HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:12 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
Got my Heli today

Yes!

V911 came in the mail today. the box was a little beat up but in fair condition. Contents were not damaged at all, everything is there, both batteries charged up well.

I had no trouble binding TX to RX and had a quick little hover before going to lunch, heli didn't need any trim and will hover hands free for quite a long time (10+ seconds so far).

so far I am very pleased and will give an update later today after a few flights!
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:23 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
LOL. That's what I would be doing if I were custom officers. Gotta thoroughly check what's coming across the boarder ya know.
LOL no kidding, I would too ;D I hope you get it soon in great condish
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:59 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Anyone loose the tiny O-rings on that slip over the canopy posts yet? I lost one somewhere (crash that also cracked the canopy somehow ) , but no big deal as the canopy will still stay on. The O-rings do help to keep the canopy from vibrating and making noise though. Doubt I'd be able to find any replacement O-ring that small.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:02 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Anyone loose the tiny O-rings on that slip over the canopy posts yet? I lost one somewhere (crash that also cracked the canopy somehow ) , but no big deal as the canopy will still stay on. The O-rings do help to keep the canopy from vibrating and making noise though. Doubt I'd be able to find any replacement O-ring that small.
i don't have any of them on anymore, makes no difference to me, vibration is still at minimum.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:06 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
I got very lucky with the 0-rings so far. took the canopy off for pre-first flight inspection not knowing that they were not attached to the canopy. They all fell out on the desk.
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:07 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,070 Posts
Got my second one from AmpModel (AKA MyRCMart) today (ordered Jan 06, arrived at my post office Jan 13). This is the red and white version, man is it sweet, I don't have a camera with me, but pictures are available on most of the websites, it is quieter than my first (orange) one, and also has the wobble in the main gear, but flies fine just like the first. (of course, I can't say which one flies better since I'm no where using their full capabilities.)

I tried binding the white one with the orange's TX, can't do it, maybe someone smarter than I can show us how.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:09 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I would think the canopy could be modded to accept the Solo Pro donut style o-rings that stay attached to the canopy.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
i don't have any of them on anymore, makes no difference to me, vibration is still at minimum.
You can use the E-flite Blade canopy grommets Canopy Mounting Grommets (8):BMCX2/T,MSR,FHX,MH-35by BLADE (EFLH3021) Just $1.99 for 8 of them.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:46 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,482 Posts
Well I charged her up, got some minor flights in.......wondered why I was having such a hard time controlling it.......and then noticed on LCD............Mode1............I have to do some soldering to change it to mode 2?

Well, it's not Mode 1 because throttle is on the left.......it's the side-to-side vs rotate left/right that's mixed up (sorry about the non-heli terms). There's a switch on the top left that's supposed to swap these, but it does nothing (verified that this switch has wires connected to it).
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Jan 17, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Dec 2010
211 Posts
Eureka! Gear grind problem almost solved! So, this is probably the 5th-6th time that my swash plate has separated. I didn't bother to push the separated plates back in and proceeded to hand turn the main shaft to check for gear grind. There is a very very minor grind where the gear used to grind, but--- no more shaft lock! I'm still waiting for my Solo Pro metal kit (which I ordered specifically for the V911) to arrive, but we'll see if the swash plate is the main culprit for gear grinding. I also order a Solo Pro main gear from ebay b/c the gear from the SP is a wee bit smaller than the V911 gear so installing that in the V911 might provide for a wee more space separating the main gear from the motor pinion to help aleivate gear grinding...
gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post

I tried binding the white one with the orange's TX, can't do it, maybe someone smarter than I can show us how.
Did you try inserting the battery then turning on the TX? That works for my two
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
20 flights in and the tail motor doesn't spin up anymore except at full throttle, and only half-heartedly then.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post

Had a half-outdoor flight (big open building) and gathered most of the micro helis from our flying field.
found out a few things:
1. The V911 can bind to the 100S TX without any problems
2. The V911 can fly INTO the 100S without any problem (It can also fly full speed into the 9958 with very little problem)
3. It handles the best in slight winds (compared to the other 2)
I see you have advised the 100s tx can bind to the v911, can the v911 tx bind to the 100s?

I have seen some 100s for sale without tx quite cheap and if this was possible I would consider buying
Pl155cm is offline Find More Posts by Pl155cm
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:12 PM
Québec!
Canada, QC, Longueuil
Joined Jul 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pl155cm View Post
I see you have advised the 100s tx can bind to the v911, can the v911 tx bind to the 100s?

I have seen some 100s for sale without tx quite cheap and if this was possible I would consider buying
i am too interested by this option is someone can answer. Ty
alxlab is offline Find More Posts by alxlab
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:04 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Mine was missing one out of the box but I had some extras I purchased in my spares for the 9958 so I was good. I'd like to upgrade to the solo pro style on all of my micros
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc