HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:25 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman77 View Post
The V911 came w/ the servo linkages installed in the outer holes and the swashplate links attached to the long ball arms. Both of these, I assume, are the most responsive settings & probably aren't best for a beginner. Will moving to the inner holes & shorter ball arms affect the response enough to warrant the bother or should I just tough it out & get used to it? The majority of my flying will be indoors.

Jim
Jim, you are correct. But which mode you like is a personal choice. I used to feel that low rate is safer. But I feel the opposite now. Not because that I'm a better pilot, but I feel that the low rate dump down the responses. In tight quarters, when you need to bail out the most, the responses is not available with low rate. So, IMHO, even for beginners, you should use the high rate, and as you said, tough it out. Learn to make small movements in general and not to over correct something. But go 100% when you need to bail! Then quickly go back to smaller stick moments. This is the skill required to fly FBL and CP helicopters - something that I'm learning. You might as well start early.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:45 PM
High Flyer
United Kingdom, Diss
Joined Aug 2011
140 Posts
Hi guys, got one of theese birds for xmass, unfortunately, mine came with a faulty Rx (the crystal is bad I think) as it won't bind, just goes to red after 2 seconds..
The good thing is I got a full refund and they don't even want it back! So I've go a free v911!
So,, I'm now ordering a new rx. Mine is a rev 5, but the one on ebay (I'm in the u.k), is a rev 4.. so I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to tell me if I will experience any problems going with the rev 4 board?
And also, does anyone know the difference between the two?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I've been reading this thread on and off for a few months now and have came accross the rx questions above, but I was hopeing not to have to read through the 1000+ pages again!

Thanks peops..

(P.s I've also already got a few upgrade parts including the bravo sx motor and solo pro 270 swash, but the swash looks diffrent to the v911 one, have I made a mistake with that? Also is the bravo sx tail motor a good upgrade too? As I had a modified solo pro 2 before this (until it flew away! Arrgghh) with bravo sx main and tail motors which made sooo much difference..)

But thanks again..

James.
Back4More is offline Find More Posts by Back4More
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:53 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,796 Posts
Brand new V911s

CCbusa05 is online now Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Last edited by CCbusa05; Jan 07, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:15 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsfancy View Post
Got my v911 today but the rx antenna is missing! So, my question is, what can I solder to the antenna post on the rx to replace the antenna? I know it is a wire, but will any old wire do?
Any wire that isn't shielded. You want it to be around 30mm long.

My V911's antenna appears to be somewhere between 25mm and 30mm long (hard to measure because it's bent and glued in place).
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:16 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More View Post
Hi guys, got one of theese birds for xmass, unfortunately, mine came with a faulty Rx (the crystal is bad I think) as it won't bind, just goes to red after 2 seconds..
The good thing is I got a full refund and they don't even want it back! So I've go a free v911!
So,, I'm now ordering a new rx. Mine is a rev 5, but the one on ebay (I'm in the u.k), is a rev 4.. so I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to tell me if I will experience any problems going with the rev 4 board?
And also, does anyone know the difference between the two?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I've been reading this thread on and off for a few months now and have came accross the rx questions above, but I was hopeing not to have to read through the 1000+ pages again!

Thanks peops..

(P.s I've also already got a few upgrade parts including the bravo sx motor and solo pro 270 swash, but the swash looks diffrent to the v911 one, have I made a mistake with that? Also is the bravo sx tail motor a good upgrade too? As I had a modified solo pro 2 before this (until it flew away! Arrgghh) with bravo sx main and tail motors which made sooo much difference..)

But thanks again..

James.
With the exception of rev 6, the particular sample of which I got had a servo hesitation, all older rev's are good from my experience.

For your information, many sellers use a reference photo for their auctions, so you may end up with a different revision than what is shown.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:26 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
@dferrey Call Amazon direct, they will email you a return label. The hero H911 looks pretty good, also available from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Hero-RC-iRocke...&keywords=h911
That's who I bought mine from on amazon hero rc came packaged great and shipped fast.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Hi guys .dou you know where can i get one servo horn for v911?i stepped on my little heli and broke the horn.
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:55 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Hero H911

Got mine from xheli. The H911 seems to have a wl toys rev 7 board, and everything appears interchangable between wl toys versions (based on my best recollection, since I don't have a wl toys version on hand), and yellow and white clones as well. I did noticed the servo throw of the H911 being wider than that of the y911. Here's a vid of the comparison.

H911 vs Y911 servo throw comparison (low and high rates) (0 min 42 sec)
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:01 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Oh, and here's a vid of my first flights (w/o canopy for quietness). It's like learning to fly all over again.

Hero H911 in the office. (2 min 1 sec)
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:45 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Here my h911 that I got from amazon seller hero rc 2 weeks ago its a rev 7 I have had no problems as of yet.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Any wire that isn't shielded. You want it to be around 30mm long.

My V911's antenna appears to be somewhere between 25mm and 30mm long (hard to measure because it's bent and glued in place).
Thank you very much sir. I will begin the repair.
flightsfancy is offline Find More Posts by flightsfancy
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:49 PM
United States, TX, Wylie
Joined Oct 2003
65 Posts
Just got a turnigy 9x gifted to me by a coworker. I searched the post but can't find recommendations on how to configure it. Anyone have good ideas for settings? Or is it trial and error.
niget2002 is offline Find More Posts by niget2002
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:56 PM
Rotor head
United States, UT, Clinton
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
same same

Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
I'm struggling mightily getting this thing to behave. It simply won't hover in a reasonably stable way. I don't expect complete stillness, but if let it go in the center of a 15x15 room, it will run into a wall within a few seconds. I can control the nose turn but it seems to degrade into what I guess is called TBE. I found some suggestions about the flybar but it hasn't helped. I've attached a picture and am wondering if the swashplate looks right. It isn't level. Any other ideas would also be appreciated. The servos are level in that picture.
I am having the same problems as you. I am working with Halley R us on a solution. I will post back once things are worked out.
MunchMouth is offline Find More Posts by MunchMouth
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:25 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niget2002 View Post
Just got a turnigy 9x gifted to me by a coworker. I searched the post but can't find recommendations on how to configure it. Anyone have good ideas for settings? Or is it trial and error.
I'm waiting on my 9x to arrive in the mail. From the research I've done it looks like the best way to go is load the 9x with er9x firmware, and then load the EEPE file on this page to fly the V911.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:43 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
I'm waiting on my 9x to arrive in the mail. From the research I've done it looks like the best way to go is load the 9x with er9x firmware, and then load the EEPE file on this page to fly the V911.
Makdaddy has some stock setting to play with until you go er.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=ztoon13
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart