HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:44 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
On a FP the swash will not be level.Have look at the mixing arm(center of the links), if it rubs the blades in any way, the helicopter will not hover in one spot.
Is the mixing arm the one at the bottom of this picture?

Sorry, I'm just not up to speed yet on the terminology. The manual isn't a lot of help and I'm pretty sure mine has the mainshaft (8) and the swashplate (7) reversed

The good news is I'm rapidly improving my skills with the sticks, what with trying to keep it steady and all
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:53 PM
gulf coast,south louisiana
Joined Jun 2008
1,175 Posts
my wl v911 blades are stamped b1 computer board says rev.01 date 2012.05.29

is this a good version?
igotit is offline Find More Posts by igotit
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:53 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
I'm struggling mightily getting this thing to behave. It simply won't hover in a reasonably stable way. I don't expect complete stillness, but if let it go in the center of a 15x15 room, it will run into a wall within a few seconds. I can control the nose turn but it seems to degrade into what I guess is called TBE. I found some suggestions about the flybar but it hasn't helped. I've attached a picture and am wondering if the swashplate looks right. It isn't level. Any other ideas would also be appreciated. The servos are level in that picture.
Make sure the links aren't pushed on to far.
After a midair, one of mine controlling the flybar got pushed on to far and bound up the movement.
Pop them all off and back on and make sure you hear one click.
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Last edited by GiantScale; Jan 05, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:56 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Quote:
I'm struggling mightily getting this thing to behave. It simply won't hover in a reasonably stable way. I don't expect complete stillness, but if let it go in the center of a 15x15 room, it will run into a wall within a few seconds. I can control the nose turn but it seems to degrade into what I guess is called TBE. I found some suggestions about the flybar but it hasn't helped. I've attached a picture and am wondering if the swashplate looks right. It isn't level. Any other ideas would also be appreciated. The servos are level in that picture.
Everybody, take a look at the mixing arm, it is not a regular 911 mixing arm , there is an angle on the middle. The crook mixing arms of my Walkera and my F45 are reversed to what I see on the picture. Could be the problem.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:04 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Everybody, take a look at the mixing arm, it is not a regular 911 mixing arm , there is an angle on the middle. The crook mixing arms of my Walkera and my F45 are reversed to what I see on the picture. Could be the problem.
The crookedness of the mixer arm on the heli could be an optical illusion. The photo of the arm with the other links in his later photos shows no angle.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:23 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
What piece is the mixing arm? The picture of the 3 pieces on white background above are just from googling V911 linkage and picking the ones that looked pretty much like mine. I've updated the picture and put a circle around what may be perceived as crooked. In real life it's straight.
Last edited by dferrey; Jan 05, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:26 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
What piece is the mixing arm? The picture of the 3 pieces on white background above are just from googling V911 linkage and picking the ones that looked pretty much like mine.
The mixer arm is the bottom one in the photo. The one with two balls that transfer movements of the swashplate and fly bar to the blades. Thus the name.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:28 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Quote:
What piece is the mixing arm? The picture of the 3 pieces on white background above are just from googling V911 linkage and picking the ones that looked pretty much like mine.
The mixing arm is locked to the blade by 1/4 of a turn. It is the shorter on the last picture. On all my 911 the mixing arm is strait.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:38 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,813 Posts
Most of these helicopters with Flybar (FB) has linkages. There are linkages from the swash to the blade/FB (depends on the design) and then there are linkages between the blades and the FB. Sometimes the linkages would be the same. But other times, these linkages would be different, as in the case of the V911. One linkage has one rod between the rings. One linkage has two rods between the rings.

The middle piece, with a longer and a shorter arm is the mixing arm. It's mixing, because it is a lever. Movements are mixed rather than a 1:1 ratio.

DFerrey. I've been reading these posts of suggestions to you. The photo helped but I wish it was clear and sharper. Try again with the MACRO mode on.

But if I were you, I would check for Swash Separation. It seems to me in the blurry photo that the swash plate might begin to separate. Press them back together. Check also in each linkage, that the ring part is ON the ball part, that it does not go pass the ball and sits on the arm to the ball. So that all the moving parts move freely with no binding. Try these. They may not solve your problem, but worth checking them anyways.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Jan 06, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:18 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,020 Posts
As others said the mixing arm is the one on the bottom.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Thanks Heli Pad - I'll try to get better pictures. The linkages don't appear to be pushed past the balls. I also used a needle nose to press the two parts of the plate together. There is still a slight separation. I didn't want to press too hard on them.

I didn't see any change.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:34 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,020 Posts
@Dferrey. Are servo arms centered? Does the issue happen after some right stick input or right from the begging using just throttle? You also try removing the servo horn and inspect the servo gear.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:51 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryka View Post
I might just order a Syma 107G for inside, since flying my kids' slow coaxials around the living room is more relaxing than the V911, but I'm definitely keeping this guy for outside or larger indoor rooms.
Exactly what I did! Bought a Syma 107g coaxial and a 108g (military series - Marine Cobra). Quality and durability of these little 3-CH wonders are unsurpassed! For indoors fun, out of the sun, the hover stability and maneuverability will surprise you. 20 flights on each and no issues. I know, this all should be over on the coaxial forum, but you did mention it!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:52 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,813 Posts
@Dferrey, Sorry that didn't do it for you. Hope you find the real issue soon.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Jan 06, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
@Dferrey. Are servo arms centered?
Can you explain what you mean by centered? Normally (I just looked now), after landing and turning off to transmitter, the outer part of arms (the end with the 2 holes) are both slightly lower then the end with the screw.
Quote:
Does the issue happen after some right stick input or right from the begging using just throttle?
Can't say as most of the time as soon as it lifts off I'm trying to get control. Next time (maybe not until late tonight or tomorrow) I'll check it out.
Quote:
You also try removing the servo horn and inspect the servo gear.
What is the servo horn?
Last edited by dferrey; Jan 05, 2013 at 03:27 PM.