HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:09 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,105 Posts
Any problems with the motors burning out faster, or more frequent with the higher 200mAh? Longer flight time is great, but I'm thinking the small motors may not like it.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:11 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancari View Post
Stone makes a very good point. You will also have to view every V911 video.

Quite simply the V911 is the best flyer you can have and will on fly on fire even in close quarters.

It is highly customizable, worthy of a custom paint job and collecting EVERY COLOR for 20 bucks.

Like the other V911, I assume it will bind to a Turnigy 9x.

The yellow and white as somewhat questionable as they are NOT made by WL.

There is now an WL H911 Warbird Edition made with a military paint job purchased from Xheli and Nitroplane.

The battery connector M A Y be different.

I'm sure we all hope it BG picks it up so we won't have to pay S&H.
My H911 will be here soon! Just ordered it today... From what all I have read, I believe the battery connector is the same... I hope so. Can anyone confirm??
Jasonamorris6 is offline Find More Posts by Jasonamorris6
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Just curious now, but what are the differences between the old style and the new style battery connector?
Jasonamorris6 is offline Find More Posts by Jasonamorris6
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:25 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
The battery connectors aren't really an issue because you can always just swap out the skids if you want to use your old or new batteries. The H911 does have the new style connector. The old batteries' connectors wrapped around the end of the battery, the new ones have a small white connector protruding from the end. It looks similar to the E-Flite battery connector but it is slightly larger.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:29 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6 View Post
My H911 will be here soon! Just ordered it today... From what all I have read, I believe the battery connector is the same... I hope so. Can anyone confirm??
Someone should be getting and posting their impressions of the latest H911 version on here soon. I'm waiting to see if there are any differences to the V3 V911 before I order one. ARGGHHH....................my wife is gonna kill me if I don't stop ordering these things, talk about being a heli addict, that would be me!
CCbusa05 is online now Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:33 PM
Rotor head
United States, UT, Clinton
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
My thoughts exactly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Any problems with the motors burning out faster, or more frequent with the higher 200mAh? Longer flight time is great, but I'm thinking the small motors may not like it.
I bought a spare Motor set for my Lightning bird(should arrive tomorrow), because I was wondering the same thing. I will let you know how it goes.
MunchMouth is offline Find More Posts by MunchMouth
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:33 PM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,400 Posts
i just ordered a new hero v911 from xheli...be here in a few days.ill compare it to myweek old wl v911 that has old style battery and skid.
igotit is offline Find More Posts by igotit
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:45 PM
V911 Heli Owner
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6 View Post
Just curious now, but what are the differences between the old style and the new style battery connector?

Difference between 150mah and 200mah new style batteries.
dweeber is offline Find More Posts by dweeber
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:50 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
can a module for any other protocal be puchased. ??? and why not
You're limited to what the receiver on the heli is, in this case it has a FlySky compatible receiver. I'm not aware of other modules that are FlySky compatible but perhaps someone smarter than me will educate us.

I'd stay with the module that mystman linked to. My 9X has the FlySky module that uses the internal antenna, I ordered one of the modules as linked so I can remove my internal antenna, this will allow me to easily change and use other modules that have an antenna attached to the module.
LarryCnAZ is offline Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:24 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeber View Post
Difference between 150mah and 200mah new style batteries.
Has anybody weighed these? I am guessing 25% longer is going to be about 25% heavier and so somewhere around 5.5 to 6 grams.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:52 PM
United States, VA, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2012
162 Posts
I'm addicted to these things. Just ordered the lightning today to add to my collection and now i'm debating the H911. Thanks a lot everyone. The first one i bought is still kickin. Just replaced the tail motor last week. Any ideas on ways to better protect the tail motor???
dizzyjw is offline Find More Posts by dizzyjw
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:59 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCnAZ View Post
You're limited to what the receiver on the heli is, in this case it has a FlySky compatible receiver. I'm not aware of other modules that are FlySky compatible but perhaps someone smarter than me will educate us.

I'd stay with the module that mystman linked to. My 9X has the FlySky module that uses the internal antenna, I ordered one of the modules as linked so I can remove my internal antenna, this will allow me to easily change and use other modules that have an antenna attached to the module.
what about a module that links to nine eagles, helimax, walkera, I'm sure some hackers could link any thing
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:14 PM
V911 Heli Owner
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
Has anybody weighed these? I am guessing 25% longer is going to be about 25% heavier and so somewhere around 5.5 to 6 grams.
According to my letter scale, the 200mah are 6g ea. My V911 with a battery attached is 33g

I don't have any of the original batteries to compare to so I cant compare between the performance of the same V911 with smaller batteries though.
dweeber is offline Find More Posts by dweeber
Last edited by dweeber; Jan 02, 2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:23 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Is it safe to say that any v911 (or H911) can bind to any v911 transmitter. Assuming so, are there any BNF 911's other than the one found at bang good.com?
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
my scales has the stock battery @ 4gr and the flying v911 @ 32gr.
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken