HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Deleted
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Last edited by Username>; Jan 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:57 PM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Anyone loose the tiny O-rings on that slip over the canopy posts yet? I lost one somewhere (crash that also cracked the canopy somehow ) , but no big deal as the canopy will still stay on. The O-rings do help to keep the canopy from vibrating and making noise though. Doubt I'd be able to find any replacement O-ring that small.
I don't have any rings - but still fly. Canopy maybe vibrating but who is care
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:23 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derehu1234 View Post
How you managed order a V911 on the 14th and got a tracking number. I thought they ran out of stock. I placed my order on Jan 9th and is still back order. Guys, should I refund it or just wait?
Banggood says they have them in stock. Better email Banggood customer service and ask what's going on with your order.

Note this is what it says on the top of all Banggood website pages:
"Due to Chinese new Year Holiday,all orders will not be processing untill 27th January. "

So if anyone is ordering now, you'll have to wait a bit due to the Chinese New Year Holiday.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:24 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
trying to see if the skids from my 9958 fit was also one of the first things i tried, but mine is glued too, and so is the tail boom some more spares should arrive after the chinese new year and i will have an unglued frame, boom and skids.

I and several people before me posted instructions of binding the 9x, some differed which might have been due to firmware changes? (My sequence for ER9X: Tx on, Heli on, press bind button when heli flashes fast, restart both)

I have applied several mixers, some expo and other gimmicks configured:
* the poti on the right regulates rates for rudder, elevator and ailerons from 0-100% (you have to create a custom curve for that so the potis value is always positive and does not cross 0)
* the 3-way switch has 3 preprogrammed rate modes from low over medium to high
* i applied some expo to rudder, aileron and elevator
* the bottom-left switch is programmed as throttle safety switch (rotor won't start if the switch is off)
* the timer is configured to be triggered when the throttle is not zero
* throttle trim and expo are set to "ON", this removes the center point for trim and expo, you have to turn the trim all the way down too when you set this. (if you apply expo to throttle, it now goes from bottom to top, not from center outwards - better consult the manual on this one )
* a custom switch (SW1) thats 'on' when throttle is below -45
* a mixer that adds 60 (IIRC) right aileron when SW1 is active (added some slope up (15s) & down (4s) so it takes it out gently after take off and never active once started) - i can just throttle up and the heli would climb straight up without the tendency of sliding left

i can provide screenshots if thats needed...
Thanks Mulder!
I did a search on the thread but couldn't find 9X configurations!
I just tried and binded to 9X and the little heli was all over the place out of control! Batteries were also almost flat and is more than time for me to be sleeping!
If I have time tomorrow will try programming it.
Did you use heli or acro mode to start? If heli, what heli mode?
If screenshot are easy for you to post it would be very handy and appreciated!

PS. Are you using 9X or ER9x with this configurations?

Regarding landing skids, I would try Bravo SX part! ; )
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:25 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
How you managed order a V911 on the 14th and got a tracking number. I thought they ran out of stock. I placed my order on Jan 9th and is still back order. Guys, should I refund it or just wait?
You should get in contact with their customer service or send a PM to Aaron here. What I found out was that the heli wasn't back ordered, but the replacement parts were and held up my order. I cancelled the whole order and just placed a new one with just the heli. New order was placed on 01/15/12 and status says it shipped 01/17/12.
ink124 is offline Find More Posts by ink124
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:26 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkin View Post
This helped me a little. Taming the swashplate is nice, but what it really needs is a tamed down yaw motion. The tail motor makes it sooo twichy, even with the silver top left button activated so there are fewer bars on the display.
That's what makes it possible to fly like a syco maniac inside the house. Once you get good at 4-ch you'll be able to turn 180 on a dime right before you smash into the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkin View Post
The only other mod I had to do is clean the goo off of the battery charger terminals with a q-tip soaked in a dot of rubbing alcohol. They seemed like they had tape goo that was preventing a good connection.
I did that too, and my battery & charger terminals also. Both batteries charge up nice, and I've been getting consistent aggressive 5 to 5-1/2 min flights without discharging the battery below 3.70 volts.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
23 Posts
Rawmade, I'm dying to know how you're doing the Brushless modification any info you can give me about doing one on the v911. I imagine it's similar to the one for the solo pro, but I wasn't sure if it would work without custom firmware for the ESC's.

Do you mind sharing your modifications and what parts you're using for the brushless conversion?
sgnelson is offline Find More Posts by sgnelson
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:10 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
20 flights in and the tail motor doesn't spin up anymore except at full throttle, and only half-heartedly then.
Mine did that too! I was bummed... Tail only really spun-up @full throttle.
swapping batteries didn't help... Only after I turned-off the TX, put a battery in heli, turned-on TX... It re-set itself.. and the Tail motor spun-up again! I was happy! Happened 2wice so far.

I think turning-on the TX with the sticks moved from Zero.... screws-up the Heli until a reset, so I leave both somewhat stationary during the bind sequence... and it's been Fine.
Yours of course could be a different can of worms!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:21 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
Thanks Mulder!
I did a search on the thread but couldn't find 9X configurations!
I just tried and binded to 9X and the little heli was all over the place out of control! Batteries were also almost flat and is more than time for me to be sleeping!
If I have time tomorrow will try programming it.
Did you use heli or acro mode to start? If heli, what heli mode?
If screenshot are easy for you to post it would be very handy and appreciated!

PS. Are you using 9X or ER9x with this configurations?

Regarding landing skids, I would try Bravo SX part! ; )
I used the most basic template, might well be acro. The heli modes are for CP helis only, and preconfigure the CP mixers which you don't need with a FP heli.

I am using alternative firmware ER9x, so my settings will not apply for stock 9x owners, which one do you use? I guess screenshots only make sense if you also use ER9x.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:23 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
YES! This solved my vibration woes. I would add that I looked at the blade tips; one was higher as I spun the rotor. Thanks.
Glad I could help! nuthn worse than a vibrating V911... when it can be soooo smooth!
In my original post I mentioned also looking @the Blade-tips for uneveness, it's what a "hairline" crack in one of the Main-blades will produce.
I just tried repairing a cracked blade... and one side is slightly higher than the other side, resulting in... Vibration! Oh well, I'll put the new blades back-on... I tried. lol
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:15 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
am a bit curious now. This morning I got an email from Abby (banggood CC) telling me that the "kit" I ordered together with some other parts was unavailable. 2 hours later I logged on and my order is now shipped including a tracking number
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
i just ordered helicopters, no spares.
_sprowt is offline Find More Posts by _sprowt
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:35 AM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink124 View Post
You should get in contact with their customer service or send a PM to Aaron here. What I found out was that the heli wasn't back ordered, but the replacement parts were and held up my order. I cancelled the whole order and just placed a new one with just the heli. New order was placed on 01/15/12 and status says it shipped 01/17/12.
WOW REALLY? I have been contacting banggood for days. They never told me the V911 is in stock . All they ever ask me is if I would like to get a refund because my order is out of stock( I ordered a v911 and 2 batteries).
derehu1234 is offline Find More Posts by derehu1234
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:50 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Turnigy 9X TX for dummies

Hey guys, I know some of you here have this transmitter and many have recommended it for the control of the V911 as well as other RC Helis/Planes.

I'm about to take the plunge and buy one but I'm very, very concerned because there appears to be very little information available for a Noob with a 9X transmitter. I'm afraid I'll have this device but not really be able to take advantage of the features that make it unique to own

I've done multiple searches but I can't find any tutorial or instructions aimed at the beginner. How does one learn the basics and the operation of this unit?

There is definitely a need for a beginner level tutorial of the basic functions and then the more advanced functions of the Turnigy 9X and all it's clones.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:11 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Hey guys, I know some of you here have this transmitter and many have recommended it for the control of the V911 as well as other RC Helis/Planes.

I'm about to take the plunge and buy one but I'm very, very concerned because there appears to be very little information available for a Noob with a 9X transmitter. I'm afraid I'll have this device but not really be able to take advantage of the features that make it unique to own

I've done multiple searches but I can't find any tutorial or instructions aimed at the beginner. How does one learn the basics and the operation of this unit?

There is definitely a need for a beginner level tutorial of the basic functions and then the more advanced functions of the Turnigy 9X and all it's clones.
Hi cpuken,

I was like you also when I was contemplating getting the Turnigy 9X. Eventually, I took the plunge anyway and figured that I would have to fiddle it on my own.

For beginners, the first thing you need to know before you power up the Turnigy 9X is that all switches must be flipped up. Failure to do so will result in 'switch error'. I got that the first time and almost thought I received a faulty unit.

You may also try to do a search from youtube as there are video tutorials guiding you how you can configure the Turnigy 9X to your helicopter. As far as I can remember, you need to reverse the elevators if you bind the v911 to Turnigy 9X.

The most 'advanced' feature I tried out was the throttle exponential function. Basically, it allows you to determine the throttle level at certain stick positions. Say for example, if you prefer to have 60% throttle power at half throttle, then this function is useful. Other than that, I don't think there are any much benefits for a 4 channel helicopter.

There are also people who mentioned programming the aileron mix to compensate for the left drift when taking off. Personally, I am quite use to this characteristic and am fine without this program. In any case, I am clueless how this is done on the Turnigy 9X also.

To a noob, I guess the greatest benefit of the Turnigy 9X is that I just need a single transmitter for my made up of 2x 9958, a Trex 100 and 2x v911. Hope this help answer some of your queries.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch