mrak,

It will do that at the end of a battery charge due to volt drop but if its a fresh battery then see below.

From what I've been reading here 2 things to do. Make sure you insert the battery and set the heli perfectly level and still, on a table or floor then turn on the Tx (controller). This makes sure the gyro binds level. That could be the source of the slow turning if you are holding the heli when binding. That should work. If not something may be wrong with the gyro.

Another way to compensate is to put the battery in, set it level, then move the left stick slightly opposite the direction the heli is turning then turn on the Tx while holding the stick that direction. It essentially establishes a new center. Problem is you will have to do it everytime. But make sure it is all the way at the bottom limit so you don't apply any throttle at binding. Some have reported it won't bind if the throttle isn't all the way down anyway.

If that doesn't work i would try to exchange it

The front to back could also be gyro related or you may need to make sure the flybar moves freely (ie you should be able to tap the flybar and it should bounce back and forth on its axis) If it is tight slightly back out the screw until it moves freely. Be careful not to back it out too far because that is a tiny screw and impossible to find (ask me how i know) But the wire for a twist tie will work for a while to hold it on until you find a replacement screw small enough. LOL
mejones827 is offline Find More Posts by mejones827
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:57 AM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrak View Post
Total n00b question here...I just got an H911 last night and it seems to fly pretty well but the only problem I am having is that the heli keeps rotating to the left without any input, as if the tail rotor is too strong. I trimmed the rudder completely to the left, and while it did seem to reduce the rotation, it didnt stop it completely.

Also, the helicopter seems to sort of move back in forth in a front to back pattern when it is hovering. That is to say that if i get it hovering, it moves forward then back in about a six inch pattern. What is this?


thank you guys for your help!
Do you mean the heli rotates cw? As if the tail motor is too strong? Not sure what to tell you to reduce that other than trim, could be the main motor is too weak. The fore and back movement during hover is probably a minor TBE, not a big deal unless hovering is all you do, but people have tried various tricks to get rid of that, like loosening then tightening the flybar, putting someting around the blades to take up slop, etc. Search the thread to get the details.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:36 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Usually the main culprit for The toil bowl effect would be something binding. Flick the flybar to see if it bounces up & down, The bar should have no resistance, any minor resistance would cause it to move in small circles
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Yes, it is rotating "nose right" or clockwise if you are looking at it from the top. Its as if the tail rotor is pushing it in a circle.
Mrak is offline Find More Posts by Mrak
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejones827 View Post
Well the V911 has inspired me to join the discussion. Been lurking for a while. Also have a slow stick that i have yet to build so I'm sure I'll be over on that thread come spring. Got the H911 after I returned a burnt out Lightning bird. Another BNF on the way from banggood. I've already noticed a twitchy tail motor. I punch the throttle and it twitches back and forth. I believe this is the gyro compensating for the torque in the main motor. But could it be the tail motor slipping? Thought about replacing it but what is the best replacement tail motor? I know the solopro is a direct fit but is there a better one? Also had the idea to get a mini connector and install it at the tail to the leads from the boom. That way you would have a plug and play tail with the plug at the tail. Any ill effects you can forsee? I know it could change the COG but not that much. I can't find any mini connectors like the ones for the battery without pigtails attached.

I also noticed the H911 doesn't have the punchy throttle the lightening bird had, but that could have lead to the burnt Lightning bird. Either way a I think a Bravo SX main may be in the shopping cart soon. What is the plug on the SX motor so i can make the main plug n play also with a female connector at the board?

I know thats a lot to throw out but thats why I joined I've had these questions and can find the answers. All those problems could be solved with a 9x maybe but I have to get the wife to let loose on some purse strings before i can convince her to let me order the 9x. I also have a ton of questions about it but I guess this isn't the spot for it.
Usually or at least for my lightning bird, if you let the bird drop then throttle hard the tail would twitch a tiny bit, but I believe that's just the gyro doing it's job, When ever I keep the controls smooth I don't get any twitch. I would order a tail motor & main motor anyway, that's just my preference anyway.

As for the tail motor, I just changed mine with a nine eagles motor, don't know if it's an upgrade but we'll see how long it lasts
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
So I have read a lot of people say putting some oil on the motor shafts makes a big difference. However, everyone is saying to use oil from a hobby shop. I dont have one near by. Are there any more common lubricants i can use from say Home Depot?
Mrak is offline Find More Posts by Mrak
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:10 PM
Registered User
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Best thing I ever did was buy two of these. Learning to set them up by comparing the two, and getting them both mechanically trimmed so they fly identically on the same controller, has really taught me a lot about fixing and flying these helicopters.

Wish I could afford to do the same thing with the more expensive CP helicopters. First day with my new Super CP I busted off the tail fin already. After ZERO crashes. Meanwhile, I could throw my v911 across the room and fly it again with no damage.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:22 PM
San Mateo, CA
HPCR's Avatar
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
Best thing I ever did was buy two of these. Learning to set them up by comparing the two, and getting them both mechanically trimmed so they fly identically on the same controller, has really taught me a lot about fixing and flying these helicopters.

Wish I could afford to do the same thing with the more expensive CP helicopters. First day with my new Super CP I busted off the tail fin already. After ZERO crashes. Meanwhile, I could throw my v911 across the room and fly it again with no damage.
Yep that is the trick,. I did the same with my DH9116 have 2 and spares that I can share. I also have 2 x Walkera Mini CP's on the way . Same reason. I am having fun, way less down time and learn a lot about them little devils!!.
HPCR is offline Find More Posts by HPCR
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 02:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 03:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 01:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 12:26 AM