SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
hi all, mine arrived today, flys great but after a tiny while tail starts drifting left very slowly, its correctable with trim but i thorght the tail help rock solid on these?

i know my honeybee v2 did the same thing when the battery started wearing out.

have i received one with a dodgy tal motor or is this normal, its a slow drift left that needs correcting now and then, but adjusting trim does stop it.

any feedback?

thx
coaldust is offline Find More Posts by coaldust
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,399 Posts
My tail drifts to the right after half a pack is used.im fine with it....i consider it normal,and a low battery indicator.
igotit is online now Find More Posts by igotit
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotit View Post
My tail drifts to the right after half a pack is used.im fine with it....i consider it normal,and a low battery indicator.
mine drifts to the left after about 30 secs, as i say trim sorts it out so ill just live with it, also how do i know if i have a v911 or v911 clone?

thx
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsakali View Post
So right out of the box, this thing flies great with the exception of when making wide circles , the tail motor acts as if it's not getting the input that I give it, and it quits turning right as intended, so my heli tends to want to go straight at that point.

While hovering, the tail motor responds to both right and left input. But when I introduce some ff and right tilt, the tail motor 's input sometimes gets ignored and acts as if it is not getting any input. The tail motor doesn't stop working, but it wont continue to turn as instructed until I stop giving forward and tild input.

To give you a better idea, I will start giving it some forward and right tilt, and then some right tail to get a cirlce going...about 60-90 degrees into the circle's circumference the tail quits forcing right , and my heli goes straight until I stop the forward and tild input...then and only then will the tail start getting TX input again. I feel like I'm repeating myself but it's an odd issue so I want to be as clear as I can.

What could this possibly be? a bad gyro? I know it's not my transmitter because my other v911 works just fine with it...so it must be something wrong with the heli.
so nobody can throw some wisdom my way about this?
tsakali is offline Find More Posts by tsakali
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:54 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaldust View Post
hi all, mine arrived today, flys great but after a tiny while tail starts drifting left very slowly, its correctable with trim but i thought the tail help rock solid on these?

have i received one with a dodgy tal motor or is this normal, its a slow drift left that needs correcting now and then, but adjusting trim does stop it.

any feedback?

thx
I don't know as much about these as some others here, but I would have to say that should be expected as the battery drains. Not sure I've ever flown a FP that didn't do that to some degree. I actually don't like a "hands off" hover. I like a little pressure needed on the tail stick to hold steady. Makes adjusting for this a little more second nature to me.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
I don't know as much about these as some others here, but I would have to say that should be expected as the battery drains. Not sure I've ever flown a FP that didn't do that to some degree. I actually don't like a "hands off" hover. I like a little pressure needed on the tail stick to hold steady. Makes adjusting for this a little more second nature to me.
just had a proper flight, what a great little heli , flys everybit as good as my mcpx that i sold cause im not interested in 3d. and in mode 2 its very responsive stunning for 24 lol.

The stock 120 lipos dont last long do they, i have 4 300mah nanotechs that i used on the mcpx and ive noticed the connector is the same, Would i be best off modding the skids to take these packs or are there any other better packs i could use ?

thx guys
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
The stock 120 lipos dont last long do they, i have 4 300mah nanotechs that i used on the mcpx and ive noticed the connector is the same, Would i be best off modding the skids to take these packs or are there any other better packs i could use ?

thx guys
I've already tried this several months ago. They're too heavy.
You won't increase flightime.
The v911 is very sensible according to additional weight.
But try it yourself
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
mine drifts to the left after about 30 secs, as i say trim sorts it out so ill just live with it, also how do i know if i have a v911 or v911 clone?

thx
You might want to try some micro bearing oil from LHS on rotor shaft. Is it getting hot too quickly .I test mine on lower lip " hope one never super hot" I think the drift problems is heat and lower volts combined. Make sure rotor blade is not pushed in too far. I never noticed mine until 2/3 batt. Also I trimmed mine after about 45sec after the turbo extra punch of a new battery settles out . Reports are that a few tail motors fail fairly early.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
You might want to try some micro bearing oil from LHS on rotor shaft. Is it getting hot too quickly .I test mine on lower lip " hope one never super hot" I think the drift problems is heat and lower volts combined. Make sure rotor blade is not pushed in too far. I never noticed mine until 2/3 batt. Also I trimmed mine after about 45sec after the turbo extra punch of a new battery settles out . Reports are that a few tail motors fail fairly early.
well just had another flight as i said it seemed to hold better? i have no idea maybe the lipos need a few cycles.

thx mate
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:21 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
When I was young I envied all the time that retired guys had. Now that I am retired I envy the pocket money that working guys have...but I refuse to get a job!!!
I feel envy when I see my Dad enjoying retirement. I won't be one of those people that stops working. Wish I could be, but I believe I would die much sooner if I stop working. Anyway, GFY (Good For You) Enjoy every day. Life is good.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
ive just noticed on banggood they got 150mah lipos are they better? or just stick with the 120's.

cause id like a lot at same mah so i can use a harness on my 106b
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:02 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Be sure to follow KKDDMM's posts. I'd only linked to one of his earlier posts. Since then, he has other versions with different results also. It's very fascinating. And I didn't understand it one bit. Stone, you have tried it with good results? Could someone explain it to be how it works?
I haven't tried his exact mods, but I've tried an improvised version, which is simply tighen the flybar screws so they stay on plane, that has the effect of flybarless as far as delayed blade pitch commands, but still maintain the stability of the flybar inertia. The blade pitch is then controlled only by the swash. This makes the heli ultra sensitive to stick input, that's why KKDDMM mentioned numerous times you need a programmable tx to fly it. Also, I noticed in his photos he added weights to the blades to compensate for the flybar removal. and punched holes in the blades, which causes the blades to spin faster due to lost of lift; the added spin rate provides still more stability. I surmise he found that combination thru trial and error. I'm sure kkddmm would share more details, but he's said so himself that his limited command of english prevents him from doing so. (However, I think he has a blog in Japanese on another forum, if that helps.)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:30 AM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2012
67 Posts
The "9958/v911 Tour Over America" continues to rack up the miles adding California, Nevada, Illinois, South Carolina, Massachusetts, and Louisiana. Those photos and the entire collection of visits to 36 states can be found on my blog page. Here is a tease...two big guys and a little boat.
SpiritofStLouis is offline Find More Posts by SpiritofStLouis
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
My V911 is quite nice. I think the remote is nice and the 2 batteries and dual charger are great. The motors are noisier than my 9958s and the controls are more sensitive and responsive. On take off with a fresh battery the throttle seems to take a minute to stabilize as the heli climbs are drops the first few seconds I guess before you can maintain a steady hover. Overall a great product!
Tomofono is offline Find More Posts by Tomofono
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,262 Posts
Quote:
hi all, mine arrived today, flys great but after a tiny while tail starts drifting left very slowly, its correctable with trim but i thorght the tail help rock solid on these?

any feedback?

thx
Does it happen in the beginning or end of flight? Your pack may also need some seasoning (a few charges to for peak run time). Also make sure the tail blade is not on to tight.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40