Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:34 AM
Rotor head
United States, UT, Clinton
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
They just heavy bling in my opinion. Try a search, and you find some detail about them. I would go with a fish eye swash, and carbon shaft from banggood.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...t-p-49035.html
I saw that too, guess I will wait and see how well my OEM parts last before I mess with things.

Thanks
MunchMouth is offline Find More Posts by MunchMouth
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:36 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_mofo View Post
Hi people! A couple of weeks ago i got a V911 and i love this little insect. Yesterday "figting" (wont do it anymore) with a s107 the tail motor got damaged. Im trying to repair or replace the tail motor, but its really stuck in its place, so i wonder if there's any technique to remove the motor without damaging it. Thanks!
Dog fighting with helicopters is helicopter cruelty! I've been trying to tell you!! It's good that you've learned your lesson. Best wishes in fixing it.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:53 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_mofo View Post
Hi people! A couple of weeks ago i got a V911 and i love this little insect. Yesterday "figting" (wont do it anymore) with a s107 the tail motor got damaged. Im trying to repair or replace the tail motor, but its really stuck in its place, so i wonder if there's any technique to remove the motor without damaging it. Thanks!
The tail motor holder may be glued on to the boom, but the motor itself should slide out, perhaps with some effort. If all else fails, buy a BNF for $20.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:51 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Sheesh, I don't even have my first heli (arrives tomorrow) and I ordered my second. This one from Banggood, the black/orange v911. $37.79 with 5% Facebook discount.
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Last edited by dferrey; Jan 03, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:53 AM
V911 Heli Owner
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
Sheesh, I don't even have my first heli (arrives tomorrow) and I ordered my second. This one from Banggood, the "generic black/orange v911. $37.79 with 5% Facebook discount.
Did you get a BNF or RTF.... $38 sounds expensive for a BNF.
dweeber is offline Find More Posts by dweeber
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:57 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeber View Post
Did you get a BNF or RTF.... $38 sounds expensive for a BNF.
RTF - I was thinking of the BNF for parts then thought with the RTF I get a couple extra batteries I can use for longer flying plus the transmitter (just in case), not to mention a loaner if a friend stops by. Then there is the wife, daughters and son in law - hmmmm, may need more spare parts
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:48 PM
Rotor head
United States, UT, Clinton
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
First attempt

Wow, I may need some help trimming this thing. it seems to want to turn left and pitch left. Haven't been able to get it flying for more then a few seconds.

I have messed with trim settings and maxed them out back and forth to try and fix the issue but having a hard time settling the copter...
MunchMouth is offline Find More Posts by MunchMouth
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:52 PM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Sep 2012
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchMouth View Post
Wow, I may need some help trimming this thing. it seems to want to turn left and pitch left. Haven't been able to get it flying for more then a few seconds.

I have messed with trim settings and maxed them out back and forth to try and fix the issue but having a hard time settling the copter...
I too had a bit of trouble with this at first. Using the 9x transmitter helps a bit as its trims seem to trim further than the controller that came with the v911.

You also get sub trim's which can help get it rock solid.
hcker2000 is offline Find More Posts by hcker2000
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:58 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,616 Posts
Right off the bat, if you require so much trims to hover the bird, it is way off. Using large amount of trims to combat it now, just messes you up later.

I recommend that you center all trims on the control. Find the biggest open area you could find. Hand launch this thing (much easier to hover than to start from the ground) and follow the manual trimming procedures (search the thread if you don't know what I'm talking about). Eventually, you'll have this bird trimmed out perfectly. Reserve the trim buttons for future and minor adjustments. Otherwise, you're going to drive yourself nuts.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:24 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone tried the CNC upgrade parts for the V911? I see this upgrade http://www.rcmodelpart.com/wl-toys-v...et-s_p197.html
wondering if anyone has installed this and if it is a good option?
Yes, I have. The parts set I received were for the Solo Pro 260a and the rotor head is different. The shaft, collar and swash work OK. The swash I received is much better than both the original and the improved y911 fisheye swash.

After modding the rotor head and installing the rest I discovered what others also have found. The parts are heavy and my little bird would hardly lift off the floor.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:39 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,355 Posts
solo pro aluminum kit

here is what I had to say about this kit, almost 9 months ago (which doesnt really matter too much, because most of the time if someone checks in my blog for something, they can find in my thread index if I wrote about it ... ok, I have been slacking quite a bit lately, but it is one of my new years resolutions to catch up with that ... ...)
Anyway, this is the first post and it actually goes from 68 to 73 ...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=68

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:01 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Here's my 2 cents, forget about swash and/or head upgrades, the best and only mod for the v911 is a msr paddled flybar. Keep the stock as back up in case you don't like it, or switch them according to your mood.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:16 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,295 Posts
Quote:

With the stock TX you have to rely on manual trimming of the servo links. I am wondering if these big batteries are causing odd flight behavior with the helicopter.
Two other possibilities could be flybar tightness, or link binding. With one of mine i had to sand the nubs a bit on the blades to keep the links freely moving.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:29 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
Banggood's US site has the V911 tail motor.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...t-p-38689.html
Other than getting getting the tail motor out of the seat which I've already done, is the repair difficult? I assume I need to bring the new wires back to the board?
Smchugh is offline Find More Posts by Smchugh
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:41 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smchugh View Post
Other than getting getting the tail motor out of the seat which I've already done, is the repair difficult? I assume I need to bring the new wires back to the board?
Either chop close to the motor and solder the wires, or feed back through tail(pain in the &$$),then sold them to the board.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40