HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:23 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefverstraeten View Post
Thanks 2_crash_thumbs but i'm a bit reluctant to do that yet.
But maybe there is another solution, perhaps there are other TX's on the market that would bind with the V911.
Sounds like it would be a really good idea for you to invest some money on a programmable radio like the 9x, so that you could program the channels to the way you like them. You should take an inventory of all the planes and helicopters that you fly and see which radio could bind to most of them.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
What is the non cnc after market swash? I saw a post earlier but can't find it now.
othercents is offline Find More Posts by othercents
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,119 Posts
it is a plastic swash with brass or chrome center ball (they are also labelled "fisheye swash" sometimes)
To my experience they are getting harder to find (there were fantastic offers a while ago, but those really dried out). I guess now the best way to "get" one of these is to create a hybrid between SP swash (top part) and stock swash (bottom part)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Is the SP upper a direct match?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:29 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by othercents View Post
Is the SP upper a direct match?
Well, at least it worked for me - you carefully pry the upper part out with a small screwdriver, carpet knive etc and push it into the stock bottom part ... done

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=20367
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:27 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
What is the non cnc after market swash? I saw a post earlier but can't find it now.
I thought banggood still sells a 'fisheye' swash together with a CF main shaft. May want to search the BG website.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:29 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Sounds like it would be a really good idea for you to invest some money on a programmable radio like the 9x, so that you could program the channels to the way you like them. You should take an inventory of all the planes and helicopters that you fly and see which radio could bind to most of them.
Others have raved about the Double Horse 9116 tx as well, my understanding is that is not a fully programmable tx, but much better than stock and much cheaper than a 9x.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:29 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,477 Posts
I was responding to the poster's quest to reverse throttle control. I don't believe the 9116 Tx could do that.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:44 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps you mean the compatible y911 part:
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...t-p-49035.html
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
Perhaps you mean the compatible y911 part:
The fish eye one was the one I was looking for. Can someone confirm that this is the fish eye swashplate, or if banggood sells one? The other question is if the fish eye one is better than just using the SP upper?

I unboxed my v911 for Christmas and was finally able to fly, but I haven't been impressed. Maybe this is the way the micro helis are, but it feels like a bobble head bouncing every direction I'm controlling it to go. Is this normal behavior and I'm being too picky, or something that should be addressed with the swash? Maybe there is something else I should be looking at.

I also seam to get about 30 seconds of flight time before the heli can't get more than an inch above the ground. I now I can get more power from the bravo motor, but is there something else I should look at?

Other
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:48 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
You should get way more than 30 seconds, you probably got a bad battery. I ordered a few spares and one was like yours, less than a minute flight time. I cycled it a couple times and it got better, that might work for you. I can't help much on the fish eye swash, I'm interested in that info too. I can tell you that if everything is adjusted properly it is a very stable helicopter, especially in the default mode 1 flight. Some common things to check are of course the linkage, check that the tail rotor isn't touching the motor, and make sure your flybar is adjusted properly. You want to tighten it until it starts to bind, then back it out just enough for the bar to bounce freely.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:50 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,262 Posts
Quote:
The fish eye one was the one I was looking for. Can someone confirm that this is the fish eye swashplate, or if banggood sells one? The other question is if the fish eye one is better than just using the SP upper?

I unboxed my v911 for Christmas and was finally able to fly, but I haven't been impressed. Maybe this is the way the micro helis are, but it feels like a bobble head bouncing every direction I'm controlling it to go. Is this normal behavior and I'm being too picky, or something that should be addressed with the swash? Maybe there is something else I should be looking at.

I also seam to get about 30 seconds of flight time before the heli can't get more than an inch above the ground. I now I can get more power from the bravo motor, but is there something else I should look at?

Other
There some still here and sometimes on ebay.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MLtoy...623490145.html
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:01 AM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
toilet bowl

g'day guys. just joined the craze!!

I've been flying my v911 for a few days now and now it seems to have the dreaded t.b.e!!! i don't remember if it did it out of the box. it also was stunning around slowly but i fixed that with the recommended adjustment of the tail rotor.

i have checked the flybar. it is free/ not binding. what else can cause this? i have searched this thread but couldn't find any more info.

thanks for the help in advance. I'm enjoying the new challenge (i race 1/8 buggies).

jason
Picko990 is offline Find More Posts by Picko990
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Oct 2012
28 Posts
Hello & merry christmas evryone,
i have 3 V911 and one is the old skool battery version, my newest V2 V911 arrived with sum isseues and i was hoping i can get help,

1- getting vibrations- i changed blades and it helpt out a bit, is it worth upgrading to get the $10 pack of metal parts

2- is the trex 100 any better then v911
milk_man89 is offline Find More Posts by milk_man89
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
You should get way more than 30 seconds, you probably got a bad battery. I ordered a few spares and one was like yours, less than a minute flight time. I cycled it a couple times and it got better, that might work for you. I can't help much on the fish eye swash, I'm interested in that info too. I can tell you that if everything is adjusted properly it is a very stable helicopter, especially in the default mode 1 flight. Some common things to check are of course the linkage, check that the tail rotor isn't touching the motor, and make sure your flybar is adjusted properly. You want to tighten it until it starts to bind, then back it out just enough for the bar to bounce freely.
I like blaming my flight time issues on having thin air in Denver especially since it seams to happen on both batteries. I will have to get a good count on the flight time to confirm. However once banggood has the 150mah batteries in stock I'm going to pickup a few and probably a Bravo SX motor.

All linkage looks good and the flybar moves freely, but so does the swashplate. The tail rotor came with a plastic washer between the blades and motor, however I do notice the heli always trying to rotate right. I might remove that washer and see if that fixes that issue. Otherwise I will wait until I get a new swashplate installed before making any other adjustments.

The banggood part looks to be correct if you only look at the customer pictures. For $2.60 and free shipping I decided to order one anyways to confirm that this is the right part. I will confirm here and post a picture on banggood if it is the right part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
There some still here and sometimes on ebay.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MLtoy...623490145.html
Thanks, that at least has the right picture on it. If the parts that come in from banggood are not right I might order this one later on. However I have already ordered two swashplates.