HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:03 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
I don't have a scale, so If any of you do can you tell me how many grams your battery is? whether it be 140/180/200 mah. Thanks!
I don't have a scale, but have gleaned this data from this topic:

TC531131 = 120mah, 37x12x6mm 3.94g
UC531136 = 130mah, 42x12x6mm, 4.4g, new plug
TC551136V = 145mah, 42x12x6mm, 4.38g
UC551148 = 200 mah, 52xx12x6mm, 6g, new plug
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
My Favourite cells are the 150mah out of the 120, 130 and 145 I have. I'm on old style connections.
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:03 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,190 Posts
Hrm, how well would the v911 handle a 8g battery? im tempted to add one of my spare walkera conectors to it and use the same batterys as i use for my minicp. Aka 300 mah 35c nanotechs. Considdering its restricted to indoor flights only as i have a master, mini and ladybird for outdoor fun.

Obviously i would not fully drain them as that would overheat the motor and then some.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:10 PM
Ft Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2010
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Buddy View Post
My v911 arrived yesterday, got a bunch of flights out of it(awesome heli) but my tail motor plastic end cap came off . I can snap it back in but it doesn't power up. What do i do, do any of the blade motors work?
I replaced my tail motor, but now the heli just spirals out of control. any ideas?
Capt Buddy is offline Find More Posts by Capt Buddy
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:16 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,190 Posts
Quote:
I replaced my tail motor, but now the heli just spirals out of control. any ideas?
Third Doctor - Reverse the polarity (0 min 10 sec)

Sounds like your tail motor is spinning the wrong way. Check so you have the polarity correct on the wires.

Also make sure the prop is correct. though this should only make the tail behave less well, not spin it out.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:17 PM
United States, VA, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2012
162 Posts
Quote:

Try putting the tail prop on the other way... Flip it around
dizzyjw is offline Find More Posts by dizzyjw
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:17 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
Yes.

There is a lot of manufacturing variances in these budget birds and so YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) about how much extra weight is possible.

Here is some battery info:

v911 lipo flight cells

TC531131 = 120mah, 37x12x6mm 3.94g
UC531136 = 130mah, 42x12x6mm, 4.4g, new plug
TC551136V = 145mah, 42x12x6mm, 4.38g
Thanks! Looks like the stock one I had was 4.4grams and I ordered the 200mah ones. I guess adding 1.6g is a decent trade off for geting +80mah.
With the stock 130mah batteries I need to apply quite a bit more of the throttle after 3 minutes so hopefully the battery upgrade will sort this out.
Puppy heli flyer is offline Find More Posts by Puppy heli flyer
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:19 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLD03bU5R5M

Sounds like your tail motor is spinning the wrong way. Check so you have the polarity correct on the wires.

Also make sure the prop is correct. though this should only make the tail behave less well, not spin it out.
OK....I fire up my Yellow Bird and the correct orientation and rotation is thus:

- looking downwards at the heli tail the tail propellor moves towards the rear of the heli

- looking downwards at the heli tail the tail propellor is installed so that the leading edge of the tail propellor is closer to the boom than the trailing edge
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:29 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
I don't have a scale, but have gleaned this data from this topic:
That thing is a pig..

Iv got some 190 mah 25c batteries from miniaviation which I'm real happy with at 5 g but the end result is only a few tenths more.. MSR connector and the battery fits the stock new version battery slot.
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:05 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
That thing is a pig..

Iv got some 190 mah 25c batteries from miniaviation which I'm real happy with at 5 g but the end result is only a few tenths more.. MSR connector and the battery fits the stock new version battery slot.
Any piks of that batt
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:20 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Just broke my buddies v911 clone (Brookstone Stunt Copter). i wasn't even flying it! it got knocked off a ledge and the tail motor broke. i gather that it's easier to buy a BNF version from eBay.. unless there is a better place? I am concerned that the BNF version will not bind to my transmitter, can someone assure me that it will? I am also clueless about the binding process. Does it happen automatically?

If I want to replace the tail motor, i will have to wrap the wires around the tail motor - there is no way that the wires are coming out of the boom. I know someone who will be able to solder it.. is this a possible solution as well?

thank you all for any insight.
pwilliams is offline Find More Posts by pwilliams
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:47 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilliams View Post
Just broke my buddies v911 clone (Brookstone Stunt Copter). i wasn't even flying it! it got knocked off a ledge and the tail motor broke. i gather that it's easier to buy a BNF version from eBay.. unless there is a better place? I am concerned that the BNF version will not bind to my transmitter, can someone assure me that it will? I am also clueless about the binding process. Does it happen automatically?

If I want to replace the tail motor, i will have to wrap the wires around the tail motor - there is no way that the wires are coming out of the boom. I know someone who will be able to solder it.. is this a possible solution as well?

From what I heard about the brookstone stunt copter is that it has the beginner 3ch mode using the right chorome button on the top of the Tx where as a v911 bnf doesn't have that option to do 3ch but yes the Td of the stunt copter will bind with a v911 bnf
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:53 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilliams View Post

Wrapping the tail motor wire around the boom worked for me when I had to do it.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:43 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
From what I heard about the brookstone stunt copter is that it has the beginner 3ch mode using the right chorome button on the top of the Tx where as a v911 bnf doesn't have that option to do 3ch but yes the Td of the stunt copter will bind with a v911 bnf
The 3 channel mode will work on any v911 you bind to the tx. I've got the Brookstone copter and a regular 911.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:52 AM
Joined Jan 2013
133 Posts
Regarding my earlier post 15992, thank you everyone for your advice.

I crazy glued the cracked blade. First time I put glue in the crack and let it dry for close to two hours. That didn't hold up. Second time, I put glue in crack and brushed a thin film over the crack on both sides of the blade, top and bottom, and let it dry about 24 hrs. This has so far held up over 20 flights with lots of crashes. Flying characteristics have barely been affected. Where it would take off bearing right before now it bears forward and is more prone to forward motion, but I really can't attribute this to the glue job due to the multitude of crashes, regardless, it's minor and easy to compensate for.

The blades it came with are A1 and the replacement set B1. I can't tell any difference based on a close visual inspection. The tail blades have come off a couple time so I'm going to put a dab of crazy glue at the end.

Aside from that it's all good, and I just finished my first flight without crashing, number 45. Starting to get better overall control and feel, especially at being able to regain control after I loose it. I fly mostly inside a small room which I feel will pay off in the long term as I will eventually gain good precise control over the helo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousTek View Post
We have them in stock. 180mah 25c with the new style plug.
What is the weight of these batteries? How much difference will 20 mah make? I read so many different experiences as to longer flight times. Some no doubt is attributable to peculiar crafts and flying style, yet others are probably related to product quality. Any useful info to help a buyer decide appreciated.
Heloo is offline Find More Posts by Heloo