http://clubheli.com/Bravo-SX-Main-Motor_p_2858.html

you could go ahead & install the carbon main shaft to shed a little weight
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Quote: R.sok
I actually went for that one because I didn't want the original v911 tail motor & I thought the NE tailboom would fit, but the tail boom of the NE is actually shorter & smaller. The motor however fits the original tail boom perfect!

If you aren't in the U.S. & want the best prices then banggood is where you could order to save a few bucks, but I went with that link because they ship from the U.S. so shipping time doesn't take forever.

I ordered on the 15th & it came on the 19th

Yeah, I don't want another V911 tail motor either due to the fact that it only lasted a couple of weeks flying with the 2 stock 130 mah batteries. I did fly them back to back but I would always check to see if the tail and main motors were hot...they were on the warm side but I didn't think they were hot enough to cause any problems. Shows what I know.

Anyways, appreciate the help man, I'm gonna go ahead and order it.
ilmystic is offline Find More Posts by ilmystic
Last edited by ilmystic; Jan 20, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Another reason I went with the playmate motor is because, originally it comes in a plane where the motor is sealed & doesnt really get cooled, if it can perform well it those conditions I believe it should perform better in a heli
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
I am having probblem with my v911. Had this bird for only a few weeks . My first. Went to fly it yesterday and the lighton the heli would blink but not sync with the controller. removing the canopy I found the blue wire had came un conected from the frontof the green board.. Does any one have a photo of the front of the board so I can confirm I attached it back to the correct contact? after resodering it it still will not sync with contorller but has power ie red light blinks.
billtucker is offline Find More Posts by billtucker
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billtucker View Post
I am having probblem with my v911. Had this bird for only a few weeks . My first. Went to fly it yesterday and the lighton the heli would blink but not sync with the controller. removing the canopy I found the blue wire had came un conected from the frontof the green board.. Does any one have a photo of the front of the board so I can confirm I attached it back to the correct contact? after resodering it it still will not sync with contorller but has power ie red light blinks.
I don't have a camera but I can tell you after looking at mine that it's proper connect point is at the bottom left of the board above the M2 and to the left of that little black rectangular component.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:01 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys..Im going with a carbon shaft and the sx motor. Extreme has a delrin version of the solo pro 260 head instead of the heavy aluminum head...may try that along with the Extreme blades..Has anyone played with pinions for different head speeds? Im thinking it may reduce temps not having the motor work as hard for lift...I think hobbyking has 7-8 and 9 tooth pinions to fit the main motor shafts if im not mistaken.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:26 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Poor pic, but might help you

col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:29 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
removing the canopy I found the blue wire had came un conected from the frontof the green board..
The blue wires on mine are connected to the servo motors, not sure if these would affect the ability to bind unless one of them are connected to the wrong pad I suppose. Here's a pic from my orange v911, hope it helps.
LarryCnAZ is offline Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:38 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Does the wire you're talking about connect to the main motor?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:56 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,020 Posts
@billtucker Can you give a picture of your board?
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys..Im going with a carbon shaft and the sx motor. Extreme has a delrin version of the solo pro 260 head instead of the heavy aluminum head...may try that along with the Extreme blades..Has anyone played with pinions for different head speeds? Im thinking it may reduce temps not having the motor work as hard for lift...I think hobbyking has 7-8 and 9 tooth pinions to fit the main motor shafts if im not mistaken.
do you know what the pitch of the current pinions are?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:28 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
894 Posts
Brookstone is selling the V911

Just in case you do not know. Brookstone sells a complete RTF box containing the V911 in fancy colors , complete with TX for 99 dollars. But there is a 30% DISCOUNT DEAL GOING ON RIGHT NOW.. And here is the kicker, you can join the Brookstone flying team ( or something like that) and you will get ALL the spare parts for a year for about 20 bucks!!! Check it out!!
HPCR is offline Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:31 PM
San Mateo, CA
Joined Dec 2012
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compactrisc View Post
That's so true ... I broke 3 blades 1st day I got the authentic v911, all broke at the screw. previously I've heard v911 is literally indestructible, sounds like Achilles' heel ...
Yep I broke 2 blades already. same spot.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:41 PM
San Mateo, CA
Joined Dec 2012
894 Posts
Two of my V911's are flying without the bottom part of the tail fin. I have just received some tail fin replacements. Looking at finding a way to just attach the new one but I can not figure out a way to do it because it looks as if that fin needs to be slid onto the boom from the front ie from the canopy end of it). That does not sound correct. How do you do it?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:45 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCR View Post
Just in case you do not know. Brookstone sells a complete RTF box containing the V911 in fancy colors , complete with TX for 99 dollars. But there is a 30% DISCOUNT DEAL GOING ON RIGHT NOW.. And here is the kicker, you can join the Brookstone flying team ( or something like that) and you will get ALL the spare parts for a year for about 20 bucks!!! Check it out!!
That's not such a great deal. They were clearing those RTF packages out for $35 after christmas, I grabbed one. It's just a regular RTF v911 with Brookstone colors, and the TX has an extra button to switch into 3 channel mode.

Just pick up an RTF v911 off Amazon or Ebay for <$50.

The "Brookstone Spare Parts" that came with my RTF was simply the usual tail rotor, blades, connectors, and screws. You could keep yourself in regular supply of those items for much less than $20, and many RTF kits come with most of these things.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead