HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:36 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
I got yesterday the hero rc h991 same as the v911 and it flies good only problem is then the tail wants to spin right alot I have trim it all the way left anyway to center the servo out so the trim is in the middle.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:38 PM
United States, VA, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2012
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaapDub View Post
Have you seen this:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Li...o-p-61148.html

Seems to be bigger than the V911 but price is only bit higher.
What do you think?

Very interesting... I found a video too

Lishi L6030 PoHorJeen 0852214129 (3 min 39 sec)
dizzyjw is offline Find More Posts by dizzyjw
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
Got my v911 today but the rx antenna is missing! So, my question is, what can I solder to the antenna post on the rx to replace the antenna? I know it is a wire, but will any old wire do?
flightsfancy is offline Find More Posts by flightsfancy
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:50 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,037 Posts
and while we are at it with posting all the other clones of the clone of a clones clone, here is - yet - another one:

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-89...o-p-60611.html
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Received my heli today...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

It came with extra blades & what not. But my problem is I had to adjust my tx all the way forward in order for it to hover in one spot, I suppose the bigger 200 mah batt is the reason. Is there anyway I can adjust it manually on the heli?
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:02 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.sok View Post
Received my heli today...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

It came with extra blades & what not. But my problem is I had to adjust my tx all the way forward in order for it to hover in one spot, I suppose the bigger 200 mah batt is the reason. Is there anyway I can adjust it manually on the heli?
You can mechanically trim it. I think Daryoon's blog still has detail instructions. Or search the thread. Basically you adjust the lengths of the servo rods while having the tx trim at neutral.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:06 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjw View Post
Very interesting... I found a video too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEUN0LkdOE8
From the photos, it seems it takes more cues from the Helios than from the v911. Especially the paddled flybar bit. Who's gonna be the first one to try it?
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
You can mechanically trim it. I think Daryoon's blog still has detail instructions. Or search the thread. Basically you adjust the lengths of the servo rods while having the tx trim at neutral.
got it thanks! & man this thing is durable, I went head on to a wall & straight into a tree, so far so good!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:11 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
. Basically you adjust the lengths of the servo rods while having the tx trim at neutral.
I seem to everything under control except I need serious trip to keep it from turning right. Here are his instructions:

Quote:
Mechanical trimming
Step 2: Trim out the forward or backwards movement of the heli.

Pop off the servo linkage responsible for forward and backwards flight. You can simply move the remote stick forward and backwards to so you can determine which servo linkage is responsible for the forwards and backwards movement of the heli.

If the helicopter moves forwards. Then you have to lengthen the linkage to give it some backwards trim. Simply turn it counter clockwise to lengthen the linkage. I find that on the 9958, you can do a complete full turn or half turn. How many turns clockwise depends on how much trim you need. Just roughly guess. I'll start with 5 complete turn if there's a lot of forward momentum.

Conversely, if you the helicopter moves backwards. You shorten the linkages by simply turn the linkage clockwise.

Step 3. Trim out the left or right movement of the heli.
The concept is the same as the above.

If your heli is moving too much to the left. Twist counter clockwise to lengthen the servo linkage.

Conversely, if your heli is moving too much to the right. Twist clockwise to shorten the servo linkage.
I'm not sure exactly what I'm twisting clockwise.

Oh, and 2 batteries isn't nearly enough
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:15 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
I seem to everything under control except I need serious trip to keep it from turning right. Here are his instructions:

You lengthen or shorten the servo linkage rod by twisting the black plastic top part, the metal part has screw rails (don't know the technical term) so if you twist CW, it shortens, CCW to lengthen.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:24 PM
United States, VA, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2012
162 Posts
Quote:
From the photos, it seems it takes more cues from the Helios than from the v911. Especially the paddled flybar bit. Who's gonna be the first one to try it?

I would love to try it... If i order now I might get it by March. haha... Banggoods shipping is terrible. Just got my bnf v911 today. I ordered it Nov. 21
dizzyjw is offline Find More Posts by dizzyjw
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:32 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
You lengthen or shorten the servo linkage rod by twisting the black plastic top part, the metal part has screw rails (don't know the technical term) so if you twist CW, it shortens, CCW to lengthen.
Thanks but still not sure. I added a picture
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:34 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
I just received my bnf replacement and it has a bad wobble which starts when I give hard up elevator or hard aileron. Hover has less and FF none. The fly bar doesn't bounce quite as freely as my previous "RIP" V911. Iv loosened the FB screw, oil in the right places..

Suggestions?
I cant believe no one else has a wobble issue. Two out of the five V911's I received have it.
I was thinking about sending them back.. But I have yet to receive credit or a replacement for one I sent in a while back because it was old style. Cant quite decide who I dislike the most.. Tmart or banggood.
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post

does the tail of the heli start turning when you don't want to? or the whole heli it self moves to an angle?

Here is what I did, with the heli on using the right control move it left & right..that should tell you which servo does what & once you have that down pop the little turnbuckle off & adjust screwing it either clockwise or counterclockwise
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:51 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Dferry, when performing mechanical trims, you're turn and twisting the top black portion of the linkage rod. If you look at the linkage rod, the lower part is connected to the servo. The top portion looks like a round ring. When adjusting, you need to pop the ring off the swash plate, then turn the ring in full rotations (360) and then reattach it to the swash plate.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad