HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:01 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANEWJOHN View Post
My new WL Toys V911 Heli doesn't have a red LED receiver light. Instructions say insert charged battery, red LED light will start flashing, turn on radio, LED will blink for about 4 secs then become steady indicating radio binding was successful. There is no sign of a red LED light, or any light on the receiver board. When I turn the radio on it beeps a few secs then stops and seems to be binded to the heli, everything works. No blinking or steady red LED light on the receiver board. Is this a problem? Are the latest version V911s being produced without the LED light on the receiver to indicate binding of the transmitter and receiver? Should I return the V911? Thanks
Sounds like you have a defective or burnt out LED. I haven't seen all versions of V911, but I can't imagine that there is no LED on the Rx board.

If you have the option, you should return/exchange. When everything is functioning correctly, you could do without the LED indicator light. But when thing goes wrong, w/o the light, you won't have a prayer of know what's going on with the Rx.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,622 Posts
@153stars, I don't have any first hand experience with the 9116 Tx. Does it require two Tx to control 2 V911?

I use one T9x to control mine and other models. So I only carry one radio in my case.

@Waldo, I recommend the T9x. It's a little bit more expensive, but you could also do a lot more with it. It's the single best investment I made for this hobby.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:43 AM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
@153stars, I don't have any first hand experience with the 9116 Tx. Does it require two Tx to control 2 V911?

I use one T9x to control mine and other models. So I only carry one radio in my case.

@Waldo, I recommend the T9x. It's a little bit more expensive, but you could also do a lot more with it. It's the single best investment I made for this hobby.
One heli and Tx is my daughters. But there is no model memory but at $7 at hobbypartz these were our first helis and with the money. I have invested in rc race boats and 1/8 buggies. They work just fine. If stick with it i'll get one or two.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
One heli and Tx is my daughters. But there is no model memory but at $7 at hobbypartz these were our first helis and with the money. I have invested in rc race boats and 1/8 buggies. They work just fine. If stick with it i'll get one or two.
Ah, got you. Good reason.

Nice, clean looking carrying case, btw.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:43 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Ah, got you. Good reason.

Nice, clean looking carrying case, btw.
I love those Harbor Freight padded cases. I just picked up another one last week on sale for $22.
I have a 9116 tx along with 3 v911 and a v939 in one case and a Devo 7 and 2 Genius cp in another. I think they may even be better then the Heli cases that are sold because you can customize them to suit your needs.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:44 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMcCracken View Post
I ended up crashing onto my tail onto concrete a few days ago and bent the tail rotor motor's shaft. I was thinking that I would swap over the tail rotor from my parts machine. Any ideas how I remove the old motor? Is it glued into place?
So far after 6 months of flying every other day. My tally of parts broken are
1 main rotor blade
1 tail boom
1 fly bar
1 battery lost on the neighbour's roof
Don't know if you have an original or a clone, but the original just levers up and pops out to the left as you look from the back. Haven't changed one on a y911 yet, but looks like it pops out to the right. You'd just have to watch the cables as the clone has a semi-closed motor cage and the wires are fed through the "bars" to protect them at the motor cap.
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:54 AM
V911 Heli Owner
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I love those Harbor Freight padded cases. I just picked up another one last week on sale for $22.
What physical size is that case? I see this: http://www.harborfreight.com/11-x-7-...ase-69316.html
Also looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-HC18.../dp/B001T9N12U

My first V911 arrives today.
dweeber is offline Find More Posts by dweeber
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,460 Posts
Harbor Freight toolbox or micro heli was shared here:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/06/mic...carrying-case/
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Harbor Freight toolbox or micro heli was shared here:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/06/mic...carrying-case/
Is that case still available? The only one I can find is this which is the same size but doesn't look like the same foam insert(s).
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:22 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,460 Posts
That's the same case. If you look at the description, it mention coming with foam. Both bottom and top.

Thanks for the reminder to update my link.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Dec 27, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
Futaba 9CRAPTOR 90V911V922
United States, CA, Hacienda Heights
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Case

The small case didnt come with foam. Got it for $15.00. But I did get foam from Michaels for $6.00 and cut it out to fit.
SMEGS888 is offline Find More Posts by SMEGS888
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:20 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
Tiggertoo. I have the same issue with the msr paddles, plus she wants to turn right at the end of fff.This perfect for right banked turns. My first paddled bar I used Blade 120sr paddles, since I had them in my parts box.I had no issues with them. This time I wanted the smaller msr paddles. I am going to shorten the flybar length.I have some spares on hand if it goes bad.
Decided to make time after work today and shortened my flybar to 86mm. The bird still rocks like Bill Haley, so I thought I'd check where I had first heard about the flybar mod - was back in the days when I only had one heli and NO IDEA - and found out that it's to give better handling in the wind, where you obviously wouldn't give a monkey's if it shoots back a foot or so.

Guess I'll just shelve my modded bird until the rain stops and the wind drops below 15 mph or so.

Boy, am I glad I have 4 others with normal flybars to play with in the meantime
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
That's a good deal, I paid $100 for my 9x
To bind it, hold the bind button on the back of the tx, and turn it on. Then plug a battery in the heli, and wait a bit. Remove the battery, turn off the tx, turn the tx back on, plug in the battery, and it should be bound. Hold the heli down tho, because it will take off if you have not made any settings yet.
For settings, I believe most people use the acro template, and you have to reverse throttle IIRC, and set subtrim pretty far negative so that 0 throttle on the tx is effectively 0 throttle on the heli.
Play with the endpoint and expo settings to find something you like
Thanks mate this binding procedure is working! I was seeking this info for hrs... This should put in to the first post to help the others! Thanks again!
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:45 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeber View Post
What physical size is that case? I see this: http://www.harborfreight.com/11-x-7-...ase-69316.html
Also looking at: http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-HC18.../dp/B001T9N12U

My first V911 arrives today.
The HFT case 69316 is smaller, cheaper, and does not have foam.
The HFT case 69318, which Daryoon and I use, is the larger one with foam and costs about $30 reg.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Is that case still available? The only one I can find is this which is the same size but doesn't look like the same foam insert(s).
It's already said thats it came with foam, strap, heavier dividers. They opened store near by .they have a smaller one no foam. The box it comes works nice with stock Tx. My charger boxes I carefully packing taped lasted for years
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars