HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:17 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
904 Posts
Banggood V911 battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
banggood is 3 cents cheaper but most important free shipping!

MyRcMart want $6.82 additional shipping
Hi,
The Banggood V911 battery is out of stock and down the shelf now.It will be on the shelf again on Jan,31th,with a biggest discount.
In order to thanks all the rcgroup member for your support,all the V911 parts will be more lower price.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:24 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The 9958 does not have any problem with swashplate separation.
ok thanks,
i dont know where i read that, if i read that at all LoL.
im honestly having trouble picking between the two, which one would you buy?
im going to purchase one of them tomorrow when i get off work, but im not sure which one.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:39 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,613 Posts
Guess what arrived before dinner. My v911 is here.

Now, here's some solutions to the battery problem:

The Solo Pro skids are a direct fit onto the v911. No mods needed. Of course, it fits Nine Eagles battery or E-Fite/Parkzone type with the proper connector soldered on. The LiPo will slide into the canopy region, just like it does on the Solo Pro.

Now, if you want to have the battery seated the way the stock v911 has it, you can very easily mod the Nine Eagles batteries to do so. It's very simple and quick to do. You cut off the keyed ridge and two corners. Wire cutters, xacto knife does quick work of it. Then the battery will fit into the Solo Pro skids in the same orientation as the stock v911 skids. Just remember to solder the wire to the correct location on the RX board. In this case, since we switch the orientation, the Solo Pro's skid's black wire will go to the positive pad on the RX, while the skid's red wire need to get soldered to the negative pad on the v911's RX.

The Nine Eagles Solo coaxial heli's skids should also fit the v911. (I haven't tried it personally) The skids were designed so the battery is inserted the same way as the v911. Just keep in mind, it has a bend in the leg. So aesthetically, it may or may not be pleasing to you since it changes the "stock" look of the v911.

Lastly, I already modded the v911 skids to accept regular E-Flite/Parkzone type batteries. You know, the popular ultra micro plugs that are used in the Blade mCX, mSR as well as the Xieda 9958. That way, I use the same lipo cells as the rest of my fleet.

I will do a write up on that one and share tomorrow if you guys are interested.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:40 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400 View Post
do both this heli and the 9958 have a issue with the swash coming apart?
i was just about to order the v911, but i cant decide between the v911 and the 9958.
from what i`ve read so far, the v911 doesnt have the tail drift like the 9958 right? but they both have weak swashplates?

before i spend 45 bucks on one or the other, i want to be sure i`ll pick the lesser of the two evils.
Not all V911s have the swashplate separation issue, from what I've read. Mine did but not all.

Check out the video with this link, I think it shows both Helis in action:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1340
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:44 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,613 Posts
Quote:
ok thanks,
i dont know where i read that, if i read that at all LoL.
im honestly having trouble picking between the two, which one would you buy?
im going to purchase one of them tomorrow when i get off work, but im not sure which one.
The mSR has the swashplate separation issue.

On the v911, you can easily replace the swashplate with the Solo Pro version. Then the issue will no longer be an issue.

As far as which one to purchase? Let me get back to you once I fly the v911 a little bit. I haven't had a chance to actually fly it yet. LOL I just put the kids down so I have some time now.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
do both this heli and the 9958 have a issue with the swash coming apart?
i was just about to order the v911, but i cant decide between the v911 and the 9958.
from what i`ve read so far, the v911 doesnt have the tail drift like the 9958 right? but they both have weak swashplates?

before i spend 45 bucks on one or the other, i want to be sure i`ll pick the lesser of the two evils.
Get the Xieda.

A good percentage of the v911 is CA'D together for some strange reason. Mine was anyway.

Most of the consumers on here are just 3ch Guys moving to basic 4ch self stabilising FP and haven't even touched a CP heli', so probably crash therefore seperating the swash.

How anyone can crash one of these is beyond me.

My near 4yrs old Daughter can hover my cb100 and rarely crashes.

By looking at your indoor CP 450 skills I think you'll be fine. :-D lol.

If I could defer time, I would've spent my money on something better.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Last edited by Username>; Jan 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynyte View Post
Yeah. Bottom line, my brand-new V911 from Banggood will not fly backward reliably after the first 60 seconds of use. More often than not, the servo will not trigger. I move the control stick, I can hear a change in frequency pitch from the chopper as if it WANTS to do something, but ... nope. I'm stumped. I don't really feel like sending it back, though.
Good news. It seems to have miraculously resolved itself after a few crashes. I have no clue what the deal was, but I'm a lot happier camper now. Something must have been creating friction and preventing it from moving the swashplate.

OK, now a quick question: Where is the best place to buy stock replacement batteries? I don't feel like doing an upgrade that requires mods.
Flybynyte is offline Find More Posts by Flybynyte
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:09 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
OK, now a quick question: Where is the best place to buy stock replacement batteries? I don't feel like doing an upgrade that requires mods.
Check out this message from Aaron (Banggood). If you are not in a big hurry, this might be worth a look on the 31st.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1576
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Jan 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
How anyone can crash one of these is beyond me.

My near 4yrs old Daughter can hover my cb100 and rarely crashes.
Now there's some of that much-ballyhooed British pomposity!
Flybynyte is offline Find More Posts by Flybynyte
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:16 AM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post

Lastly, I already modded the v911 skids to accept regular E-Flite/Parkzone type batteries. You know, the popular ultra micro plugs that are used in the Blade mCX, mSR as well as the Xieda 9958. That way, I use the same lipo cells as the rest of my fleet.

I will do a write up on that one and share tomorrow if you guys are interested.
Hey Daryoon, I am definitely interested in a write up about this. I already have the MsrX. And my V911 is on the way. It would be great to be able to use the same packs on both helis.
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Now there's some of that much-ballyhooed British pomposity!
There's nothing pompous about it, is there?

If my youngest Daughter can fly a cb100 without crashing and you do, it means YOU'RE entirely incompetent.

I will happily feed you a load of tosh though if that's what you prefer?

Most people in this thread will never, ever advance from this stage and will stagnate.. and that's why I indicated that many people suffer from " swash seperation ".. due to crashing/abuse.

I have a v911 here, and although it was DOA, I can still provide unbiased opinion on its build quality.

The build quality stinks. I wont fanny around trying to pretend that it's great, because it IS NOT.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:35 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
There's nothing pompous about it, is there?

If my youngest Daughter can fly a cb100 without crashing and you do, it means YOU'RE entirely incompetent.

I will happily feed you a load of tosh though if that's what you prefer?

Most people in this thread will never, ever advance from this stage and will stagnate.. and that's why I indicated that many people suffer from " swash seperation ".. due to crashing/abuse.

I have a v911 here, and although it was DOA, I can still provide unbiased opinion on its build quality.

The build quality stinks. I wont fanny around trying to pretend that it's great, because it IS NOT.
There are some other reasons for crashes, besides being a bad/learning pilot. After getting a little more confident in your skills, people often tend to take more risks, and that is usually the moment the most damaging crashes occur. You think you can pull the heli out off that situation, instead of following the proper cause of action, cut throttle. Or you misjudge your flying area, as happened to me when I flew my first plane. It barely survived, and I was on the brink of binning it. Then, after repairs, tried again on a more suitable "airstrip" and all worked out fine after that.

Or your heli didn't come properly trimmed, and shoots off as soon as you throttle up. If I were to give an untrimmed heli to my 5 year old, despite that she has some RC skills already, she will crash. I agree that not everyone flying these helis will fly a big CP sooner or later, some don't have the skill to achieve that, and some simply don't want to, as a CP will often be more complex and taking more effort to keep flying.

Besides, swash seperation can also be a result of a bearing that is not fixed well, and the vibrations during flight nudge it out gradually. On the heli this one is based on, there are rarely any swash problems, but I bet a beginner with a Solo Pro will crash it just as often (or perhaps due to the CoG being more forward even more often) than a beginner with a V911.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:56 AM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Another video. This was more about new firmware for the #16 camera than the V911. The V911 is doing fine I just keep charging the batteries and keep on flying it.

WLToys V911 #16 HD Keycam .18 mov firmware (2 min 3 sec)
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:22 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
Another video. This was more about new firmware for the #16 camera than the V911. The V911 is doing fine I just keep charging the batteries and keep on flying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qZwDvKnA4
Nice flying! Appears to be very stable... can't wait for mine! Are you using the stock tx?
ink124 is offline Find More Posts by ink124
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:25 AM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink124 View Post
Nice flying! Appears to be very stable... can't wait for mine! Are you using the stock tx?
Yep stock tx on low rates.
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard