HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
Does it happen in the beginning or end of flight? Your pack may also need some seasoning (a few charges to for peak run time). Also make sure the tail blade is not on to tight.
yeah pretty much from the start, but a bit of rudder trim and its fine.

could allways pop another tail motor on. only notice it when hovering its very slight
coaldust is offline Find More Posts by coaldust
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:52 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaldust View Post
...are there any other better packs i could use ?...
My y911's are very sensitive to extra weight and so my two 150 mah cells, which weigh 1 gram more than the stock 120 mah cells, don't get any more flight time/quality than my five 145 mah cells, which weigh 1/2 gram more than the stock 120 mah cells.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picko990 View Post
ok. i was just in flight. about 2 minutes in.... and suddenly it lost power and dropped to the floor. nothing responded.

i pulled the battery and put it back in. it went through the binding process but instead of the LED coming up solid it would flash. so i tried a battery fresh off the charger and it did exactly the same thing.

any suggestions??

cheers
anyone have any input into this? i would really like to fly my helicopter
Picko990 is offline Find More Posts by Picko990
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:16 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
9116 tx

I'm looking at buying a 9116 TX.. Are double horse heli's any good? I was thinking about just buying a heli package which includes the 9116 TX but wasn't sure if double horse heli's are worth a damn..

Are any heli's packaged and sold with the 9X?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
If battery is good and antenna is intact, then nonbinding issues often times point to the crystal. Lots of posts on this thread about that, search a bit you will find them.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Looks like i have a slightly dodgy lipo, the tail drifts left on one lipo, the other lipo it holds really solid.

Least its not the heli, Does it mean one of the lipos are underpowered i geuss ?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:45 PM
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
Whoa Back Big_Deck. JC already said how much he loves his v911 toy:

He is happy to enjoy a great heli toy for 1/3 the cost. He would probably be 1/3 less grumpy if the weather in his area was 1/3 less rainy, snowy, freezing and flooding.
Weather still hasn't changed. Wife and kids are out, though. My V911's are flying all over the house.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:49 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Are you trying this (re)binding procedure?:

Plug the battery in on your v911 and then set it down and really, really quickly turn on the tx. Wait a few seconds until it binds.

Also verify your battery conn's from the skid to the board.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:18 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,332 Posts
Quote:
ok. i was just in flight. about 2 minutes in.... and suddenly it lost power and dropped to the floor. nothing responded.

i pulled the battery and put it back in. it went through the binding process but instead of the LED coming up solid it would flash. so i tried a battery fresh off the charger and it did exactly the same thing.

any suggestions??
cheers
The symptoms sound consistent with a failed crystal on your Rx board, although this crystal is usually damaged in crashes. I've never seen it gone bad in mid flight. This thread is long, I know. But you should search back for keyword Crystal. I think you would find that consistent with the problems you're having.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
I'm looking at buying a 9116 TX.. Are double horse heli's any good? I was thinking about just buying a heli package which includes the 9116 TX but wasn't sure if double horse heli's are worth a damn..

There is no model memory so switching would be a pain. Doublehorse is a durable easy to fly heli. Hobbypartz is only 7 & 5 shipping
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaldust View Post
Looks like i have a slightly dodgy lipo, the tail drifts left on one lipo, the other lipo it holds really solid.

Least its not the heli, Does it mean one of the lipos are underpowered i geuss ?
Maybe it will get better after a few charges.You can check the voltage and amps with a meter.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:40 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Weather still hasn't changed. Wife and kids are out, though. My V911's are flying all over the house.
Too much wifey cuteness in my house for a v911. Living on the edge of the Rocky Mountains gets you roller coaster weather. This week is lookig like this:

Name: Weather For Calgary Alberta Canada on December 31 2012.jpg
Views: 52
Size: 69.3 KB
Description: Weather For Calgary Alberta Canada on December 31 2012

Christmas week was 20'C colder and yes we had a 'White Christmas'. Average is halfway in between and usually too windy to fly outside. I'm ready to test my TX mods at the church hall.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Last edited by 2_Crash_Thumbs; Dec 31, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
Maybe it will get better after a few charges.You can check the voltage and amps with a meter.

just put two packs through it again, both drifted a bit, two click on rudder trim and it was perfect, then after that it needed no clicks on trim lol i have no idea, only thing is the tx resets rudder trim on start up.

maybe im to used to my hk450 TT heh. still fly great for the price
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:41 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post

The 9116 I had moved like a bus.Great FFF speed,but poor handling.What I hated was changing the tail motor out every 10 flights.WL toy has a helicopter in the same class, I believe the TX is compatible with a V911,not 100 % sure though.
I use the 9116tx with my Wl toys helicopters and quads, and I am very happy with it.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:44 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
Banggood is rocking! I ordered a y911 (as a spare) on the 24th.. It is here in my house now! 5 days from ship to delivery. They shipped on the day I ordered. I have a ton of parts I ordered on the 25th, so I expect them wed. All I really noticed different was a sturdier skid, although I didn't take too close of a look. The swash looks the same from a casual glance.
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers