HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:46 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,624 Posts
Go read the sticky for Solo Pro/Bravo SX. A lot of the Q and A should be applicable here. For instance, the uneven skid.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:37 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
I contacted with WL today asking if v911 is compatible with turnigy 9x and they said "YES".

thnks Daryoon, i will
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:58 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
asanado is right... the money it would take to make the sticks interchangeable would probably raise the price significantly... then it wouldnt be competitive with the others...

and man, that heli is sure taking its time isn't it asanado? Haha... guess you'll just have to wait a little longer!
To emphasis this Mode change feature, I would mention that I didn't hear even about one person who flies on both Modes, so why waste money on this feature - just make sure you order your preferred Mode, you will never need the other one.

Yes, my heli is taking its time, maybe it flies on its own from China - I should take in acount that it needs to charge its batteries every 5 minutes...
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:32 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,742 Posts
Asanado, your point is well taken. No one flies both modes. But that's not the point. I think the point is that buyers want some assurance that they won't get stuck with the wrong mode.

Within the last year, there has been some snafus that buyers of other models received a remote in the wrong mode. I have had that very predicament myself and I understand the pain. So, when they inquire if the remote could be switched from one mode to another, they are not looking to repeatedly change it over. They just don't want to be stuck with the wrong one. Or, when it comes time to resale, they want to know if they have the option of reconfiguring it for the next buyer.

When you order a helicopter and if you were given a choice of what mode of remote to receive, that's good. But as you may have discovered, some sellers don't really give you a choice. So, you can't blame the buyer for being a bit apprehensive that they may get stuck with the wrong mode.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:54 AM
Magyarország, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Miskolc
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Hy!

I contacted with banggood today asking if WL 911 transmitter throtle stick is left handed, and they said: on the left-hand side.

but first, he wrote: usually the rite-hand site is used to contral the derection
what does it mean?
Sorry, my English is poor
csomi2 is offline Find More Posts by csomi2
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:07 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
right to center direction (tail rotor) and motor on left stick? thats mode 4 then if i am not wrong

no sense
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:14 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,742 Posts
See, you guys just made my point. This particular seller does not offer you a choice on what mode of controller to buy. And from their responses, it seems that they are very unclear about the differences. As a buyer, aren't you a bit apprehensive, knowing that you might get stuck with a wrong mode and have no easy way to convert?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:56 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
All the sub-hobby grade helis (and indeed most hobby grade helis) I've seen that are made here in China are mode 2 by default... I once asked my LHS here in Beijing about this and they said it's to satisfy the American market..so thankfully chances are people will be receiving V911s in mode 2 unless they specify that they want mode 1. That said... with these (relatively) simple controllers..they are usually easy to switch sticks... shouldnt take more than a few screws
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:24 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
jameschen072 a guy said he opened the case and its impossible change the mode in the transmitter,

but i guess its quite easy switch the cables of the heli with a solder in order to get the mode anyone want,
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:25 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
All the sub-hobby grade helis (and indeed most hobby grade helis) I've seen that are made here in China are mode 2 by default... I once asked my LHS here in Beijing about this and they said it's to satisfy the American market..so thankfully chances are people will be receiving V911s in mode 2 unless they specify that they want mode 1. That said... with these (relatively) simple controllers..they are usually easy to switch sticks... shouldnt take more than a few screws
Quite a lot of 9958's were shipped with mode 1, sometimes even despite asking for mode 2...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:01 AM
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Hy!

I contacted with banggood today asking if WL 911 transmitter throtle stick is left handed, and they said: on the left-hand side.

but first, he wrote: usually the rite-hand site is used to contral the derection
what does it mean?
Sorry, my English is poor
I write a letter the banggood technical support, here is the answer:

"HI friend,

thanks for your mail
the one control the direction is at right
the Accelerator is at left

thanks
Any question, pls contact me freely

best regards
Amy

MSN:qingqingw3l@gmail.com

Thats a good news, So it's Mode2
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:44 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csomi2 View Post
I write a letter the banggood technical support, here is the answer:

"HI friend,

thanks for your mail
the one control the direction is at right
the Accelerator is at left

thanks
Any question, pls contact me freely

best regards
Amy

MSN:qingqingw3l@gmail.com

Thats a good news, So it's Mode2
Yup if by "direction" they mean roll and pitch on right stick, if it is rudder...

/me anxiously waiting and hoping it will really bind to my 9x, just in case...
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
Yup if by "direction" they mean roll and pitch on right stick, if it is rudder...

/me anxiously waiting and hoping it will really bind to my 9x, just in case...
In the past, I received my first 9958 mode1 from FocalPrice. Apparently, they didn't know the difference between mode1 and mode2. At that time I had to buy another from MyRcMart mode2 to fly both.
Then I ordered another to FocalPrice (october discount) and when I asked wich mode it were, they sent this message from technical department:

"We were informed that the left is for up, and right is for direction."

Eventually I received a mode2 TX.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:37 PM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
Well got an e-mail from Banggood today, said they shipped my Heli. So soon we shall see if it is Mode 1 or Mode2.

sdjb
sdjb is offline Find More Posts by sdjb
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:33 PM
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjb View Post
Well got an e-mail from Banggood today, said they shipped my Heli. So soon we shall see if it is Mode 1 or Mode2.

sdjb
How long did it take, what was posted?