HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:47 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstreelm View Post

And I've been really tempted to pull the trigger on a V912 from Helipal:

if the v911 is any indication the 912 would be an incredible deal at only 66 bucks.

dont forget that helipal charges shipping! - so you can prolly easily add another 30$ for shipping to that ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:00 AM
Joined Dec 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Usually there is enough slop in the system to cope with a small alignment issue in the swash. Beware that inside a room the blades move air which causes turbulence. If the heli hovers fine in a bigger area, but only misbehaves in the living room, you might have the cause. Is the drifting constantly to one direction, or random?
One direction. That's why I tend to think the problem may be with the swashplate: I need to make sure but I think that the angle between the two plastic parts remains in the same direction... but that means that trimming should fix the issue.
lalelilo is offline Find More Posts by lalelilo
Last edited by lalelilo; Jan 05, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:45 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjw View Post
I would love to try it... If i order now I might get it by March. haha... Banggoods shipping is terrible. Just got my bnf v911 today. I ordered it Nov. 21
Hmmmmmm.......................I ordered two blue BNFs from them on Dec 18, received them on Jan 2.
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:01 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit N Run View Post
Yeah, I have to agree with that logic. But it's just so much fun that you don't want to put it down!

You're going to force me to do the only thing that seems right.... buy a 2nd one like you did so I can switch back and forth between the two of them.
Or do like more than a few of us did, buy several BNFs and lots of batteries and time your flights to 4 minutes each to insure a much longer motor/battery life.
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:16 AM
V911 Heli Owner
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
Hmmmmmm.......................I ordered two blue BNFs from them on Dec 18, received them on Jan 2.
I think a lot depends on where you are located. I ordered a BNF on Dec 29th (a Sat) it shipped on Jan 1st, looks like it will be here this coming week.
dweeber is offline Find More Posts by dweeber
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:51 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
I found another place which sells WL toys and have heard good things about them.. Quick shipping and good customer service reported.

I sent them a message asking to price match tmart and BG because their shipping kills the deal.
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:10 AM
United States, VA, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2012
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
The original ones were marked A, these are marked B, and are the spare blades included with the WL Toys package.
Yeah i just got my new bnf and it is a REV:07 and next to that it has a date on the chip of 8-25-2012, with a B1 on the blades. Is this the newest model? I can tell a huge difference in performance from my other v911 which is a newer version as well, but it has the A1 on the blades. Has anyone else noticed the performance improvements??
dizzyjw is offline Find More Posts by dizzyjw
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:24 AM
Fly it low.. and fly it fast!
United States, MA, Westport
Joined Nov 2011
1,739 Posts
Quote:
Yeah i just got my new bnf and it is a REV:07 and next to that it has a date on the chip of 8-25-2012, with a B1 on the blades. Is this the newest model? I can tell a huge difference in performance from my other v911 which is a newer version as well, but it has the A1 on the blades. Has anyone else noticed the performance improvements??
That's exactly what mine says and it's quite peppy. My cats don't know what to make of it, it's hilarious!
Hit N Run is online now Find More Posts by Hit N Run
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
I just took one of them outside for its maiden outdoor flight. After fighting the wind (3-4 MPH gusts) in mode 1, switching into mode 2 made it look like the wind wasn't there. This thing is a blast! I had Airwolf flashbacks from my childhood

I might just order a Syma 107G for inside, since flying my kids' slow coaxials around the living room is more relaxing than the V911, but I'm definitely keeping this guy for outside or larger indoor rooms.
larryka is offline Find More Posts by larryka
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:58 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
I'm struggling mightily getting this thing to behave. It simply won't hover in a reasonably stable way. I don't expect complete stillness, but if let it go in the center of a 15x15 room, it will run into a wall within a few seconds. I can control the nose turn but it seems to degrade into what I guess is called TBE. I found some suggestions about the flybar but it hasn't helped. I've attached a picture and am wondering if the swashplate looks right. It isn't level. Any other ideas would also be appreciated. The servos are level in that picture.
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:09 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
So this rev 7 board is a new battery version? Where from? Photo would be nice too. Thanks.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:26 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
I'm struggling mightily getting this thing to behave. It simply won't hover in a reasonably stable way. I don't expect complete stillness, but if let it go in the center of a 15x15 room, it will run into a wall within a few seconds. I can control the nose turn but it seems to degrade into what I guess is called TBE. I found some suggestions about the flybar but it hasn't helped. I've attached a picture and am wondering if the swashplate looks right. It isn't level. Any other ideas would also be appreciated. The servos are level in that picture.
On a FP the swash will not be level.Have look at the mixing arm(center of the links), if it rubs the blades in any way, the helicopter will not hover in one spot. My original was doing the same do to a bent mixing arm.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:37 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,257 Posts
@lentar Sometime if there is a lot side to side play in the blades they may be extra vibration.
Maybe some one else can chime in on what spare blades came in their lightning kit. My old style battery birds have B1. Maybe B blades are not 100% compatible with the V3 head.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:39 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
@dferrey, have you mechanically trimmed the heli? Do that first, then see if there are improvements.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:42 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalelilo View Post
Hi.

I'm a noob that received a V911 two days ago. I also bought a Nine Eagles Draco 4CH coax (god I hate how the Bell bar keeps popping off in crashs...) to train inside on 4CH helos because I find the transition from 3CH to 4CH difficult. Flying outside the V911 is great fun but it's less fun inside the living room. I've tried mechanical trimming but the helo keeps on drifting and I can't do stable hovering. I've noticed something on the swashplate: the two plastic parts aren't perfectly coplanar. I've tried pressing the two parts (attached by a ball bearing) but there's still an angle between the two plastic parts. Do you think that replacing the whole swashplate could make hovering more accurate ?

Laurent
Put a Bravo III flybar on your Draco and your flybar problems will go away. It makes the Solo 210a/Draco much more fun to fly.

Check my blog for detailed instructions. It's a very simple mod.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo