HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:26 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Having fun getting the hang of the hero rc h911 I can get it to hover easily indoors but have yet to use to outdoors yet because its been raining and windy.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:58 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Having fun getting the hang of the hero rc h911 I can get it to hover easily indoors but have yet to use to outdoors yet because its been raining and windy.
Hey David,

Do you know what revision the board of the h911 is? and do they come with the new style batts?
Dstreelm is offline Find More Posts by Dstreelm
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:00 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1110 View Post
Received my V911 today 7/1...ordered on 22/12....not too bad.
Package well taped up although rattled a bit...turned out to be a battery loose on the inside...everything else looked safe.
Charged up batteries....only took about 10 mins...they must come with a charge already.
Checked over the V911.....swash plate was eye-of-faith level....the linkages all seemed fine and not binding. I was a bit concerned about the range of up/down movement of the swash. I was taken by how fragile and light the bird was....delicate for my toe-like thumbs..lol.
Followed instructions and bound to stock tx at first attempt.
Slow idle..then up to about 4ft hover...amazed at how little trim was required. Tail in then nose in hover all ok. Power dropped at about 3 mins....?new battery.
Second battery lasted the same...but completed circuits of living room unscathed.
Low setting on tx and long swash balls used....yaw is rapid and requires gentle touch...
Overall....very pleasantly surprised....a happy flier...will be great for practicing nose in when it's too windy outside...(most of the time!!) just thought I'd share to positive experience....great thread.....
You're going to love the v911 like many of us here do. The v911 is the most durable micro I have. If you cut throttle before crashing, the light weight combined with the flexible plastic absorbs a lot of impact rather than transmitting it to other components. If you do break anything it will probably be the skids (from a sideways hit) and the flybar (clipping something under power).

Sometimes the batteries take up to 6 cycles to condition. It's important not to run them too low.

If you really want to experience fast yaw, flip it onto high rates!

I have owned three different models but currently have, and thoroughly enjoy, the yellow y911.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
That is a sweet machine! Congrats!

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:10 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
My first 911 is still going strong. Still fly & hover perfectly after several parts replacement ; tail motor, landing skid & flybar.

At this rate, I'm not sure when will I use the rest 3 BNF I ordered ..

BTW what is the benefit of using turnigy 9x over stock tx if I only use this 911 ? better control ?
That's like asking what's the difference between a school bus and Ferrari. Both will get you were you want to go but there is a difference. I can fly my birds with my stock 911 transmitter but I don't. My advice is buy a 9x if you want to fly planes also or look at a 9116TX from Hobby Partz if you just fly 911's. I don't have a 9116 but most people have said good things about them on this thread and their only about 12$ shipped if you live in the US. Like I told another member you'll have to learn basic programing if you step up. As for me I have a 9x with er programing and I will not buy a cheap heli or quad unless it is compatable. As far as going CP I will probably have to break down and live with the best heli transmitter combo I can afford as none are compable that I know of. That said if you don't have a 9x you don't know the difference so enjoy what you have for now.
As far as spare BNF's go I have 4 birds total with different mods and I enjoy flying them all. Plus you can let one cool while you fly another. Happy flying
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Last edited by Stevez1kart; Jan 06, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:20 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_mofo View Post
I have 2 v911, with 2 stock transmitters. Can I bind both to the same transmitter? How? (regular procedure doesn't work to bind with the other transmitter).

On a similar note, if I buy bnf 911 will it bind easily with my old 911 transmitter? What about with a dx6i??
You can bind both with the same tx, even at the same time if that's what you want. Insert battery first, then turn on tx.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:38 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart View Post
That's like asking what's the difference between a school bus and Ferrari. Both will get you were you want to go but there is a difference.
Could you elaborate? What is better about the upgraded tx, e.g. better control?
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:52 PM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
I found out NEW bird in TAOBAO.

I found out new product "HUANQI 868" at TAOBAO.

see my page.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23736351
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:59 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,625 Posts
Benefits of 9x: Where do I begin?

The 9x is a full size programmable radio with a real antenna (range). The control sticks have really good feel, tension, reaction, and definition. Each of the channel can be customized. So you could make it more/less sensitive. You could set the limits to be higher/lower. You could set the curve, or how quickly you go from one limit to another. You could reverse the channels, in case that the channels on a Rx is reversed. You could assign switches for quick change of programming. You could make a separate model for each of the helicopter you fly. You could use it to fly simulator. You could add a module to fly other protocol (e.g. DSM). There is built-in timer/alarm function for every situation. If I'm not mistaken, everything I've mention is not available on the stock radio. And I've probably left out a bunch of detail functions.

In short, you could customize and fine tune how you helicopter should react to your personal flying style with a programmable radio. If you consider the potential of what a 9x could do, you would understand why owners feel that is such a good investment.

The analogy that I would use for a stock radio and a 9x, would be a simple calculator versus and programmable calculator. The simple calculator gives you the very basic functions. The programmable calculator can do all the basics plus it gives you all the versatility to solve complex problems, turning a difficult problem into a simple solution. But you need to learn how to program the calculator. Otherwise, you won't be able to use its full potential.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:18 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Thanks Heli Pad for that. I've read a bunch, but not all, the 9xR thread and never did find a concise description of why I would want one. To be fair, maybe it was in the original thread about the 9x.

Hopefully, by the time I'm ready the 9xR will be readily available and any bugs/kinks/issues will be worked out.
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:21 AM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Waldo, smooth stick movement is the first thing you notice and maybe the most important. Second it fits in a adults hands and you know it's not a cheap toy. Also, programable rates and expo. Dual rates and expo with the stock programing on each axis, one switch for each. Timer. Subtrim. Throttle cut. Programable throttle curve. 8 model memory.

With er9x programing (it can be a pain to set up but well worth it) you can set it up to do just about anything. I have mine set up for triple rates, a alieron and rudder reduction switch on each rate, throttle cut, two throttle curves, timer only runs when throttle is up, up to 16 model memory, a forward trim switch for flying outside, and different model memorys for different 911's although I'm trying to get them all on one to save memory for my planes. Also forgot to mention even with stock 9x you can set one or two pots (dials) for trim. I have one pot for aileron and one for rudder along with the trim buttons. I've also added a backlight and a life battery that probably runs about 8 hours on a charge. I probably left something out but you get the idea.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:24 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
I've decided to return my Lightning Bird. I never was able to get rid of the serious TBE issue. I'm still deciding should I go for a replacement or try a different v911 "style". From reading reviews many aren't having the issues I had while a few have. I just don't think I should need to tear down, rebuild, test, rebuild, try this try that to get it to behave, with a new product. Maybe my expectations are too high.

It will cost me either way. I can get a replacement, but I pay return shipping or I can return for a refund and I pay return shipping (although 40% less).

I really appreciate everyone's help and suggestions. You've all taught me a lot, an education I will be sure to use as I continue with this nice hobby. Hopefully, I'll be able to give back down the road.
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:26 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
You can bind both with the same tx, even at the same time if that's what you want. Insert battery first, then turn on tx.
... before the red LED slows down to show that the gyro has initialised
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:26 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstreelm View Post
Hey David,

Do you know what revision the board of the h911 is? and do they come with the new style batts?
This has the new style but not the 200mah it has the 180mah white plugs as for the revision I haven't taken off the canopy yet.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Last edited by ITS ME DAVID; Jan 07, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:31 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,625 Posts
Dferrey, I totally agree with you. If the quality is not consistent and you paid as much as the next person, why should you have to fuss with a new unit to get it fly right? I would return mine in a heartbeat.

What I don't get is: Why are you paying return shipping? Did you not get it with free shipping? Perhaps you didn't get it from where I assume you did.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:37 AM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The 9x is a full size programmable radio with a real antenna (range). The control sticks have really good feel, tension, reaction, and definition. Each of the channel can be customized. So you could make it more/less sensitive. You could set the limits to be higher/lower. You could set the curve, or how quickly you go from one limit to another. You could reverse the channels, in case that the channels on a Rx is reversed. You could assign switches for quick change of programming. You could make a separate model for each of the helicopter you fly. You could use it to fly simulator. You could add a module to fly other protocol (e.g. DSM). There is built-in timer/alarm function for every situation.
Great explanation, thanks.
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000