HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:21 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknes01 View Post
Wow thank you so much Heli Pad, for getting back to me so quickly. As i was looking around the net for a BNF v911 i noticed a few places post it as an upgraded v911? I dont get what they upgraded and if it still would bind to my remote and if the battery from my old one would be a fit on the new upgraded v911? I will be getting more batteries as you are correct i lost one with the heli and thank you for your advice on that. Do you know any good reputable sites i can get a BNF v911 for a good price?
cheers
The V911 has gone through some revisions. But they all work with the same controller. However, batteries is one of the things that they have changed. Without knowing the type of batteries you have, it's hard to recommend. You best bet is to get it from the same seller (if they also sell BNF), and make sure that all the components you have are interchangeable. If the seller doesn't offer BNF, you should show us clear pictures of your battery, charger, and the circuit board (with clear writings), so that we know what you have. Where to buy depends on your location, too. Are you in the US, UK, AUS, or Far East, etc?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
So does anyone know what was upgraded in the new v911 and if the new version would bind to my remote from my old v911
darknes01 is offline Find More Posts by darknes01
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Here is a photo of my old remote and the one battery that I still have. Oh and I'm in the US For anyone that knows a good place to buy a BNF v911
darknes01 is offline Find More Posts by darknes01
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:57 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,435 Posts
@tiggertoo1962
You know, I couldn't control the flybar modded v911 outside. However, I loved it for indoors.

If you want stability, then stick with the weighted stock, round ended flybar.

If you agility, then the paddle flybar mod works out well. I can fly very tight circuits indoors with the v911 with paddle. In fact, the paddle seems to put it into a perfect oval circuit for flying indoors. And if you need to quickly move the heli so that it doesnt crash, the paddle help to translate that command right away.

As for your question of which will better train your skills? Definitely the v911 with paddle flybar mod. But it might not be fun at first because it will be more of a handful than the stable flying stock flybar.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:25 PM
V911 Heli Owner
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Bad battery. One of the batteries I got doesn't work when plugged in. If I apply some pressure to one side, the RX lights up and blinks... but when I let go it goes dark. The other battery doesn't do that. So the "bad" one charges, just can't use it in the unit. Most likely a poor connection to the connector to the battery itself.

Video of it:
Battery Problem with V911 battery (0 min 13 sec)

I'm about to order some more batteries but it appears there are different types. The image of the one above by (darknes01) is hard to tell if it is the same or not.

I labeled the batteries A and B so I could tell them apart and of course the B = Bad :-)

Images of what it looks like:

Also it appears there are some batteries that have a slightly higher capacity. 200mAh instead of 120mAh such as: http://www.amazon.com/V911-Upgraded-.../dp/B00AAPHZVW

UPDATE:
Found images that shows the old vs new style batteries. Mine has the new style (good to know):

dweeber is offline Find More Posts by dweeber
Last edited by dweeber; Dec 27, 2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Added oldvs style image
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Malua Bay
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Hi Guys, grab some

New to the RC heli scene and decided to buy a WL V911 RTF, I didnt do my research first and ended up with the old battery connector style but i got the orange and black canopy i wanted. I could not be happier with this bird. Its fast, Its nimble and its robust. I upgraded from a $20 cheap shop 3ch coax with no gyro to a V911. ive crashed it numerous times, busted 2 main rotors, popped the tail motor out, seized the linkages in one crash it was so hard, Discovered the hard was when i bank one way and FFF it goes FAST, really freaking fast.

Now a few things ive observed id like a little feedback on;

1. TBE - Ive read alot about the dreaded TBE and noticed people can "set the throttle, put the tx down, and their bird will hover all day long", Now im concerned because after mechanical trim of both servos the bird doesnt creep in any direction but has the tiniest TBE when trying to hover, i mean TINY but enough to make it TBE after 1-2 seconds of hovering, im going to assume this is normal as it doesnt seem to have any detrimental effect on the birds handling.

2. Batteries - OMFG... just about sums it up. Ive done ALOT of reading and found that the old style v911 connector (TC531136 - 130mAh) severly limits battery options and outputs to a maximum 1S 150MaH which i cannot justify spending money to increase from 130mAh to 150mAh. But i could justify spedning money on 190mAh batteries, Now the only way i can see to do this is convert the pigtail for the battery using my l337 soldering skills. Which opens up my options. Now my Question is, living in AUS where should i order the pigtail wire, which battery connector form factor should i use, and finally what battery would you guys recommend.

3. Batteries - People have written things like, "Just got my new batteries today, bird nealry hit the roof when i took off", this would insinuate to me that the new batteries where somehow more powerful. Please correct my logic - Battery is 3.7V, simply the power. - Battery has a mAh rating, mAh is how much electrical capacity the battery can hold, like milk, 1L 2L 3L etc. - then there is a S rating. im guessing how much of the capacity can be pushed out at the same time, effectively how fast you can deplete the battery. So how can a battery capacity upgrade make the bird more powerful. im obv missing something.

Im looking for answers that can be based on some kind of evidence, please refrain from the reply button is your going to type something like "use XXX brand coz its the best" WHY IS IT THE BEST.

My battery requirements are simply, the cheapest method to open up a HIGH CAPACITY/POWER battery output. I feel like the stock batteries just dont last long enough. And im guessing a 190mAh battery will outlast a 150mAh battery by approx 20%, increasing my flight time also by 20%

4. Paddle mod - Im guessing i just buy a multi-pack of flybars, cut the weights off, buy some paddles and CA them in place after centre weighting etc. Where should i buy the paddles. And which paddles seem to have the effective increase in outdoor handling.

Living in AUS im having no luck finding the "cheap source" of parts. Where do you guys commonly order things from. I do not have a radio shack near my house and i live in rural AUS where going to the LHS is not an option.

Im very technically minded and would appreciate expanded explanations. Give a man a fish he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

Interested in responses from OVERKILL, BALWR and GRUMPY OLD FART, ive learnt more from these 3 guys in this thread then google + everyone else.

Overkills v911 mod page is awsome.

Oh ive already snipped the LED and toned the speaker right down with a resistor. Got maybe 20 flights and 2 charges from a set of Quality AA batteries, Thats piss poor. Was either goign to mod the battery pack and replace with 2 large battery cells. (Got a drawer full of rechargables, every form factor you can think of) OR.. i read about some chinese guys removing the charging function of the TX to reduce minimum battery need to 4 x AA's, If i do this mod ill have 6 x AA's meaning my batteries will last ALOT longer. (reduse power requiremnt from 6 x AA to 4 x AA, having 6 in the TX will give me +2 battery longer flight time overall?).

Enough for now, i got ALOT more qustions, please feel free to comment with CONSTRUCTIVE info. Look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks in advance guys.
Diablos is offline Find More Posts by Diablos
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
I just bought a v911 in a shopping centre. Flies beautifully but after a few crashes. Now when hovering it does small anti clockwise circle. I checked the swash plate they are still together and the flybar is still moving up and down fine.

Any idea what is wrong?

I got a 260a Pro here that has a damaged servo. I might change the CNC head over to see how things goes but reluctant to do so unless there is something wrong with the head.
quacka is offline Find More Posts by quacka
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:32 PM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Malua Bay
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
I will assume that your heading is holding and its "spiralling" outwards. This is called a "Toilet Bowl Effect" often abbreviated to TBE. I had this happen to me, read above post. To correct follow all or part of the following;

1. remove linkages, they pop off the balls on the flybar.
2. remove the flybar and sit it on the bench. is it PERFECTLY straight and true. if not bend it back, rotate it 180 degrees and put it back on.
3. nip the flybar screw till it just bites and then slowly back it off until the flybar FREELY moves WITHOUT slopping everywhere. You want it to go up and down, no left and right.

If this doesnt fix it im going to guess youve bent or split something in the guts. Best best is pull it down from the top, and inspect every peice individually looking for warp, excess wear or cracks.

Hope this helped.
Diablos is offline Find More Posts by Diablos
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
138 Posts
Blade breaks

I have broken 4 blades so far and the breaks are all from the inner end of the blade to the screw hole. Is there a good fix for this? Please advise. Tnx
Vince
shortfellow is offline Find More Posts by shortfellow
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:04 PM
Trying to fly
Joined Dec 2012
22 Posts
buying stuff"

Hey Diablos I'm a newbie to the heli scene but since joining this forum I get my stuff from banggood.Don't have a v911 but I do have a mjx f47.Just ordered 2 more batteries,tail blades and a spare tail motor...it is a good sorce for knowledge
Aiolos is offline Find More Posts by Aiolos
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
Australia, VIC, Cheltenham
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Hi All, newbie here, recently got a syma 107G which I have almost worn out!

Now looking for a 4ch, and looking at the HK FP100 (which I believe is the v911) and are wondering if someone can please link me to the battery on HK? Is this the one? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...zone_Etc_.html
aero_nz is offline Find More Posts by aero_nz
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:09 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfellow View Post
I have broken 4 blades so far and the breaks are all from the inner end of the blade to the screw hole. Is there a good fix for this? Please advise. Tnx
Vince
That's where mine always break. You can usually CA glue them back together if you have a way to clamp it while it sets and a small drill bit to re establish the hole.
I have considered using a tiny drop of CA to bind the blades together next to the screw to take some of the shock.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:15 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Has anyone managed a sweet heatsink for tail motor. I am goinng to try popcan bent into a square U shape and some JB weld. One or two of them and check with temp gun.seems like tail gets warm twice as fast as main
UPDATE.
I picked up some Trinty oil at the LHS dabbed a bit on motor shafts .....the rotor is running way way cooler now.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:23 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknes01 View Post
Here is a photo of my old remote and the one battery that I still have. Oh and I'm in the US For anyone that knows a good place to buy a BNF v911
TMART is a little more than bangood but has US warehouse
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:30 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacka View Post
I just bought a v911 in a shopping centre. Flies beautifully but after a few crashes. Now when hovering it does small anti clockwise circle. I checked the swash plate they are still together and the flybar is still moving up and down fine.

Any idea what is wrong?

I got a 260a Pro here that has a damaged servo. I might change the CNC head over to see how things goes but reluctant to do so unless there is something wrong with the head.
Make sure the tail blade is not jammed up against the motor.Next play around with the tightness of the flybar screw, and make sure the bar is not bent at all .Also with the throttle up rotate the bird and check for tail response,if there is none your gyro may have bit the dust.Most would tell CNC just adds weighted bling to the V911, and will shorten the flight time.If you chose to you will need to use the blades also.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40