HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:35 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.peters View Post
Hi all, I got a V911 on xmas day, and have been digging into the modifications I can do to make it more stable. It has a reasonably stable hover, but there is a bit of wobble/vibration.

I see that I can put in a solo pro cf main shaft, but I'm not sure exactly where to order one of these from. Also, is this from the solo pro 270, 260 or something else?

I can see that there is a slight warping in my main gear, so I've gone ahead and ordered a delrin gear.

Finally, I have seen a lot of people talking about swapping the motor with the bravo sx motor. Does this give much more power, and is it a straight swap, or is it there more to it than dropping it in and soldering the wires?

Thanks
Chris
Check bangood for carbon shaft and fisheye squash combo... its supposed to be best carbon shaft available
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Check bangood for carbon shaft and fisheye squash combo... its supposed to be best carbon shaft available
Do you have a link? I've been digging about on the site, but haven't had any luck yet.
chris.peters is offline Find More Posts by chris.peters
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:13 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.peters View Post
Do you have a link? I've been digging about on the site, but haven't had any luck yet.
Perhaps you mean the compatible y911 part:
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...t-p-49035.html
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:23 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaapDub View Post
Benma Hobby industrial manufacturing makes a lot of similar heli's for various brand name companies. Lately they have been putting out their own name on products such as the Helios 100. The heli you've pointed out looks like a WL Toys v911 with a better battery system, but unknown are the exact parts compatibility and availability.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Last edited by 2_Crash_Thumbs; Dec 29, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
BTW, for those keeping track. I know one of the early mods for the v911 was to add CF rods to stiffen up the main frame.

I have commented that the v911 mainframe is the flexi'est of all the micro FP I've own. I don't know if WLToys updates the plastic used on the new v911 frame. But an easy remedy is to use the y911 frame. It's very, very stiff and sturdy. Unfortunately, I don't see it for sell separately.

I do like the fish eye swashplate of the y911. A tip, if you search Banggood for v911. Any parts that doesn't have WLToys v911 in the title belongs to the v911 clone.

Here's the landing skid used on the y911 that I like. It uses the older style LiPo.

Clickable photo link:

CF mainshaft and center ball "fisheye" swashplate of the y911:
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
...the y911 frame. It's very, very stiff and sturdy.
Yeah, to break that frame, you'd have to do something REALLY stupid. I mean ABSOLUTELY BONEHEADED! ...like drop a chair on it. ...so I've heard. ...somewhere.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:07 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,668 Posts
Poor yellow heli fell and broke his neck today (or more accurately the rotor head )

Since my e-rix was out of action awaiting a flybar buckle I decided to cannibalise the head and, while the heli was in bits anyway, swap out the steel main shaft and stock swash for the cf and fisheye variant. Put the yellow heli together, stuck a battery in and sent him up. Hovered ok til about 1/2 throttle and then started rotating ccw when I gave more gas.

Tried bench testing. When I give left rudder the tail motor slows, and speeds up when I give right rudder, so that SEEMS to be about right. Also tried turning the heli on its horizontal axis and the gyro kicks in to compensate. As I say, the rudder and gyro reactions seem to be right, but I can't measure the AMOUNT of compensation which is happening.

The more throttle I give the more the heli turns ccw. Also when its hovering, although the rudder seems ok on a bench test I can't get the heli to turn cw using the rudder stick... at best it just stops turning ccw.

JFTHOI I popped the head off - complete with flybar, rotors, links and buckles - and put it on to the e-rix. Flew like a dream, even better than before since I now have the cf main shaft/fisheye swash on, so the problem doesn't lie there.

I'm thinking the tail motor may have taken a hit during the crash, but since I'm still a bit of a noob, I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions before I go pulling the motor off.

Thanks guys
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
The Tmart's are v3's Iv received three orders from Tmart in the last month and still haven't seen my order from banggood. Why some of you would wait so long just to save a few dollars is beyond me.. but hey
All a matter of experience and location I suppose. I ordered a rtf from Tmart and it took 4 weeks to arrive, packed in the original box and somewhat bashed. I've placed 9 orders with BG now, all arrived between 2 1/2 and 4 weeks, and the helis are custom packed so they survive the journey. Maybe different if you're in the states, but as someone who lives on the European mainland, I won't be shopping at Tmarkt again in a hurry.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:26 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
@tiggertoo1962
yes, it sounds like a tail motor problem.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:30 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@tiggertoo1962
yes, it sounds like a tail motor problem.
Cheers bud. Got enough spares there, so I guess it's time to hone the soldering skills
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
Perhaps you mean the compatible y911 part:
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...t-p-49035.html
Thanks for that, will get one of those, along with some other spares while I'm at it.

I have been adjusting the pushrods to try and get a stable hover without needing any trim, and while I've pretty much got it, I have noticed that the swash plate is rather uneven. Initially I tried to adjust it by getting the swash plate level, but I found it was constantly pulling forward and right. I'm wondering if this is related to a balance issue. Is it possible that all the 'flying' into walls I've done could have shifted the center of gravity enough to have a noticeable impact. Everything still looks straight, but I'm guessing it doesn't take much weight to knock these out of balance.

Thanks
Chris
chris.peters is offline Find More Posts by chris.peters
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
23 Posts
dh 9116 tx trouble

hi everyone. I am new to rcgroups so please go easy lol. got a new 9116 tx for my 911 fleet from hobbypartz while binding i noticed the elevator stick in neutral shows 1 bar forward on the lcd display. not the lcd trim display but the display that shows how much elevator is being applied. (hope that made sense) also notice a noise coming from elevator servo only when binded to 9116 tx. was wondering if this problem can be solved in menu settings? has anyone else had this problem? have searched various threads but no luck. thanks for your help.
MicroHeliManiac is offline Find More Posts by MicroHeliManiac
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Just got my V911 from Tmart today! This thing is really sensitive, I flew it indoor had a semi hard crash on the wall and one of the weights on the fly bar came off. So my first mod was put a little tape on both the weights so it won't come off. I'll super glue them later I'm to excited flying it. This new hobby is awesome.
Bat97 is offline Find More Posts by Bat97
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
@chris
It's normal to have the swashplate be uneven on these FP heli when mechanically trimming for stable hover. It's not a FBL or CP heli that requires you start with an even swashplate.

However, to help...you can start with a well balance heli.

Often, the balance is normally determine by how far the battery is inserted.

If you get the main gear and pinion disengage, you can how the heli horizontal by the main shaft. And figure out how much to insert the battery to get the COG perfect.

Then a mechanical adjustment of the servo linkages can be made.

After a while you won't care about all that. Cuz you'll be actively flying the v911. And how well it hovers, will just be good enough for the purpose of flying. Outside, with wind being a factor. Perfect hovering is less important.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Dec 2007
138 Posts
gyro

Hello, I'm happy with my V911 but I understand that it has a gyro which stabelizes it in the yaw axis. If that is correct why do I have to keep adjusting the
dirrectional (rudder) trim as the battery discharges? Vince
shortfellow is offline Find More Posts by shortfellow