HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:41 PM
V911 Heli Owner
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Now I have 8 200mah batteries and one 120mah.

Out of the blue Halley R Us sent me 3 additional batteries (nothing in the envelope other than the batteries)... Might be in response to my updating my Amazon review when they clarified that I had 200mah batteries in the V911 I got originally.

2 - 200mah
1 - 120mah (assumption as it is about 1.5" long).

So Now I have 8 200mah batteries and 1 120mah... Assuming the 120mah works, I will be able to see the difference between the two sizes in my V911.

All of them together. I think the LK16 LK17 is a date code.

Should have my BNF extra V911 sometime this coming week... to use them all in. Little hesitant to just run a bunch of consecutive batteries through one unit at a time. Tail Rotor Motor possible issues.
dweeber is offline Find More Posts by dweeber
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:30 PM
United States, VA, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2012
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
So this rev 7 board is a new battery version? Where from? Photo would be nice too. Thanks.

This came in from Banggoods yesterday with a date of 8-25-12. I'm not sure if this is the most recent version or not. Does anyone have anything more recent? My other v911 is a new battery version as well; however it has a date of 5-29-12. I can tell a huge difference in performance. The most recent one is a lot less forgiving when it comes to flybar corrections. I crash a lot more... haha
attachmentid=5424226&stc=1[/url]
dizzyjw is offline Find More Posts by dizzyjw
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:41 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeber View Post
Now I have 8 200mah batteries and one 120mah.

Out of the blue Halley R Us sent me 3 additional batteries (nothing in the envelope other than the batteries)... Might be in response to my updating my Amazon review when they clarified that I had 200mah batteries in the V911 I got originally.

2 - 200mah
1 - 120mah (assumption as it is about 1.5" long).

So Now I have 8 200mah batteries and 1 120mah... Assuming the 120mah works, I will be able to see the difference between the two sizes in my V911.

All of them together. I think the LK16 LK17 is a date code.

Should have my BNF extra V911 sometime this coming week... to use them all in. Little hesitant to just run a bunch of consecutive batteries through one unit at a time. Tail Rotor Motor possible issues.
this was mentioned in several posts already - some people say the code stands for:
L - the year ... L is the 12th letter of the alphabet, so 2012
K - the month ... K is the 11th letter of the alphabet, so NOVEMBER
and then they just put the day as a number.
Makes sense, but I dont think anybody can really confirm this beyond the last shred of doubt ...

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:43 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjw View Post
This came in from Banggoods yesterday with a date of 8-25-12. I'm not sure if this is the most recent version or not. Does anyone have anything more recent? My other v911 is a new battery version as well; however it has a date of 5-29-12. I can tell a huge difference in performance. The most recent one is a lot less forgiving when it comes to flybar corrections. I crash a lot more... haha
They reduce the flybar weight on my last v911 old plug. The old was 6 mm (5/16) , the new one is only 3.5 mm long. My last v911 is a lot less forgiving. I put 5 turns of electrical tape around the end of the fly bar to compensate the loss of weight for flying in my living room.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjw View Post
Not sure If it's the latest board or not. But mine says rev 07 & comes standard in the 200mah version.

I also thought I had tbe but then I slowly loosened the flybar & it went away
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:42 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
flew the v911 in 7 Mph today & here are some of my thoughts
-Mode 1 would barely be able to go against the wind
-Mode 2 was better
-Mode 2 with the arms on the outer side of the servo flew Great against the wind

Going against the wind was easy it was coming back that was the problem, You would have to throttle up coming back or the wind would push the heli to the ground, however I think I would of been better off flying the heli higher. My yard isn't very big so I was only about 8-10 feet up. I'm sure it would have been easier coming back had I was flying higher
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:52 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,170 Posts
Typically, the wind is stronger in higher altitude. And it is easy to lose the helicopter over trees and structures. At least that has been my experience. Hope you have tons of outdoor fun with this heli.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:02 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Typically, the wind is stronger in higher altitude. And it is easy to lose the helicopter over trees and structures. At least that has been my experience. Hope you have tons of outdoor fun with this heli.
I bought a anemometer and have found the wind speeds around my house at ground level to be about 1/2 or less than what local weather reports are. Fly high, bye bye!
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Last edited by Stevez1kart; Jan 05, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:12 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
I understand that, That's why I wasn't willing to fly it much higher. I do have a very large park about a mile away from my house though, I will probably give it a go maybe next week
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:21 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Flying outdoors with enough space and a little extra forward tirm can be a real gas. If you haven't tried it you should.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:02 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
Can you explain what you mean by centered? Normally (I just looked now), after landing and turning off to transmitter, the outer part of arms (the end with the 2 holes) are both slightly lower then the end with the screw.
Can't say as most of the time as soon as it lifts off I'm trying to get control. Next time (maybe not until late tonight or tomorrow) I'll check it out.
What is the servo horn?
The servo horn is the white plastic pieces, that the link with the metal bar is attached to.Basically it should me in the middle when it is ready to fly.Before your next flight, use the right stick forward,reverse,left, and right. watch how the servo responds.Each should move up and down smoothly.You might also consider returning since you just bought it. Can you take the canopy off and post pictures of both sides,with helicopter powered on ready for flight.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:33 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
I've been trying to solve a problem with no success. My V911 hovers well but flies off at an angle on forward stick. Can't get it to go nose forward, it sort flies forward at 30 degrees. Any suggestions? I hovers great, so trim doesn't seem to be the issue. Maybe the tail motor is getting weak. It has over 20 hours on it.
75 Bravo is offline Find More Posts by 75 Bravo
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:35 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Anyone know where to get tail motor wire? I stripped off some of the insulation by mistake.
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:29 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,170 Posts
Quote:

The middle piece, with a longer and a shorter arm is the mixing arm. It's mixing, because it is a lever. Movements are mixed rather than a 1:1 ratio.
Okay, I have consulted with people, and I have researched and double checked. I'm sticking with my explanation. The middle asymmetrical piece is the mixing arm. The other two are linkages. Actually, if you google mixing arm, you will find a number of examples in the same general shape. Some have several holes on the arm, so that you could change the "mix".
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:40 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 Bravo View Post
I've been trying to solve a problem with no success. My V911 hovers well but flies off at an angle on forward stick. Can't get it to go nose forward, it sort flies forward at 30 degrees. Any suggestions? I hovers great, so trim doesn't seem to be the issue. Maybe the tail motor is getting weak. It has over 20 hours on it.
Mine does this too. I think many FP birds do. Some have added a mix to their radios, but I compensate by hand. I can add just the needed amount of aileron better than the radio can with a set mix.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72