SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:34 PM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,653 Posts
Question
What kind of micro servos are these?

I purchased a model with servos already in it (an ARF if you will) and I was under the assumption that it had mini-JST servo leads. But after a long wait, and me finally getting my mini-JST receiver ordered, I now discover that I do NOT have mini-JST servos. They are in fact something else completely. Please tell me what I have here and what kind of receiver I need to make them work. I'm on the verge of just cutting leads and soldering on regular servo plugs (should have done that from the beginning in hindsight).

In the picture below. The lead on the left is the mini-JST (the one with the blue signal wire). You'll notice that the power is on the outside and not in the middle. I'm now beginning to understand that this is typical of mini-JST servos?? The plug on the right is the one in my model. It has a standard configuration of a regular servo lead with the power on the middle prong. It is slightly smaller in size and the leads are a tiny bit closer together than the mini-JST receiver plugs (so it won't even plug in even if I switched wires).
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 04:00 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,981 Posts
JST makes a number of different families. Those look like JST - you just need to determine the family. Digikey may have dimensional data for you to compare between your samples and their datasheets.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:16 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2006
5,759 Posts
Would help if you said what brand of Rx and a picture of the actual servo. Some mini-jst are polarized like the old Airtronics(GWS/jst,BlueArrow/jst or Spektrum-6300/jst). Micro Futaba and many Chinese micro Rx uses Molex pico-blade which look a bit like mini jst but with a different pitch.
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:37 PM
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Micro Rx!!!
super2012 is offline Find More Posts by super2012