HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:41 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
On the v911, you can easily replace the swashplate with the Solo Pro version. Then the issue will no longer be an issue.
Or just the right amount of glue in the right area can fix the swash separation also. No need to buy upgraded parts if you just want to fix it. My swash plate separated after hard crashes only ... give me an incentive not to crash.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:46 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
he V911 is doing fine I just keep charging the batteries and keep on flying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qZwDvKnA4
Nice flying. IMO, the V911 seems to handle as good as any heli in it's class, regardless of price. I doubt you could find another heli at $45 that gives the performance of the V911 and comes with a 2.4 GHz Tx w/LCD, 2 batteries, spare blades. If so, I'd like to know what it is.
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Jan 19, 2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
Another video. This was more about new firmware for the #16 camera than the V911. The V911 is doing fine I just keep charging the batteries and keep on flying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qZwDvKnA4
That really is good flying, no joke. No messing around there.

I think you're ready for CP and 3x gyro now.

Don't get stuck in the rut like many on this thread will... (The v911/Syma avatars speak volumes)
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:12 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
That really is good flying, no joke. No messing around there.

I think you're ready for CP and 3x gyro now.

Don't get stuck in the rut like many on this thread will... (The v911/Syma avatars speak volumes)
I think the V911 will be the stepping stone for many 3-ch coaxial heli guys. It was for me, and now this spring I may step up again into something large and expensive for some serious outside flying.

Of course, the V911 will still be around for indoor 4-ch basic skill practice & honing.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:22 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
The 9958 does not have any problem with swashplate separation.
This not true.

My 2x 9958 both have swashplate separation issues.

I was actually very worried when it happened 1st time, i think i unloaded more than 1 battery before i identified and fixxed this issue ...
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:48 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,187 Posts
I've flown my V911 about 20 times now without swashplate seperation (knock on wood).
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:41 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Regarding dual rate, is it supposed to be activated at the top left side button on the transmitter?

There seems to be no change in any info showing at the LCD when pressing it, but I haven't tried to feel the diference when in flight.

I know Solo Pro has the dual rate activated by pressing the right stick and it shows that on transmitter LCD. I was expecting something similar with V911.
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:09 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
This not true.

I was actually very worried when it happened 1st time, i think i unloaded more than 1 battery before i identified and fixxed this issue ...
Thanks. I stand corrected. I wasn't aware anyone was experiencing this problem.

At least it's a pretty easy problem to resolve.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:14 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
Regarding dual rate, is it supposed to be activated at the top left side button on the transmitter?

There seems to be no change in any info showing at the LCD when pressing it, but I haven't tried to feel the diference when in flight.

I know Solo Pro has the dual rate activated by pressing the right stick and it shows that on transmitter LCD. I was expecting something similar with V911.
There is a dual rate indicator. It just isn't what you expected if you're familiar with how Nine Eagles does it.

Basically, there is a icon that shows the stick's range of motion. Move your aileron stick to it's extremity...you'll see this icon graphically represent those movements.

Now, enable DR pressing the top left button on the TX. Do the same exercise as above by moving the aileron sticks to it's extremity. You'll see the same icon graphically showing that your servo does not have full range.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:09 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
Yes! Please do! All of my heli's except for the V911 are eFlite and my LHS carries a LOT of eFlite compatible batteries.

Quote:
Guess what arrived before dinner. My v911 is here.

Now, here's some solutions to the battery problem:

The Solo Pro skids are a direct fit onto the v911. No mods needed. Of course, it fits Nine Eagles battery or E-Fite/Parkzone type with the proper connector soldered on. The LiPo will slide into the canopy region, just like it does on the Solo Pro.

Now, if you want to have the battery seated the way the stock v911 has it, you can very easily mod the Nine Eagles batteries to do so. It's very simple and quick to do. You cut off the keyed ridge and two corners. Wire cutters, xacto knife does quick work of it. Then the battery will fit into the Solo Pro skids in the same orientation as the stock v911 skids. Just remember to solder the wire to the correct location on the RX board. In this case, since we switch the orientation, the Solo Pro's skid's black wire will go to the positive pad on the RX, while the skid's red wire need to get soldered to the negative pad on the v911's RX.

The Nine Eagles Solo coaxial heli's skids should also fit the v911. (I haven't tried it personally) The skids were designed so the battery is inserted the same way as the v911. Just keep in mind, it has a bend in the leg. So aesthetically, it may or may not be pleasing to you since it changes the "stock" look of the v911.

Lastly, I already modded the v911 skids to accept regular E-Flite/Parkzone type batteries. You know, the popular ultra micro plugs that are used in the Blade mCX, mSR as well as the Xieda 9958. That way, I use the same lipo cells as the rest of my fleet.

I will do a write up on that one and share tomorrow if you guys are interested.
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:08 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
This not true.

Shafter, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing that problem. But I knew where Daryoon was coming from when he claimed that 9958 did not have the swash plate separation problem. Between Daryoon and I, we have dealt with about 15 or so 9958s, and we've never seen one problem like so. You also have to looked at almost 3000 posts related to 9958 and this is the first time I've ever read of the problem. Based on that data point, it is very very unusual to say the least.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:13 AM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Hi,
The Banggood V911 battery is out of stock and down the shelf now.It will be on the shelf again on Jan,31th,with a biggest discount.
In order to thanks all the rcgroup member for your support,all the V911 parts will be more lower price.
Nice news
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:20 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick007shadow View Post
Nice news
Remember though that in China they are celebrating Chinese New Years from now until the 31st. Expect a backlog and some delays even after the 31st.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
67 Posts
I'm just what is described here. Started out on a 107G, got bored, and am loving the challenge of the V911. I'm still dreaming of what comes next, and planning my next birds (no flybar?) and transmitters (can't decide between turnigy 9x vs dx6).

I've only cracked the canopy so far, and had to squeeze the swash together 2x (I've had dozens of light/medium crashes. I think shredding my wife's poinsettia was the funniest).

I still think I'll buy the banggood parts pack, or just another 911. Not sure which makes more sense!
atkin is offline Find More Posts by atkin
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkin View Post
... I think shredding my wife's poinsettia was the funniest)...
LOL... the only plant in our living room has shredded leaves from all the helicopter flying, errrr crashing.
ink124 is offline Find More Posts by ink124