Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:34 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picko990 View Post
g'day guys. just joined the craze!!

I've been flying my v911 for a few days now and now it seems to have the dreaded t.b.e!!! i don't remember if it did it out of the box. it also was stunning around slowly but i fixed that with the recommended adjustment of the tail rotor.

i have checked the flybar. it is free/ not binding. what else can cause this? i have searched this thread but couldn't find any more info.

thanks for the help in advance. I'm enjoying the new challenge (i race 1/8 buggies).

jason
Try loosening the flybar holder screw one full turn. Properly adjusted and lubed, the V911 should hover hands-off in one place for many seconds.
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:44 AM
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by othercents View Post
The fish eye one was the one I was looking for. Can someone confirm that this is the fish eye swashplate, or if banggood sells one? The other question is if the fish eye one is better than just using the SP upper?

I unboxed my v911 for Christmas and was finally able to fly, but I haven't been impressed. Maybe this is the way the micro helis are, but it feels like a bobble head bouncing every direction I'm controlling it to go. Is this normal behavior and I'm being too picky, or something that should be addressed with the swash? Maybe there is something else I should be looking at.

I also seam to get about 30 seconds of flight time before the heli can't get more than an inch above the ground. I now I can get more power from the bravo motor, but is there something else I should look at?

Other
A properly charged stock battery should give you more than 4 minutes of flight. I time mine for 4 minutes and have over 50 cycles on the new version batteries I have. Out of 20 batteries, only 2 have proven to be defective, to date.
And no, you're not being too picky to expect a smooth flying session with your V911. I'm sure you've seen the videos on youtube that shows the great performance/smoothness capabilities of this little micro! Bring her up in a hover and take note of the direction of drift. With Tx trims set to neutral, adjust the servo/swashplate rods accordingly.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
A properly charged stock battery should give you more than 4 minutes of flight. I time mine for 4 minutes and have over 50 cycles on the new version batteries I have. Out of 20 batteries, only 2 have proven to be defective, to date.
Does that also include flight in high altitudes where the air is thin? Non of my helis have ever done as well as expected here in Denver, however in Houston they typically run like champs.
othercents is offline Find More Posts by othercents
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,293 Posts
Anyone know if the V922 motor will fit the V911 ?
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:54 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,691 Posts
You're talking tail? Because the main v922 motor is really big.

The v922 tail motor should be 7mm.

The v911 uses 8.5mm for the main and 6mm for the tail.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,293 Posts
hmmm what is the size of the main motor ?
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,691 Posts
The main motor isn't even the same form factor. It's really big.

No mistaking compatibility when you see the two side by side.

That's just the physical size for start. If you manage to mount it on the v911, you'll then have issue with powering it. It'll probably try to draw too much current and blow your FETs. Either that or the motor will be horribly underpowered.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:26 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
You're talking tail? Because the main v922 motor is really big.

The v922 tail motor should be 7mm.

The v911 uses 8.5mm for the main and 6mm for the tail
So this means there are 2 more V911 main motor options apart from GW9958 and BravoSX:

1. The 120SR TAIL motor (not economical, but an option nonetheless - and if it was more powerful, the higher price would be justified

2. Xtreme motor for mCPX turbo kit (see my vid on youtube if interested ...)
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=9457

Any thoughts??

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:57 PM
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Does that also include flight in high altitudes where the air is thin? Non of my helis have ever done as well as expected here in Denver, however in Houston they typically run like champs.
Elevation here in Carson City is over 4,700 ft..
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
2. Xtreme motor for mCPX turbo kit (see my vid on youtube if interested ...)
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=9457
What video? I can't find it, can you link it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
Elevation here in Carson City is over 4,700 ft..
Good to know, but still not sure why my flight times are short on all my helis. Always attributed it to thin air and the heli having to work harder to stay up.
othercents is offline Find More Posts by othercents
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:51 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,844 Posts
Eventually got my long-awaited msr psddles and modded a flybar. FWIW I used the new-style flybar with the smaller weights, cut of as little as possible and ended up with a paddle flybar with a total length of about 107.5mm (give or take a 10th ). I balanced the bar on a pin and, using the eye, as I don't have the tools to do it differently, it certainly looks as though I have the paddles on horizontally. The flybar is loose enough and seems to spin horizontally on a bench test - see 1st video below (FWIW again ).

The heli hovers ok, but when I fly in any direction and let the stick go the heli shoots back a foot or so as though it was on elastic before coming to a stable hover again (2nd video), whereas with the unmodded flybar, as far as I remember it didn't have this "pendulum effect". Is this normal? Have I done something wrong? If so, can anybody tell me what and how to fix it?

Cheers
Tigg

flybar check (0 min 18 sec)

pendulum effect (0 min 49 sec)
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:17 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk_man89 View Post
Hello & merry christmas evryone,
i have 3 V911 and one is the old skool battery version, my newest V2 V911 arrived with sum isseues and i was hoping i can get help,

1- getting vibrations- i changed blades and it helpt out a bit, is it worth upgrading to get the $10 pack of metal parts

2- is the trex 100 any better then v911
A bent flybar, the swash pin hitting the guide can cause vibrations.Check to make sure the swash travels freely up and down the shaft.Also if there is a lot of play you can add a shim to the head to remove the play.I feel the metal parts is just heavy bling.Vibration suck,but the bird should should perfectly flyable.
2. I heard they are more brittle.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,379 Posts
Tiggertoo. I have the same issue with the msr paddles, plus she wants to turn right at the end of fff.This perfect for right banked turns. My first paddled bar I used Blade 120sr paddles, since I had them in my parts box.I had no issues with them. This time I wanted the smaller msr paddles. I am going to shorten the flybar length.I have some spares on hand if it goes bad.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:42 PM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
I like blaming my flight time issues on having thin air in Denver especially since it seams to happen on both batteries. I will have to get a good count on the flight time to confirm. However once banggood has the 150mah batteries in stock I'm going to pickup a few and probably a Bravo SX motor.

All linkage looks good and the flybar moves freely, but so does the swashplate. The tail rotor came with a plastic washer between the blades and motor, however I do notice the heli always trying to rotate right. I might remove that washer and see if that fixes that issue. Otherwise I will wait until I get a new swashplate installed before making any other adjustments.

The banggood part looks to be correct if you only look at the customer pictures. For $2.60 and free shipping I decided to order one anyways to confirm that this is the right part. I will confirm here and post a picture on banggood if it is the right part.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...t-p-49035.html

Thanks, that at least has the right picture on it. If the parts that come in from banggood are not right I might order this one later on. However I have already ordered two swashplates.
Maybe you could bend the blades more to add more lift. Clamp to a rod or something and bend.Only cost a dollar to try. I seen a mod to use a second set of altered blades as a fly bar as well for faster FFF. it's linked somewhere in 1000 pages.
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:44 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
Tiggertoo. I have the same issue with the msr paddles, plus she wants to turn right at the end of fff.This perfect for right banked turns. My first paddled bar I used Blade 120sr paddles, since I had them in my parts box.I had no issues with them. This time I wanted the smaller msr paddles. I am going to shorten the flybar length.I have some spares on hand if it goes bad.
Thanks Jasen. I'm back at work tomorrow so won't have time to tinker. If you've tried shortening the flybar by the weekend let me know how it goes. If it has helped I'll do the same thing. Still have 2 spare flybars and 4 more on the way, so it has to be worth a try

Cheers
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings