HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2011, 04:38 PM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Feb 2011
125 Posts
Rant
Kennedy Composites 10% off 4 days after my purchase and won't refund the difference.

I'm just venting here.... and I'm sure there are those who will agree and disagree with my point of view, but I want to throw it out there anyway.

I made a $700 purchase from Kennedy Composites on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The order was officially placed and money taken on Monday.

Mr. Kennedy had a "black Friday" sale that ran from Thanksgiving day through the weekend for 10% off.

I sent an email asking if I could have some kind of price adjustment.... store credit, partial refund of the difference, etc... No reply to the email.

So, I called... I was told "no price matching... thats just how business is done".

Not realizing I had just spoken with the owner, Mr Kennedy, I wrote another email expressing my disappointment and informed them that I would no longer be a customer, and I would get my products from overseas if need be, even if it cost me more in the future. I also said I would certainly share this disatisfaction with anyone I spoke with out here.

Mr Kennedy, who couldnt be bothered to at least reply to my first email, now called me, and in a angry voice told me I had no right to "threaten him". Apparently voicing disatisfaction with a vendor is now considered "threatening"...???

We argued back and forth with the meat of the conversation being that I feel it's a normal and very common practice for businesses to honor thier sale prices if its within a reasonable time frame. I paid Mr Kennedy only 4 days prior to this sale!!!

His retort was "well go try that with Macy's". I have never shopped Macy's, but I have shopped many other places that DO refund the difference if the case warrants.

Later as I sat at home and pondered the whole thing, I went out to the Macy's website... and guess what... right there in their policies, it states that if the item goes on sale within 14 days of purchase, they will refund the difference...

I wasn't asking for a full refund.... just something... a token... hell, even answer my email????

Is there anyone out there who can honestly say they would pay $700 for something, then not go back for an adjustment when it goes on sale just 4 days later???

I tend to doubt it....
bcucoach2 is offline Find More Posts by bcucoach2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:18 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,144 Posts
I have never heard of a store that refunds on Black Friday sale prices however many do for regular sales. BF is typically the exclusion of the regular sales policies.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:32 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,256 Posts
You are out of line, IMHO. Yes you did threaten him with slander. Good karma is hard to find but easy to loose. Further more, you have one post here on Rcgroups, yor well of street cred is pretty shallow. You failed to foresee a very predictable sale event and you flame the owner... Check !
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Last edited by JimNM; Nov 29, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:00 PM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Coach, I understand your frustration, I know I would. But donít aim your displeasure at KC, direct towards yourself for not looking ahead. KC usually has a BF deal.
Buran is online now Find More Posts by Buran
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:02 PM
Crossville, TN
Joined Dec 2004
2,907 Posts
You are way out of line. Stop being a wimp and suck it up, you shot yourself in the foot.
art
Art Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Art Schmitz
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:31 PM
My Dorm Room is a Hangar
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jan 2001
208 Posts
I had a similar situation (ordered something and then it went on sale) with another shop. They did give store credit for the difference which was awesome.

To me, it makes a difference if the items had already shipped. In my case, the order was still pending on Friday, nothing had happened with it. So my stuff would have been shipping Monday along with things that were ordered on Friday and that would have annoyed me. (but really, it is still my bad for being impatient and ordering before a sale I knew may be coming)

I would have felt differently if I had my plane in hand over the holiday weekend to play with. I probably would not have even written to find out about a refund. It is the price you pay to be building/flying while everyone else is wasting their holiday shopping.

Just my opinion. Probably not worth much.
Thews is offline Find More Posts by Thews
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:13 PM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Feb 2011
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNM View Post
You are out of line, IMHO. Yes you did threaten him with slander. Good karma is hard to find but easy to loose. Further more, you have one post here on Rcgroups, yor well of street cred is pretty shallow. You failed to foresee a very predictable sale event and you flame the owner... Check !
JimNM,
First of all, please look up the definition of slander, or in this case I think you would actually be wanting to use the term "libel"... but in either case, you're incorrect. If you "were" correct then everyone who has ever voiced (slander) or written (libel) an unflattering opinion of a person or business would be guilty, according to you. I merely stated the FACTS of the situation, partly to see what the general opionion of the situation was, and partly to vent my frustration. My "street cred", as you put it, has little to do with anything. I'm not offering advice how to set something up, or how to fly something which may require some known degree of "credibility". Just curious... how is your post "you are out of line, IMHO" any different than me voicing my opinion of Kennedy? They are both purely opinions, both negative, both posted on an open forum available for thousands of people to see.... so mine is "slander" according to you.... but yours is??

The bottom line for me.... I appreciate those who replied, either that I was wrong, or that they can relate.... thank you all for that. Accusing me of slander?? Mmmmm... I'm pretty sure you're the one out of line with that. But then...that's just my opinion...perhaps after a few thousand more posts I can say whatever I like and it'll no longer be slander...just someone with "cred"
bcucoach2 is offline Find More Posts by bcucoach2
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:37 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,256 Posts
Enjoy your 700$ toy...
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Last edited by JimNM; Nov 30, 2011 at 12:53 PM.