HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:26 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos12 View Post
as soon as its up in the air it spins anticlockwise out of control.......
and if i hold the helli with slight throttle and full left pitch the tail rotor stops but as soon as i let the heli go the tail rotor goes on full and spins out again!
never mind
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Last edited by Bvc; Jan 15, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:13 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
Yikes, those look perfect but I can buy name brand lipos for my other blade micros for less than that and 1 at a time. I will probably get some if my son loves the v911 as much as I think he will but they seem high. I guess the proprietary connection makes them lower supply / higher price. If I wasn't so terrible at soldering I would put a connector to use my msrx and nano batteries on it.
Some hobby shops will solder on a connector you buy from them for a few $$..
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjw View Post
So which one is your GO TO helicopter... "favorite"??? And why do you like it better? What are the flight characteristics compared to the others?

Just curious,,, I'm up to 3 now. I have a red, black/orange, and a lightning. Really want to get an H911. I flew one today and it was really nice. My lightning flies the best out of all mine.
Horses for courses dizzy. I like the standard white and yellow helis for flying indoors as my living room isn't exactly a warehouse and they fly very precisely due to having the fisheye swash plates. The blue/white is cool for outdoors as it has very good FFF, but the batteries disconnect very easily. Hoping this is solved on the red/white one, but haven't had much time to fly it yet as I've been busy with my MJX F45 in between rain showers. Haven't flown my e-rix for ages, but it was the reason I found the V911 in the first place. The white heli with the paddles I'm not too keen on, as it has a pronounced pendulum effect, and I'm not a good enough pilot to control it properly yet. I could really do with finding a gymnasium or similar large indoor place to practice on it, but if all else fails I'll just wait til we get some really nice calm spring weather. Got enough to keep me busy in the meantime anyway

Cheers
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:24 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
I have been out of the v911 scene for a while, moved on to blade helis most recently a 300x, but I ordered one for my 5 year old on aliexpress. I was excited to see that when it arrived it was not the old style v911 bnf that I ordered, but instead the new style rtf package. This is ok because he got a new transmitter and all but I have 5 or 6 old style batteries and the new rtf came with 2 of the new style. I see a lively discussion about batteries is going as usual for most of these threads but are there any good aftermarket ones with the same connector as the stock ones. I don't want to modify his heli as I am a horrible solderer (sp?). Last time I ordered no name "upgrade" batteries for my v911 they were crap and I would prefer something that someone here recommends that will plug right in if it exists.
Here u to there $3.31 a piece 200mah free shipping but come from Germany so wait is around 2-3 weeks
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ne...y-p-61242.html
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:32 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Yikes, those look perfect but I can buy name brand lipos for my other blade micros for less than that and 1 at a time. I will probably get some if my son loves the v911 as much as I think he will but they seem high. I guess the proprietary connection makes them lower supply / higher price. If I wasn't so terrible at soldering I would put a connector to use my msrx and nano batteries on it.
If you can wait a month
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-61723.html
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...t-p-52374.html
I don't know why there is no 5fer deal on the 150s
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,262 Posts
+1 on the yellow for confined indoor flight.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Last edited by R.sok; Jan 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:00 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
To test the gyro, hold heli in hand, twist ccw, tail motor should spin up to resist.
I tried that and the gyro seems the work fine??? Tho it still spins out! Im very cofused
Carlos12 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos12
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:29 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,249 Posts
Quote:
I tried that and the gyro seems the work fine??? Tho it still spins out! Im very cofused
Is the tail motor spinning CCW? Nothing got tangled on motor shaft? Tail rotor on tightly? If all those are affirmative and the gyro is working, then it could be a problem with the motor.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:32 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
279 Posts
Quote:

Did you put the tail prop on backwards?
ashtodust2000 is online now Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:39 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Is the tail motor spinning CCW? Nothing got tangled on motor shaft? Tail rotor on tightly? If all those are affirmative and the gyro is working, then it could be a problem with the motor.
are wires crossed prop on right
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,262 Posts
@Carlos12
Is there any cracks on the tail blade close to the hole. Also it may be loose.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:08 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Last night i tired the tail prop on both ways but iv jst realized the trim was maxed out will try a few other things too
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:27 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Problem fixed the tail prop was on backwards and the trim was wrong so i feel stupid! :/ thanx for all your help!!!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Can't wait for all my mods to come in so I can test them
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok