HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:47 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
..."pendulum effect". Is this normal?...
WOW...Sounds like a Blade mSR.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
963 Posts
Edit. Double post.
JCMorgan is online now Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
963 Posts
Would seem there is a sea of micro's to choose from in the less than $100 catagory all of a sudden. Guess my Esky Honeybee FP is outdated. Still, these newer, cheaper models are not as user friendly when it comes to repairing them. My Honeybee has lasted me for years. Not sure I see anything on Banggood that will be able to make the claim years from now.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Would seem there is a sea of micro's to choose from in the less than $100 catagory all of a sudden. Guess my Esky Honeybee FP is outdated. Still, these newer, cheaper models are not as user friendly when it comes to repairing them. My Honeybee has lasted me for years. Not sure I see anything on Banggood that will be able to make the claim years from now.
Lets face it, NONE of this stuff is SUPPOSED to last you for years - that is completely against todays economical thinking (and with that I mean how todays manufacturers think). If that stuff WOULD last you for years, they would all go broke in a jiffy ...

... so guess what ???

(and yes, it may SEEM the HBFP is outdated ... but the day will come when people start looking for that stuff again on the forums - because they all get bored with the "new and improved BUY USE and THROW AWAY mentality" designed to make them waste their money as fast as possible ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Isn't the HBFP much larger with faster head speed? For me it doesn't compare with the v911.
othercents is offline Find More Posts by othercents
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
963 Posts
Actually, it compares more with the doublehorse 9116.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
cellulose laminate reinforced
Joined Mar 2011
55 Posts
HoneyBee FP ( I have a V2) has a Hiller rotorhead and a real flybar at 90 degrees
it is not self stabilizing and a good solid challenge to learn to fly
it survives crashes well for its size and has a low count of cheap parts and is still well supported
it lends itself to many reinforcement mods that are easier on the bigger frame
the tail is not wonderful
good for a reality check when transitioning to collective pitch flying
DoctorSpin is offline Find More Posts by DoctorSpin
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Harbor freight case

Here's my case set up for two helis and two 9116 tx one battery and charger are missing , they're recharging . After RMA from TMART for wrong battery type. Got new style with the rectangular crystal. Hover great only a turn each on rods. I scraped and sanded the fly bar center piece rubbed with pencil. Picked up some superglue fix all a dollar tree it's like shoe goo but thinner coated rotor. Wires with it, almost invisible nice and rubbery.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Last edited by 153stars; Dec 26, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
New WL Toys V911 without red LED receiver light??

My new WL Toys V911 Heli doesn't have a red LED receiver light. Instructions say insert charged battery, red LED light will start flashing, turn on radio, LED will blink for about 4 secs then become steady indicating radio binding was successful. There is no sign of a red LED light, or any light on the receiver board. When I turn the radio on it beeps a few secs then stops and seems to be binded to the heli, everything works. No blinking or steady red LED light on the receiver board. Is this a problem? Are the latest version V911s being produced without the LED light on the receiver to indicate binding of the transmitter and receiver? Should I return the V911? Thanks
ANEWJOHN is offline Find More Posts by ANEWJOHN
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
Bring her up in a hover and take note of the direction of drift. With Tx trims set to neutral, adjust the servo/swashplate rods accordingly.
Could you please explain what you mean by "adjust the servo/swashplate rods accordingly"?
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Unboxed my first V911 yesterday!

What transmitter upgrade would you all recommend? I've heard the 9116 tx recommended, which is currently US $34.43 shipped from banggood. More expensive than I had hoped... Hobby Partz has it too, but shipped to Australia it's more expensive (total of $42).

Any other suggestions? Thanks :-)
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo000000 View Post
Could you please explain what you mean by "adjust the servo/swashplate rods accordingly"?
Adjust the trims to center ..longest beeps...... watch the drift. Look which way you would have the move the stick to compensate at servo...adjust th rods in full turns only.....retry with cowl on last half turns could be done with radio trim...rudder radio trim only......you can search mechanical trimming v911 ...on this forum...
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:08 PM
Australia, QLD, Kangaroo Point
Joined Mar 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Any other suggestions? Thanks :-)
The Flysky/Turnigy 9x are very good with these helis.

Something at half the price that is also fantastic value is the Flysky CT6B
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transmitt...item27cb01ef62

Highly recommended, especially for the price.
ruskky is offline Find More Posts by ruskky
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Viewing heli from the rear:
Turning left rod CW makes the heli sway to the left
Turning left rod CCW makes the heli sway to the right
Turning right rod CW makes the heli move forward
Turning right rod CCW makes the heli move backwards
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
I ended up crashing onto my tail onto concrete a few days ago and bent the tail rotor motor's shaft. I was thinking that I would swap over the tail rotor from my parts machine. Any ideas how I remove the old motor? Is it glued into place?
So far after 6 months of flying every other day. My tally of parts broken are
1 main rotor blade
1 tail boom
1 fly bar
1 battery lost on the neighbour's roof
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken