boy i'd like to down load the manual for the turnigy 9x v2
any suggestions
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Hello,
Brand new to the heli world. Im sure I started out like most. Started with a 3 channel and now moving up.

My problem is, I just received my new V911. It is the new battery version. I charged my batteries fully. Plugged it in and it worked fine for about 45 seconds. It hovered about 3 feet while I was trimming it. Then, it just lost connection with the radio and fell to the ground.

Now, it will not bind with the radio. I have tried all basic trouble shooting ideas. Can anyone give me any advice on a pssible fix?
Cagthree is offline Find More Posts by Cagthree
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Does anyone else find that the V911 gyro is oversensitive? That is, after rotating left or right (i.e. adjusting yaw), the gyro overcompensates, making the whole bird wiggle left/right for about half a second before it settles down and locks nicely. You can hear the wiggle as the tail rotor quickly oscillates its speed up and down.

1) Any suggestions on how to correct this?
2) Would/could a tx upgrade fix this?

Thanks,
Roy
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
The 9 channel is supposed to be fantastic it's ava. in mode 1. With or without rec,. You could sell it in a minute if you wanted to get rid of it the go back order all the time. Looks like the 9xr is the new the hot commodity . Computer radio is only way to go IMHO to get thr dual rates
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Last edited by 153stars; Dec 28, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:58 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Cagthree, if the batt voltage is below the low battery cutoff it will stop flying mid air. If you have a way to check, the battery voltage of a charged battery will be close to 4.2 volts. Usually voltage after a full flight would be around 3.5 volts. Not sure that's the problem but a good palce to start.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Dont know other peoples reasons for doing so, but mine is here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...81&postcount=3
Thanks. So it's just a "bigger" tx that you wanted? Would a tx upgrade also allow for improved responsiveness (especially the rudder)? I'm particularly interested in people's experience with the Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch TX or the Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module.

Cheers,
Roy
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
The 9 channel is supposed to be fantastic it's ava. in mode 1. With or without rec,. You could sell it in a minute if you wanted to get rid of it the go back order all the time. Looks like the 9xr is the new the hot commodity . Computer radio is only way to go IMHO to get thr dual rates
Which one is the "9xr"? Link?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:12 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo000000 View Post
Thanks. So it's just a "bigger" tx that you wanted? Would a tx upgrade also allow for improved responsiveness (especially the rudder)? I'm particularly interested in people's experience with the Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch TX or the Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module.

Cheers,
Roy
hey Roy,

as far as my personal experience with the FS-TH9x is concerned, there is some more in the thread that I referred to. Yes, the major point for me was more the size than having stuff like programmable curves or dual rates (I never used any of this stuff on ANY of my helis other than what they came with or were recommended per manual (in case of my just sold DX6i)
As for the V911, the size of the tx was the "trigger reason" - but what I got surpassed greatly what I had hoped for.
I also had one of the early V911's where the TX still has this ridiculously sensitive rudder. (other people did a resistor mod to the stock tx to deal with this, I would never be able to duplicate this)
Thanks to the 9X tx the rudder problem was completely gone once I had bound the V911 to it ... as if it never existed to begin with.
On top of all this, you get all those adjustment options that you may not need, but you have them if you want to use them - and that is just great to know.

Overall, as I said in the thread from the link (at least I think I did) ... the best mod I ever did to the V911 was getting a 9X transmitter!

(just my personal 2 cents!)

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:15 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo000000 View Post
Which one is the "9xr"? Link?
Here you go:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1628785
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:19 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagthree View Post
Hello,
Brand new to the heli world. Im sure I started out like most. Started with a 3 channel and now moving up.

My problem is, I just received my new V911. It is the new battery version. I charged my batteries fully. Plugged it in and it worked fine for about 45 seconds. It hovered about 3 feet while I was trimming it. Then, it just lost connection with the radio and fell to the ground.

Now, it will not bind with the radio. I have tried all basic trouble shooting ideas. Can anyone give me any advice on a pssible fix?
If your battery is charged, and it will not bind (just sitting there, LED flashing), I think the crystal on your Rx is toasted. I'm really sorry that you fun was so short lived. Given that this is basically DOA (sans the 45 seconds), I think you ought to contact your seller right the way. Depending where you got it from, the process is slow and painful. But at least you are getting somewhere.

Definitely hope that I'm wrong about this. Sincerely hope that someone else could figure out a different scenario for you.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Waldo, the 9x is a great radio, even better with the er programing mod. If you want to fly planes also it's the only way to go IMO. If however you just want to be able to adjust the flight handling of your 911 you might consider the 9116 Helicopter Transmitter. It's less than 20$ shipped from Hobby Parts. In any case you will have to learn basic programing to change any settings. As for the new 9xr no one has reviewed it but it sounds like a good radio if you can get one. I believe it is sold without a module so you would have to add 9x compatable one to your purchase.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Malua Bay
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart View Post
Waldo, the 9x is a great radio, even better with the er programing mod. If you want to fly planes also it's the only way to go IMO. If however you just want to be able to adjust the flight handling of your 911 you might consider the 9116 Helicopter Transmitter. It's less than 20$ shipped from Hobby Parts. In any case you will have to learn basic programing to change any settings. As for the new 9xr no one has reviewed it but it sounds like a good radio if you can get one. I believe it is sold without a module so you would have to add 9x compatable one to your purchase.
So im safe to assume your saying i can buy a transmitter for less then $20 thats programmable. So instead of the v911 rx resistor mod (settles the twitchy rudder) i can buy this and program it correctly?
Diablos is offline Find More Posts by Diablos
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:51 PM
Cohoes, NY
Joined Sep 2002
38 Posts
V911 life expectancy?

I had two coax helis, one REALLY tiny one, and one a bit bigger. Hadn't flown them in a while but when I thought about it again I thought something that I could fly outdoors (I know, zero to very little wind) would be more fun. After online research I sprung for a V911 with a gift Amazon card, in the Helizone Lightningbird version.
Got it yesterday and have flown through the batteries twice, for a total of 4 flights. LOTS of crashes, but so far the heli is unscathed. I can now hover fairly well and move it in all three planes. Still indoors, due to an ill timed 7" snowstorm censored:
One thing I'm having most trouble with is throttle/altitude control. Microscopic movement of the throttle seem to make large altitude changes. Also, it's challenging to rotate the heli with the left stick without also changing the throttle. Practice, practice...
I'm curious, what's the lifespan of these little birds? How long is the main motor good for? Tail? Gears, etc?

Another question.. On the Transmitter panel, it shows Tx battery life of only one or two bars. These are brand new batteries, verified with a multi-meter as putting out the full 1.5v. Is this a common flaw?
Brewerpaul is offline Find More Posts by Brewerpaul
Last edited by Brewerpaul; Dec 28, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:59 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Diablos, I'm not sure what it would cost to get one outside of the US but the 9116 tx is a popular item on this forum. I don't have one as I have a 9x so I'm not able to expain it in detail. I'm sure someone who owns one can chime in and give there opinion. Or you can search this thread for 9116 posts on top of the page.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:40 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
So im safe to assume your saying i can buy a transmitter for less then $20 thats programmable. So instead of the v911 rx resistor mod (settles the twitchy rudder) i can buy this and program it correctly?
It has 2 sets of dual rates you can set for every channel ,sub trim ,end point adj.,servo reversing. We have been trying to hash out switching to. mode1 . Earlier posts . . And the huge to AUS shipping issues
Mine handle way better with it . I bought 3 of 9116 for me daughter and converted a 3 chan double horse to 4 channel @ 2.4 ghz. and @ $7 ea & 5 shipping from hobbypartz in US whole order . If I paying 25 plus shipping I would of gotten 9x with model memory. I needed the parts to convert and fix the 9100 helli any how.
With how popular v911 with the 9116 tx and the 9x radio , if you quit i think you could get rid of at little in any loss.
I stick by no soldering needed just move gimble parts a bit to get throttle friction and centering on the opposite sticks . Screen wouldn't be perfect as it doesn't flip layouts but would read right in the graphs . My radios have mode 1&2 in computer older ones not sure.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Last edited by 153stars; Dec 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM.