HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:17 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,300 Posts
@dferrey Call Amazon direct, they will email you a return label. The hero H911 looks pretty good, also available from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Hero-RC-iRocke...&keywords=h911
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:43 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Hey everyone

This is my first post on this forum. What a wealth of knowledge!
I just bought 2 v911s. New battery style but old battery clip.

My previous flying experience is with a micro twister pro 3ch. Easy to fly and easy to fix. It's "well loved" now hence the upgrade.

Sorry if this has already been covered. I've tried to read as much as possible but this thread is MASSIVE. lol.
One of the new v911 flies really well with minimal trim needed (havnt mechanically trimmed it yet).

The second one won't stop spinning right - clockwise if viewed from above. If i trim the rudder all the way left and hold the stick left I can just get it to stop spinning wildly. No chance of actually turning left tho.
If I trim all the way left, turn the tx of and back on then repeat a few times I can actually get the trim into a useable range and get it to hover for a moment. By that time my battery is flat

Is there any way to fix this? Is it a gyro issue?
I purchased from BG so return isn't going to happen. Should I just get a new bnf and hope for the best this time round?

-Harley
Pilot_Nugg is offline Find More Posts by Pilot_Nugg
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:53 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,627 Posts
Case in point, how inconsistent these samples could be! If someone receives the good sample you had, they'd say that the V911 is the greatest $40 they spent. Unfortunately, if someone else gets the other sample you had, they'd be scratching their head, wondering what they did wrong. Since you got both of them, you know just how widely different they could be.

I'm assuming that you've tried both Tx on both birds? Such rudder inconsistency is not a mechanical matter. It has to be the Rx. Since you just got them, I would contact the seller and complain right away. Perhaps, after they make you jump through a few hoops, pictures, Emails, videos, etc, they might make this right for you. Good luck with your "pursuit of happiness".
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:14 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Thank you HeliPad!! You should change your name to HeliGod. Lol.

Just bound the "bad" heli to the "good" tx and she flew perfectly. So the tx is faulty. That should help with returns/exchange/etc.

So glad to see it fly. Now let's see what I can break haha
Pilot_Nugg is offline Find More Posts by Pilot_Nugg
Last edited by Pilot_Nugg; Jan 07, 2013 at 02:15 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:32 AM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
So I can order the Bravo SX motor from Club Heli for $7.50 but another $5 in shipping for me just isn't worth it. Does anyone know of a cheaper site to order this motor from? No rush for it just want it for when my stock starts to give out.
Btw you people are awesome. I usually don't have to ask questions, just read and search the site!! Can't wait till I'm able to give something back to this site but still pretty new.
chris thielsen is offline Find More Posts by chris thielsen
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:07 AM
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Maybe I do have something to contribute... For those of you with a twitchy servo, I have a servo that acts up but ONLY when I use tx trim, if I set trim back to neutral it goes away. Luckily mine trims out mechanically very well, but I thought I would throw this out there for some of you suffering from a twitchy servo. Hope it helps.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:21 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
What I don't get is: Why are you paying return shipping? Did you not get it with free shipping? Perhaps you didn't get it from where I assume you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
@dferrey Call Amazon direct, they will email you a return label.
Thanks for the suggestion, After chatting with them I will be getting a prepaid return label.

I've already got another v911 on the way from Banggood, I'm thinking maybe also getting Blade SR 120 to get a feel for a different bird. Yeah, I know, it's a lot more but I can get a decent price locally.

In a thread this large, I suspect someone has compared them, I'll search around.

Thanks again for saving me a couple bucks, it helps
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Last edited by dferrey; Jan 07, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:46 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
I took my Lightning Bird to the park yesterday and had a blast. The key is to be very light on the throttle when there are wind gusts. It was so much fun to fly outside. It handled the wind very well in mode 2 with forward trim all the way. I think these newer models are much better suited for flying outside. The blades have a more aggressive shape (more pitch) and the servos seem to have a longer range of motion. Has any one noticed any other differences between this version and earlier versions?
Raul11982 is offline Find More Posts by Raul11982
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:42 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris thielsen View Post
So I can order the Bravo SX motor from Club Heli for $7.50 but another $5 in shipping for me just isn't worth it. Does anyone know of a cheaper site to order this motor from?
Actually, I think you can get it shipped by First Class Mail for $2.75. Club Heli was the best price (including shipping) I could find for a Bravo SX motor.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:53 AM
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Your correct, I didn't continue all the way to checkout just took a quick look. thanks.. I'll go ahead and order this one.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:36 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,370 Posts
Ok, so here we got it - the price for the Helizone V911 on Amazon went up AGAIN!!! Now it is 54.99$!
(like I said, wait another month and it is back to 80...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:40 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Ok, so here we got it - the price for the Helizone V911 on Amazon went up AGAIN!!! Now it is 54.99$!
(like I said, wait another month and it is back to 80...)
I once read something to the effect that prices on Amazon are (or can be) controlled by software that checks competitors prices and adjusts accordingly. That could explain prices jumping around like the stock market.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:48 AM
United States, OH, Centerburg
Joined Dec 2012
52 Posts
New To 4 Channel Flying Adjustments

I just started flying helcopters a little before Christmas w/ a Syma S032. It's nice, but I didn't care for the inability to change out batteries quickly. So, I recently took delivery of a Helizone Lightningbird V911. For now, I've been flying it in fairly close quarters in the basement & things have been interesting to say the least. Fortunately, some of what I learned from flying the S032 has kept crashes to a minimum & those were basically just rollovers.

I bought the V911 especially to fly at a local church gym, but do like the basement flights even if they are a little intense for a beginner. The V911 came w/ the servo linkages installed in the outer holes and the swashplate links attached to the long ball arms. Both of these, I assume, are the most responsive settings & probably aren't best for a beginner. Will moving to the inner holes & shorter ball arms affect the response enough to warrant the bother or should I just tough it out & get used to it? The majority of my flying will be indoors.

Jim
bluesman77 is offline Find More Posts by bluesman77
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:35 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman77 View Post
I just started flying helcopters a little before Christmas w/ a Syma S032. It's nice, but I didn't care for the inability to change out batteries quickly. So, I recently took delivery of a Helizone Lightningbird V911. For now, I've been flying it in fairly close quarters in the basement & things have been interesting to say the least. Fortunately, some of what I learned from flying the S032 has kept crashes to a minimum & those were basically just rollovers.

I bought the V911 especially to fly at a local church gym, but do like the basement flights even if they are a little intense for a beginner. The V911 came w/ the servo linkages installed in the outer holes and the swashplate links attached to the long ball arms. Both of these, I assume, are the most responsive settings & probably aren't best for a beginner. Will moving to the inner holes & shorter ball arms affect the response enough to warrant the bother or should I just tough it out & get used to it? The majority of my flying will be indoors.

Jim
My 2 cents. The low rate/high rate selection on the tx should give you enough variability to get used to this heli. First thing is to mechanically trim it with neutral tx trim settings.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:52 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
RC KA 52 Helicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Maybe you could bend the blades more to add more lift. Clamp to a rod or something and bend.Only cost a dollar to try. I seen a mod to use a second set of altered blades as a fly bar as well for faster FFF. it's linked somewhere in 1000 pages.
please my KA 52 will not lift off the blades spin and she will not go up any ideas please
jettweedie is offline Find More Posts by jettweedie