HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Just received my 240mah battery today.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

I'm currently breaking it in & the heli has no problem flying around with it. Compared to my original 200mah battery this one is almost an inch shorter. I really like the shape it is more of a square & after stripping off most of the 240mah wire It is hard for me to tell which one is heavier by hand
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
I received the 5 pack of 180mah Vicious Teknology batteries today (I got off ebay).

I flew the new battery back to back with the stock, both doing basic circles and smooth continuous flight until I could no longer get lift at full throttle, then landed.

Stock battery (UC 531136 that came with my H911) : 4:19
Vicious 180mah: 5: 59

Weights:

Stock:4.84g
Vicious: 6.05g
H911 no battery: 28.25g

I didn't have to do any trimming to the copter, everything flew with same settings as stock trim, performance was fine, even seemed smoother and less jerky, I assume because of the extra weight. These are newer batteries than my stock but they did deliver more even power throughout the flight, they don't seem so "hot" in the first minute as the stock ones do and I seem to consistently get about a minute or more flight time.

I'm happy, I prefer the new batteries so far.
bbrackeen is offline Find More Posts by bbrackeen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:24 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrackeen View Post
I received the 5 pack of 180mah Vicious Teknology batteries today (I got off ebay).

I flew the new battery back to back with the stock, both doing basic circles and smooth continuous flight until I could no longer get lift at full throttle, then landed.

Stock battery (UC 531136 that came with my H911) : 4:19
Vicious 180mah: 5: 59

Weights:

Stock:4.84g
Vicious: 6.05g
H911 no battery: 28.25g

I didn't have to do any trimming to the copter, everything flew with same settings as stock trim, performance was fine, even seemed smoother and less jerky, I assume because of the extra weight. These are newer batteries than my stock but they did deliver more even power throughout the flight, they don't seem so "hot" in the first minute as the stock ones do and I seem to consistently get about a minute or more flight time.

I'm happy, I prefer the new batteries so far.
I'm not sure if that's the way your supposed to break in a new lipo, maybe I'm wrong. But I plug in the new batt, place the heli level, Put something heavy on the skid (I used a 9 volt battery), pushed the throttle just until the blade starts to spin, leave it like that for 3 then remove batt, charge it back up, repeat the same steps but this time let it go for 4 minutes, repeat the same steps but this time 5 minutes, repeat & then fly the heli normal. I don't think your supposed to fly a new batt until the heli doesn't get lift.
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:30 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
I never ever broke in a lipo and never ever had any lipo wear out or not hold a charge in my 3 years using a lipo.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:32 PM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
Hit N Run's Avatar
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I never ever broke in a lipo and never ever had any lipo wear out or not hold a charge in my 3 years using a lipo.
Agreed. Lipo batteries don't need to be cycled like nicads/nihm batteries do. Nor do they get a "memory" like them. And very little or no voltage drop after charging.

All these reasons are why I always use lipo batteries on EVERYTHING that I fly.

Oh, and they're lighter too!
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Here is the size comparison for the lightning bird 200mah battery & 240mah battery http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps912f6143.jpg
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
I'm not sure if that's the way your supposed to break in a new lipo, maybe I'm wrong. But I plug in the new batt, place the heli level, Put something heavy on the skid (I used a 9 volt battery), pushed the throttle just until the blade starts to spin, leave it like that for 3 then remove batt, charge it back up, repeat the same steps but this time let it go for 4 minutes, repeat the same steps but this time 5 minutes, repeat & then fly the heli normal. I don't think your supposed to fly a new batt until the heli doesn't get lift.
I've seen no instructions with my batteries, chargers, or models that say anything about breaking in a lipo.

I don't run them until they are dead on the floor, but its obvious when you are past the point of usefulness and that seemed like an adequate and equal place to stop the timer.
bbrackeen is offline Find More Posts by bbrackeen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:12 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
I have been out of the v911 scene for a while, moved on to blade helis most recently a 300x, but I ordered one for my 5 year old on aliexpress. I was excited to see that when it arrived it was not the old style v911 bnf that I ordered, but instead the new style rtf package. This is ok because he got a new transmitter and all but I have 5 or 6 old style batteries and the new rtf came with 2 of the new style. I see a lively discussion about batteries is going as usual for most of these threads but are there any good aftermarket ones with the same connector as the stock ones. I don't want to modify his heli as I am a horrible solderer (sp?). Last time I ordered no name "upgrade" batteries for my v911 they were crap and I would prefer something that someone here recommends that will plug right in if it exists.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Also is the h911 a rebrand or a clone. I LOVE the canopy, is there anywhere selling it by itself? The only place I have seen the h911 at all is on xheli.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:28 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
Also is the h911 a rebrand or a clone. I LOVE the canopy, is there anywhere selling it by itself? The only place I have seen the h911 at all is on xheli.
here is me honest opinion:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=246

see the video in post#248 (if interested ...)

so, as far as I am concerned: CLEARLY rebrand, definitely NOT a clone!!!

EDIT:
RE: canopy - second that!!! I would also love to be able to get the canopy by itself - however, I was saying from the first time I saw this bird that I highly doubt they will offer THIS canopy by itself ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:45 AM
Registered User
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
My H911 arrived today, its a great heli. Very stable just like my V911. Very responsive just like my V911. Flies great just like my V911. The problem is it came with 130 mah batteries just like my V911.

The H911 product description on Amazon says the H911 comes with 180 mah batteries. My H911 came with the UC531136 batteries. The attached photo shows my V911 batteries on the left and my H911 batteries on the right. I sent them an email and I am hoping for the best.
alot of the original descriptions for the v911 said 180mah. I think it was a copy and paste error from those original ads . Maybe you can get a little something out of it, saying that's why you got it there. I doubt if they ever had or have any 180 batts to offer you.I have been hoping the 150s will go down a bit on banggood or a 5 fer deal instead of 10fer break.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:49 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
I have been out of the v911 scene for a while, moved on to blade helis most recently a 300x, but I ordered one for my 5 year old on aliexpress. I was excited to see that when it arrived it was not the old style v911 bnf that I ordered, but instead the new style rtf package. This is ok because he got a new transmitter and all but I have 5 or 6 old style batteries and the new rtf came with 2 of the new style. I see a lively discussion about batteries is going as usual for most of these threads but are there any good aftermarket ones with the same connector as the stock ones. I don't want to modify his heli as I am a horrible solderer (sp?). Last time I ordered no name "upgrade" batteries for my v911 they were crap and I would prefer something that someone here recommends that will plug right in if it exists.
http://www.amazon.com/V911-Upgraded-..._bxgy_t_text_z
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Help!

I need help with my v911
the tail rotor burnt out awile ago and iv jst got a new one and fitted it today, but as soon as its up in the air it spins anticlockwise out of control, and triming dosnt do anything and if i hold the helli with slight throttle and full left pitch the tail rotor stops but as soon as i let the heli go the tail rotor goes on full and spins out again!

Iv tried making sure the tail blades are the right way round and played around with the trims and controls abit to but nothing changes it the slightest wen its in the air, could it be the gyro? Any help would b greatly appresiated!!
Carlos12 is offline Find More Posts by Carlos12
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:41 AM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos12 View Post
I need help with my v911
the tail rotor burnt out awile ago and iv jst got a new one and fitted it today, but as soon as its up in the air it spins anticlockwise out of control, and triming dosnt do anything and if i hold the helli with slight throttle and full left pitch the tail rotor stops but as soon as i let the heli go the tail rotor goes on full and spins out again!

Iv tried making sure the tail blades are the right way round and played around with the trims and controls abit to but nothing changes it the slightest wen its in the air, could it be the gyro? Any help would b greatly appresiated!!
To test the gyro, hold heli in hand, twist ccw, tail motor should spin up to resist.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:46 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
Yikes, those look perfect but I can buy name brand lipos for my other blade micros for less than that and 1 at a time. I will probably get some if my son loves the v911 as much as I think he will but they seem high. I guess the proprietary connection makes them lower supply / higher price. If I wasn't so terrible at soldering I would put a connector to use my msrx and nano batteries on it.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 03:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 04:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 02:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 01:26 AM