HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:09 PM
Joined Jan 2013
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
It looks like the H911 product description on Amazon has been changed to reflect the 130 mah batteries. That was fast! I'm impressed.
Yes, just looked it up. Good!
Amazon is taken seriously by businesses.
Still, haven't heard a thing from them though, not good customer service.

Did a search for other sites selling the H911 and they still list the larger battery size, which is likely incorrect, but I don't know since I didn't buy from them, so - buyer beware.
Heloo is offline Find More Posts by Heloo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:34 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
594 Posts
Another practice video I made today I need to practice more on bank turns.

Hero Rc H911 Warbird Edition 4ch FP Helicopter Flying Practice #2 (6 min 4 sec)
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:39 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
you only have to bind once, after that turn on your tx first & then insert your batt. works every time for me
I agree with 2_Crash_Thumbs, the Y911 is a bit different then the true wl toys V911 when powering up.
The process above works on the Wl toys V911, but my Y911 clone I have to bind it each time. Battery first then power on the TX
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Ordering my V911 this weekend from banggood...Any of you thread vets have a short simple list of all the mods that were discussed on here that you can list off hand...over 1000 pages is alot to look through to find all of them...Im aware of the motor and flybar paddle upgrades.. Im going to keep the stock flybar set up for less twitchy control....Wanting to replace the main shaft with something alittle lighter if possible..I recall reading about the Y911 version having a carbon main shaft but using the fisheye swash...any chance i can use just the shaft with the stock swash from the V911 version like im purchasing?..Anything on blade upgrades using the stock head?. Also the new 200mah batteries being offered for the new plug version like im ordering; are they overkill as far as runtime...i know the motors get hot pretty fast but would rather fly less time than 30 seconds to a minute more and really over heat the motors..Any thoughs on rather i should get the 200s or stick with the stock 120s?.What about the 150s?..Thanks for any and all help and opinions.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Last edited by 6sharky9; Jan 19, 2013 at 04:46 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:52 AM
Joined Dec 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Ordering my V911 this weekend from banggood...Any of you thread vets have a short simple list of all the mods that were discussed on here that you can list off hand...over 1000 pages is alot to look through to find all of them...Im aware of the motor and flybar paddle upgrades...Wanting to replace the main shaft with something alittle lighter if possible..I recall reading about the Y911 version having a carbon shaft but using the fisheye swash...any chance i can use just the shaft with the stock swash from the V911 version like im purchasing?..Anything on blade upgrades using the stock head?.Thanks
actually no need to rush and upgrade anything on stock v911. they fly great in stock parts if the pilot know how to control them. they can make bank turn very fast and recover beautifully.

imho .. just use the stock v911, get the feel of it, and if you are not satisfied, you can always upgrade later
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:03 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Ordering my V911 this weekend from banggood...Any of you thread vets have a short simple list of all the mods that were discussed on here that you can list off hand...over 1000 pages is alot to look through to find all of them...Im aware of the motor and flybar paddle upgrades.. Im going to keep the stock flybar set up for less twitchy control....Wanting to replace the main shaft with something alittle lighter if possible..I recall reading about the Y911 version having a carbon main shaft but using the fisheye swash...any chance i can use just the shaft with the stock swash from the V911 version like im purchasing?..Anything on blade upgrades using the stock head?. Also the new 200mah batteries being offered for the new plug version like im ordering; are they overkill as far as runtime...i know the motors get hot pretty fast but would rather fly less time than 30 seconds to a minute more and really over heat the motors..Any thoughs on rather i should get the 200s or stick with the stock 120s?.What about the 150s?..Thanks for any and all help and opinions.

I just ordered this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

It should be here by the 25th & I can't comment much on the battery, mine came with the 200mah & I've upgraded it to 240mah. My main motor doesn't really get hot but my tail motor is starting to go so I think you should order extra
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:54 AM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
banggood has the fisheye squash with carbon shaft in v911 parts. Just search my posts for the heat sink for tail motor out popcan metal I made tail motor stays real cool with it . For some reason banggood doesn't have the 150s with a 5fer deal in new plug i was hoping they would they just did it in 200s.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:31 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,625 Posts
Quote:
Quote:

I just ordered this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

It should be here by the 25th & I can't comment much on the battery, mine came with the 200mah & I've upgraded it to 240mah. My main motor doesn't really get hot but my tail motor is starting to go so I think you should order extra
Well, if you can afford to be patient, I would recommend to get it from here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Shaft_Set.html
ordering 3 will be technically equal to order super saver shipping from Amazon plus, if you use the SP260 head, you will also need SP260 blades, so IF you order THIS from either store, and you DONT already have a SP260 OR the spare SP260 blades, dont forget to put those on your list as well.
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:34 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
banggood has the fisheye squash with carbon shaft in v911 parts. Just search my posts for the heat sink for tail motor out popcan metal I made tail motor stays real cool with it . For some reason banggood doesn't have the 150s with a 5fer deal in new plug i was hoping they would they just did it in 200s.
One thing about the 200mAh batteries vs. the 120mAh ones is that they are basically 50% heavier ... so the actual GAIN from using them is in fact smaller than you might think as the added weight counters part of the extra mAh ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:42 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Hi, does anybody know where I can buy the small screw for the servo horn, one fell out today while flying and things got interesting.
Maso is offline Find More Posts by Maso
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:26 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso View Post
Hi, does anybody know where I can buy the small screw for the servo horn, one fell out today while flying and things got interesting.
As far as I know they don't offer a screw package for the v911. You'll have to source from a donor v911 or another heli. Don't lose the flybar screw, I haven't seen that one anywhere.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Jan 19, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:27 AM
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
One thing about the 200mAh batteries vs. the 120mAh ones is that they are basically 50% heavier ... so the actual GAIN from using them is in fact smaller than you might think as the added weight counters part of the extra mAh ...
I was actually hoping to get the 150s as there was much praise for them in the old style. The price isn't too bad just no 5fer price as all the rest of the batts offered
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:36 AM
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=15315

Link to tail motor heatsink it works very well. I would say motor is 20-30 degrees F cooler after full battery. I even seem to get less tail drift at last 2/3 battery power. I didn't protect it from a tail crash into 3/4" steel plate bench.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:21 AM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso View Post
If you have a (Tacoma screw) in your area they can make you a screw for really cheap 10 cents maybe
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:29 AM
Ft Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2010
87 Posts
is the 911 really a step towards a cp heli
Capt Buddy is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buddy