HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:36 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,624 Posts
Mulder_, yes I did. Good job. Not a problem for me. I was talking more on a general sense for the other v911 owner who aren't good with soldering or modding in general.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:39 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,624 Posts
mulde_: just saw your question. I hacked up a serial2usb adapter to get that info out of my Accucel6 charger.

Glad you figured out how to do it with yours. Please share your findings. I am curious.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
That is a nice battery topic for sure! With the graphics and everything! Well done!

To be honest it's been a while I'm not in the market for 1S batteries, didn't know there was a "normal" Turnigy 160mAh that has better results than the "super" Nano-Tech version. I guess Nano-Tech is really just marketing then...shame! But never mind, the difference is not that big, they are really cheap, felt better than Nine Eagles original ones and I prefer to have 5 Nano-Techs (or Turnigy) than 1 Hyperion for about the same price.

What really interest me is the 9X programming, but with Mulder help and a bit of time and patience I guess I can figure it out. : )
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:42 PM
Québec!
Canada, QC, Longueuil
Joined Jul 2011
137 Posts
i can't wait to break something :P i want to try my spares from the Solo pro. especially skids, for the battery
alxlab is offline Find More Posts by alxlab
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Only after I turned-off the TX, put a battery in heli, turned-on TX... It re-set itself.. and the Tail motor spun-up again! I was happy! Happened 2wice so far.

I think turning-on the TX with the sticks moved from Zero.... screws-up the Heli until a reset, so I leave both somewhat stationary during the bind sequence... and it's been Fine.
Luckily I saw this and tried it before putting in a new tail motor. Works again. Thanks.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:05 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxlab View Post
i can't wait to break something :P i want to try my spares from the Solo pro. especially skids, for the battery
I think the skids would be the last part to fail in a crash ... they are very flexible and seem indestructible.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:24 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Almost back in the saddle...

The postman finally arrived with one of many parts packages for my ailing V911. I can't believe I panicked so badly when I first screwed up and mistakenly went wild with the glue. All in an attempt to fix my easily separated Swash Plate. Well I ordered swash plates from about 4 different vendors and 3 different types. Also needed a few replacement buckles and ordered those from about 3 different vendors.
Today the metal kit arrived, and thank God, also some buckles. I had bad dreams about a replacement swashplate arriving but not having any replacement buckles to test it.
Installed just the metal swash and 2 new buckles and rushed to get it into the air. It wasn't pretty but most of it could be attributed to poor piloting and poor trimming. After many failed attempts and having the wife leave the room for her own safety, I was able to keep it airborne.... long enough to see some TBE. OK, I was just happy to sort of being able to fly it. A little lube and light sanding, some trimming and it was a bit better but I feel I can get it stable with some more work. Batteries recharging now.
Here's a few pics of the new swashplate.

Here's the kit I ordered... surprisingly, it came with the correct buckles (not the ones pictured [o-buckles not banana buckles]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110781034352...84.m1439.l2649
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:50 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
Looks good ken, glad to see you back in the sky!
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Did you weight the new parts to see how much more they weight. They just look heavy compared to the stock parts.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Did you weight the new parts to see how much more they weight. They just look heavy compared to the stock parts.
No, I didn't weight them. I don't have a suitable balance to do so. Several days back in this forum someone else installed the entire Metal Kit and thought it was a bit too heavy. I think he told the weight difference... he installed the entire metal head if I'm not mistaken. My plan was always to just start with the metal swash, get it air worthy then move on from there.

One thing I don't recall is the wide and forceful turns it is making.. not sure what is going on there. Just using Yaw this baby will turn wider then I recall and even accelerate while doing so. This has resulted in a few crashes.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
One thing I don't recall is the wide and forceful turns it is making.. not sure what is going on there. Just using Yaw this baby will turn wider then I recall and even accelerate while doing so. This has resulted in a few crashes.
I'm sure you must be talking about CW yaw turns, which seems to be the direction where it turns wider by design. My stock V911 does that too, when yawed slowly nose right. I think it does this only with CW yaw due to the blades and mass also rotating CW. If you do just yaw to the left (CCW), it turns much differently.

I'm wondering if the added rotating mass is making yours turn even wider with just yaw input? These little helis are very sensitive to any changes.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:24 PM
Québec!
Canada, QC, Longueuil
Joined Jul 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I think the skids would be the last part to fail in a crash ... they are very flexible and seem indestructible.
i have plenty solopro lipos i want to share with the v911
alxlab is offline Find More Posts by alxlab
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:46 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
do both this heli and the 9958 have a issue with the swash coming apart?
i was just about to order the v911, but i cant decide between the v911 and the 9958.
from what i`ve read so far, the v911 doesnt have the tail drift like the 9958 right? but they both have weak swashplates?

before i spend 45 bucks on one or the other, i want to be sure i`ll pick the lesser of the two evils.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
I recommend this accessory

For those of you who are new to the RC Heli world and new to lipo batteries, you may also be a little worried about these Lipo batteries. I'm sure they are safe but there is that possibility, however slight, that if you leave it on the charger too long and the charger doesn't shut off when it should and overcharges a battery it could catch fire.

I found and purchased one of these Woods Countdown timer outlet. You plug your battery charger into this device and select one of the 5 options (Hold, 1 hour, 2 hour, 4 hour or 8 hour) and the timer will shut off the current to anything plugged in to it. I know the first couple weeks, on several occasions, I left a battery/Heli charging and left the house with it unattended. Worried me the entire time until I would return home to unplug it. With this timer it just provides another level of comfort in the event I leave home while a battery is charging. I just set mine for 1 hour and know that the current will be shut off after 1 hour whether I'm home or not.

Thought some of you might be interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Woods-Digital-.../dp/B001DD7YSE
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:13 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400 View Post
do both this heli and the 9958 have a issue with the swash coming apart?
i was just about to order the v911, but i cant decide between the v911 and the 9958.
from what i`ve read so far, the v911 doesnt have the tail drift like the 9958 right? but they both have weak swashplates?

before i spend 45 bucks on one or the other, i want to be sure i`ll pick the lesser of the two evils.
The 9958 does not have any problem with swashplate separation.