HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
How is the TREX 100X when compared to the V911? I have a chance to get a 100X super combo for a really good deal, but was wondering if any parts or even the controller would work for a V911?
tominjax is offline Find More Posts by tominjax
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
I went for a fly again this morning, This time at a very large open park.

I was in mode 1 & 2 with the turn buckles at the aggressive setting/squash plate set not aggressive. It was quite challenging battling the wind (9mph winds)

I then put the squash plates at the most aggressive setting & by doing that I was able to fight the wind no problem. I left it in mode 1 because the tail is just to fast for me, It was tons of fun! The wind does some interesting things to this heli, You really need to be able to control the blade speed because at any given time the wind will pick up the heli into the air, So to keep it at the height you like you need to be able to compensate by decreasing blade speed.

I was flying 15-30 ft today any lower the heli would be too low to the ground coming back, Was it a challenge? Not really because I was in a huge open field so I didn't have to worry about trees or buildings. I wouldn't attempt going that high in front of my house though
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:09 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Gord, I am referring to these 3 pieces links as part of the V911 head.

I'm calling the small, asymmetrical piece on the left hand side in this picture as the "mixing arm". The other two in the picture are linkages. Would you concur? Of course, when they are properly installed. The left piece is the middle part connecting the other two linkages.

Some other members have suggested that the piece in the middle of the above picture is the mixing arm. But I don't think so. To me, that is the lower linkage. It's hard to carry a conversation or discussion if we couldn't agree upon which part is which.
I concur. (Belated Happy New Year HP).

And, for the information of all of the new v911 owners having stability issues, ime these can contribute to the cause. Sometimes crash damage is not obvious.

The mixer arm can develop a hairline crack near the pivot point that can mess up your hover. And it is very important to install with the longer side toward the flybar!

And I have found that the upper link, connected to the flybar, can get sloppy after being knocked off a few too many times, and also contribute to instability.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:18 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I concur. (Belated Happy New Year HP).

And, for the information of all of the new v911 owners having stability issues, ime these can contribute to the cause. Sometimes crash damage is not obvious.

The mixer arm can develop a hairline crack near the pivot point that can mess up your hover. And it is very important to install with the longer side toward the flybar!

And I have found that the upper link, connected to the flybar, can get sloppy after being knocked off a few too many times, and also contribute to instability.

regards . . . g
The heli flies fine with one or both mixer arms flipped, meaning have the longer arm towards the swash. The effect is even tamer than low rate, but could alleviate the shudders in birds that have this issue.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:30 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
The heli flies fine with one or both mixer arms flipped, meaning have the longer arm towards the swash. The effect is even tamer than low rate, but could alleviate the shudders in birds that have this issue.
Very interesting. I based my statement on an incident where a friend of mine put his on backwards and his heli was unflyable. Putting them on correctly fixed it right up.

I have not tested this further . . . good to know. Thanks for the correction.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:41 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Check out the MJX-F45. (Also known as F-645)
Thanks ill look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Finally completed my review of V912!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803090

Now I can go to bed.
checking it out now thanks.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:28 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax View Post
How is the TREX 100X when compared to the V911? I have a chance to get a 100X super combo for a really good deal, but was wondering if any parts or even the controller would work for a V911?
The 100X is super smooth and much more docile than the V911. It is also more fragile and a lot more expensive to repair! The TX of the 100X and V911 are compatible. The batteries are not.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
I have 2 v911, with 2 stock transmitters. Can I bind both to the same transmitter? How? (regular procedure doesn't work to bind with the other transmitter).

On a similar note, if I buy bnf 911 will it bind easily with my old 911 transmitter? What about with a dx6i??
bad_mofo is offline Find More Posts by bad_mofo
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_mofo View Post
I have 2 v911, with 2 stock transmitters. Can I bind both to the same transmitter? How? (regular procedure doesn't work to bind with the other transmitter).
Er... it *should* bind. Which v911s do you have? The yellow/white ones? Or the black, red, blue ones? I don't think it matters for the stock TX but I think you just turn on the heli, wait until it starts flashing, and THEN turn on the transmitter to bind.

Quote:
On a similar note, if I buy bnf 911 will it bind easily with my old 911 transmitter?
Yes.

Quote:
What about with a dx6i??
No. None of the EFlite/Blade/Spektrum products work with the V911. If you want a better transmitter, look for the DH 9116 or FS-TH9X transmitter at HobbyPartz.com or the Turnigy 9x at HobbyKing.com
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:11 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominjax View Post
Actually took a little more skill for me to fly the 100x. I wouldn't call it more "docile". The Tx does not have dual rates, but the v911 Tx will bind with the 100x and vise versa. The Trex Tx does, however, charge a battery in a little slot in the Tx, which was really cool and convenient. I had the version with flybar paddles, and the flybar below the mains. I believe later versions dropped the paddles for weights, and I think they put the flybar above the mains, but not sure on that. It also breaks a lot easier, and as mentioned, is a little more expensive to repair. The actual cost of the RTF version is more than double that of the V911, and really not worth it in my opinion.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,718 Posts
By docile, I mean that the throttle response is much less pronounced. Mine may just have its motor wearing out, but I can hit the ceiling with the V911 if I peg the throttle. The 100X is much slower in that regard and I have plenty of time to slow it down if I do full throttle from the ground. Also, the cyclic authority of the 100X is far less than the V911. I can fly the V911 in the wind that the 100X cannot handle.

That being said, it's probably my smoothest flier and one that's really nice to fly indoors in a gym especially though it's very good for smaller rooms. The stock TX is really a pain. No dual rates and it automatically inserts an aileron signal on takeoff (low throttle) so you can't spin up slowly without the heli wanting to topple over. You have to pop in the air. That being said, the 100X on the T9x is great.

But yeah, the cost is pretty prohibitive compared to the V911!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:47 PM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
any battery works fine with the bravo sx main motor.
Nice... thank you.
chris thielsen is offline Find More Posts by chris thielsen
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:21 PM
Joined Dec 2012
60 Posts
My first 911 is still going strong. Still fly & hover perfectly after several parts replacement ; tail motor, landing skid & flybar.

At this rate, I'm not sure when will I use the rest 3 BNF I ordered ..

BTW what is the benefit of using turnigy 9x over stock tx if I only use this 911 ? better control ?
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:38 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
My first 911 is still going strong. Still fly & hover perfectly after several parts replacement ; tail motor, landing skid & flybar.

At this rate, I'm not sure when will I use the rest 3 BNF I ordered ..

BTW what is the benefit of using turnigy 9x over stock tx if I only use this 911 ? better control ?
I ordered a yellow BNF on 12-30,and it is set to be delivered tomorrow.
My 5x batteries shipment has not been delivered,and that order was placed 35 days ago. Amazing how somethings take forever and somethings come on the back of a rocket.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:26 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Initial Thoughts

Received my V911 today 7/1...ordered on 22/12....not too bad.
Package well taped up although rattled a bit...turned out to be a battery loose on the inside...everything else looked safe.
Charged up batteries....only took about 10 mins...they must come with a charge already.
Checked over the V911.....swash plate was eye-of-faith level....the linkages all seemed fine and not binding. I was a bit concerned about the range of up/down movement of the swash. I was taken by how fragile and light the bird was....delicate for my toe-like thumbs..lol.
Followed instructions and bound to stock tx at first attempt.
Slow idle..then up to about 4ft hover...amazed at how little trim was required. Tail in then nose in hover all ok. Power dropped at about 3 mins....?new battery.
Second battery lasted the same...but completed circuits of living room unscathed.
Low setting on tx and long swash balls used....yaw is rapid and requires gentle touch...
Overall....very pleasantly surprised....a happy flier...will be great for practicing nose in when it's too windy outside...(most of the time!!) just thought I'd share to positive experience....great thread.....
Dman1110 is offline Find More Posts by Dman1110