United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
here is the bravo sx.
http://clubheli.com/Bravo-SX-Main-Motor_p_2858.html

you could go ahead & install the carbon main shaft to shed a little weight
If I install this motor do I need to upgrade the tail motor aswell or can I keep the stock h911/v911 motor on there.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,251 Posts
Easy way...desolder the tail wire. remove old fin and slide on new fins. Resolder the tail wires to the board.

Quick way. Cut one of the bar on the tail fin. It'll allow you to pop on and off the fin. Try it with the fin you intend on removing. It'll give you a good idea of how well the new "removable" tail fin mod stay put.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:02 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
That's not such a great deal. They were clearing those RTF packages out for $35 after christmas, I grabbed one. It's just a regular RTF v911 with Brookstone colors, and the TX has an extra button to switch into 3 channel mode.

Just pick up an RTF v911 off Amazon or Ebay for <$50.

The "Brookstone Spare Parts" that came with my RTF was simply the usual tail rotor, blades, connectors, and screws. You could keep yourself in regular supply of those items for much less than $20, and many RTF kits come with most of these things.
I'm pretty sure that if you buy in for the $20 you get more then the spare blades that you get with the rtf kit. As I understand it , it's basically a replacement program. If your heli breaks in any way you just bring it back and they either repair or replace it. ( I think they just replace it for the most part though)
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:13 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Just checked their site : Brookstone replacement plan - 1 year $10, 2 years $15. Repair or replace.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:49 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfellow View Post
HELP! I have 2 v911s and one orginal controller. Suddenly one of my hellis won't bind with the controller. What is the most likely cause? Vince
It sounds like you have a cold solder joint on the crystal, Try and resolder the crystal.
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:03 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
It sounds like you have a cold solder joint on the crystal, Try and resolder the crystal.
These have crystals ?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:21 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
As far as I know they don't offer a screw package for the v911. You'll have to source from a donor v911 or another heli. Don't lose the flybar screw, I haven't seen that one anywhere.
Banggood:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Be...4-p-49266.html
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:20 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Just checked their site : Brookstone replacement plan - 1 year $10, 2 years $15. Repair or replace.
Since my first explanation wasn't enough:

To elaborate, I had to RETURN 2 defective units before getting one that actually worked. I can see why they have a successful repair/replacement program. Why test each unit like other stores do when you can charge the customer to do it for you?

No extra batteries included either. Another genius move. Include an extra $1.50 worth of spares in the box, but include only a single 120mah battery vs. the two most sellers include.

An RTF kit elsewhere for $45 is a much better deal. Speaking of which, my Lightning Bird flew better out of the package than any of the three Brookstones I went through.

Brookstone is preying on mall-buyers and noobs too intimidated to repair their helicopters themselves. There's no way to paint this as a bargain.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:34 AM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
all right!!!!!!!!!! just flew my first parts built v911. needs mechanical trimming but is better out of the box than the new one I got from banggood with the parts.

anyone have suggestion for the pinion gears not meshing properly?
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:23 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
These have crystals ?
All radio equipment has some frorm of crystal.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:30 AM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
I was thinking the frequency crystals lol
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:42 AM
Just Fly!
India
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
The mainframe of the Y911 clone (yellow or white) is something like 3mm wider. The canopies aren't the same fit. I tried swopping them and it puts too much stress on the canopy rods. Could probably make them fit by drilling a couplle of new holes, but I couldn't be bothered trying. My Vs will stay Vs and my Ys will stay Ys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
I found that the V911 canopy will fit the Y model, but it's more of a stretch because the posts are in slightly different positions. The V canopy is under a lot more tension on the Y frame, tight like a drum, but it can fit.

I've heard that over-tightening the screws that fix the main blades can cause them to break, and I've borken quite a few, so I'll try looser and see if the rate of destruction decreases.
Thanks! Also, are the main blades compatible?
abhi19nav is online now Find More Posts by abhi19nav
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:44 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I was thinking the frequency crystals lol
The 2.4 ghz freq crystal ?
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:48 AM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Yup that one haha
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:48 AM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Just finished this Hugues300 scale heli on a V911 body. Fly very well with exactly 1 inch less tail boom.
That looks awesome! Can you make a video of it flying?
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor