HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:37 AM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
I have no idea, but it just happens...
I was using FixID binding on DEVO10 running deviation fw 2.1.xx
For the red v911, when it powers up, the red led first flashes in medium rate then fast rate (and you can re-bind to a different ID at this phase), then eventually slow rate, if TX is ready at time the led turns solid and it is ready to fly.
For the yellow v911, it stays in fast flashing phase forever, until I bind it with FixID, but when power is cycled it will do the same. Interesting part is that, if I bind it without ID, it still binds but the servo response is very very sluggish, make it impractical to fly.
Any hint on what I was doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCR View Post
I just received two of the yV911 but I am still waiting for the batteries. I also bought some battery holders ( the new version) just in case I want to use the new batteries. I wonder why you would need to bind them yello birds every time. Does anybody know??
compactrisc is offline Find More Posts by compactrisc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:53 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
@Flyingboats, Banggood sales a kit (blades, canopy, and vertical tail).

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...l-p-51691.html
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:58 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
The a1 & b1 blades are the same.

I don't know how you managed to break the v911 blades multiple times in a day I've flown sideways into a tree trunk, hit the ceiling on purpose multiple times & yawed at full rates sideways into my fish tank. Maybe yours are over tightened?
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:59 AM
Just Fly!
United States
Joined Jan 2013
148 Posts
V911 canopy compatibility...

Hi guys, new to this forum...
I also own a V911 (original one) and LOVE it!!

Now I have to buy a canopy for my V911..
Found this on banggood: Link
But for this combo which contains the same canopy, there is a review which says that it doesn't fit on V911...

Actually I think that these canopies are of the "Yellow" V911... So I started thinking that perhaps the canopy of "Yellow" V911 was not compatible with my original one... Is that the case? Can someone who has both please check it for me?

Any other suggestions? Has someone ever bought it?

Thanks in advance!
abhi19nav is offline Find More Posts by abhi19nav
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:00 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Also what are every ones favorite replacement tail motors? I want to just buy them in bulk, so far I have the solo pro v2 tail motor but I don't know how long it will last as it was just installed today
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:16 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi19nav View Post
Hi guys, new to this forum...
I also own a V911 (original one) and LOVE it!!

Now I have to buy a canopy for my V911..
Found this on banggood: Link
But for this combo which contains the same canopy, there is a review which says that it doesn't fit on V911...

Actually I think that these canopies are of the "Yellow" V911... So I started thinking that perhaps the canopy of "Yellow" V911 was not compatible with my original one... Is that the case? Can someone who has both please check it for me?

Any other suggestions? Has someone ever bought it?

Thanks in advance!
The mainframe of the Y911 clone (yellow or white) is something like 3mm wider. The canopies aren't the same fit. I tried swopping them and it puts too much stress on the canopy rods. Could probably make them fit by drilling a couplle of new holes, but I couldn't be bothered trying. My Vs will stay Vs and my Ys will stay Ys
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:24 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
I found that the V911 canopy will fit the Y model, but it's more of a stretch because the posts are in slightly different positions. The V canopy is under a lot more tension on the Y frame, tight like a drum, but it can fit.

I've heard that over-tightening the screws that fix the main blades can cause them to break, and I've borken quite a few, so I'll try looser and see if the rate of destruction decreases.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,633 Posts
The y911 will behave the same as the v911 as far as binding is concern when used with the stock TX.

It's only when used with a FlySky compatible TX that you have to do the extra step of putting the radio into binding mode on each battery change.

Hope that clarifies things.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,770 Posts
My son and I flew the H911 yesterday. It is WAY more agile than my solo pro. You can lean it over and crash quite easy, and even on low rates. We are using the stock controller for him since he does not have a real Tx yet. It was windy and I was trying to just teach him to hover in the wind. Of course I had to recover it but I think he did quite well for his first time on an FP. He got the idea of nudging it a bit into the wind, and that's a bid deal for a kid. I'm sure other kids his age are doing 3D, but he is just starting, and so am I for that matter.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
Thanks Daryoon. That makes perfect sense now to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The y911 will behave the same as the v911 as far as binding is concern when used with the stock TX.

It's only when used with a FlySky compatible TX that you have to do the extra step of putting the radio into binding mode on each battery change.

Hope that clarifies things.
compactrisc is offline Find More Posts by compactrisc
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:51 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
My v911 just wants to yaw clockwise, even at full trim. At full trim if let go, it would complete a circle in about 20 seconds.

It has a slight roll to the right which is easily trimmed.

I'd like to think there is something I could tweak, twist, bend to stop it. Thoughts
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:03 PM
United States, MN, Rochester
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
I finally saw the need to mechanically trim my 911's. At first I only had the Lightningbird, so just a few clicks of trim on the TX and it was flying great. Now that I have an H911 as well, however, it was becoming a hassle to trim each one accordingly since I only have the stock TX. After mechanically trimming them I can now switch between Helis with no change in trim needed. Can't wait until it warms up to try these outside!
Jcgonzal is offline Find More Posts by Jcgonzal
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:23 PM
United States, WI, River Falls
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
Sipple31 Just pop the weight out of the other side of your fly bar and fly it without the weights, you'll find it flies fine without them. Just has a little less self correction.
I wound up taking the other weight out and giving each side about 4 wraps of black tape... Definitely just fine.
Sipple31 is offline Find More Posts by Sipple31
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:28 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Hey guys, my tail motor died on a new version V911 with black-capped
motors. I've found a million places online that sell replacement V911 tail
motors but they all look like older versions with the white end caps.
I'm under the impression that these are longer and won't fit my motor
cradle. Is this true?
If it is true, does anyone know where to get a tail motor that's
compatible with my heli?
And has anyone successfully run a more heat-tolerant tail motor in their V911? It
seems like the Solo Pro 260A tail motor would work but you'd have to
also switch the main motor to keep the copter from spinning?
ilmystic is offline Find More Posts by ilmystic
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:45 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
I picked up a Harbor Freight case for on sale yesterday for $20.I had a coupon that bought my cost down to $16. It holds three helicopters and two transmitters. One Super FP with Devo 7. Two v911, and I can put the 9116 for the V911s on top of the birds with no squishing. . All away from the kiddos.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40