HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:25 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
if you want to go crabbing go to the ocean.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:46 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
So I want to get a case together for parts,tools and tx...maybe even for the heli... Only have a f45 and the h911 along with some smaller 3ch heli's... I tried to search the forum but can't find much...what are people using? Post your pics if you have any good ideas for a case...

-J
Jasonamorris6 is offline Find More Posts by Jasonamorris6
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
I transport my 911 in the styro packaging it came in. controller goes in the top pocket of the backpack
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:13 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
454 Posts
This is the case I got from Harbor Freight.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:22 PM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,401 Posts
i have a 2 week old white wl v911,today i recieved the orange and black bnf wl v911,and a rtf hero h911.after flying all three for 3 flights....the wl v911 is the most stable and predictable one to fly.
even though the wl v911 has the old style batteries....its still my favorite.

the hero and the orange wl both toss the battery in a crash (new battery style).
the hero is the most responsive of the three..its alot faster,but drifts wide turns.have to use side pitch for tight turns compared to my wl v911.

the orange v911,flies closely to my white v911....but still isnt as quick on response.drifts all over aswell.

all are easy to fly and tame,learn.
just stating there is a noticable difference between the three.

igotit is offline Find More Posts by igotit
Last edited by igotit; Jan 08, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:27 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
I like the Harbor Freight cases too. If you watch for sales you can get them for $22 @. For tools and parts I use a little case with individual compartments that I picked up from Home Depot.
Attachment 5433311
Attachment 5433312
Attachment 5433316
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357698469371.jpg
Views: 130
Size: 48.3 KB
Description:

Don't know why the pics aren't showing up, if you click the links you can see them.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:45 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart View Post
Iíve been reluctant to comment as youíre entering into the v911 heretic zone. I have modified some of my 911ís to fly Walkera batteries with a Walkera style plugs. I use a formed shrink tube holder CA glued to the skid. I move them forward to the point I have cut 4 or 5 mm off the bottom of the canopy. Iíve got 200, 240, and 300 mAh batteries and my favorite for flying outdoors is the 300. I donít suggest this mod unless you have an upgraded or really peppy stock main motor.

I have to admit to stealing this idea from others and before you reply please know that as a racer Iíve spent my whole life trying to make thing go faster at the cost of life/reliability. I have a bin full of motors and other parts so I donít really care what I burn up, even so I really havenít had many issues.

As far as flight characteristics go yes it flies heavier but I like still like the way it flies especially outside in some wind. For flight times I have gotten some to fly as long as 13 minutes but the norm is around 10 or 11. If you fly outside or your motors arenít the best flight times will go down.
I believe my main motor is pretty peppy. It uses 200mah & I taped the other 200mah batt to it to see if it would fly with both of them fine & the heli did well indoor & outdoor just fine, just a little less agile but a lot more stable.

I will first do a test with velcro & if it flies the way I like it to then I will modify the skids to permanently take these. Reason for me wanting to run the 240mah battery is because of the shape. They are more of a square than a rectangle which I believe will be good. I would be able to center the weight a lot better with a square battery. I will also make a custom heatsink for the main motor, If I end up burning the main motor then I will go ahead & order the bravo sx
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I like the Harbor Freight cases too. If you watch for sales you can get them for $22 @. For tools and parts I use a little case with individual compartments that I picked up from Home Depot.
Attachment 5433311
Attachment 5433312
Attachment 5433316
Attachment 5433323

Don't know why the pics aren't showing up, if you click the links you can see them.
Links didn't work....
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
This is the case I got from Harbor Freight.

Rick
Nice setup....
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:07 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
@ I think the rotor head is different on the new V911 verses the old ones (slide in batteries).
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:08 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
I believe my main motor is pretty peppy. It uses 200mah & I taped the other 200mah batt to it to see if it would fly with both of them fine & the heli did well indoor & outdoor just fine, just a little less agile but a lot more stable.

I will first do a test with velcro & if it flies the way I like it to then I will modify the skids to permanently take these. Reason for me wanting to run the 240mah battery is because of the shape. They are more of a square than a rectangle which I believe will be good. I would be able to center the weight a lot better with a square battery. I will also make a custom heatsink for the main motor, If I end up burning the main motor then I will go ahead & order the bravo sx
I bought a couple of BenMa Helios motors http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Be...2-p-49269.html that worked great but my last one was about the same as the stock motor. I have 4 more coming so I'll test one as soon as they come. The sx motor I have is good but they are expensive.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:12 PM
V911 Heli Owner
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Received a BNF today... looks exactly like my original (was supposed to be a different color on purpose but they shipped the wrong color which happened to be the same color scheme I already had).

It won't bind to my transmitter (Naturally)... I checked the circuit boards and they have the same dates and rev codes on them.

Is there anything else to check other than assume the BNF is defective?
dweeber is offline Find More Posts by dweeber
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:15 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6 View Post
Links didn't work....
Phone issues. How's this?
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:17 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
Got to fly my new Y911 today. 7 days from order to receipt.
The motor seems to have less power, but may be do to the Y911 has more weight. Even with the EPA at 120% on the DH9116 transmitter fff was not as fast as my Wl Toy birds. I noticed that the elevator servo was not centered. I remove the servo horn, and centered it. Now it has full throw. I much happier with its fff. Also for me left banked turns are much easier. This bird my get my extra Bravo SX motor to give it a bit more spunk.
Last edited by Jasen40; Jan 08, 2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:20 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
@dweeber Try waiting for the fast blink on the RX, then turn on the TX. Also sometimes I have had to hold both sticks down, and make sure my trim were centered.