77 Posts
Well Done Peewee!!!
rc_soarer is offline Find More Posts by rc_soarer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:27 AM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,627 Posts
Just got home thanks to all of you and to all great job flying and timing. Cheers
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:00 AM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Nov 2003
1,971 Posts
NoCal gangs back home safely about 7pm too.
Kai@UCSB is offline Find More Posts by Kai@UCSB
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:42 AM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,326 Posts
Congrats PeeWee!

Charlie
cptsnoopy is offline Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:56 AM
Wellington, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2004
25 Posts
Congratulations, Peter from all at your home club, Wellington Model Airplane
Club, Wellington,New Zealand
Leo
Leohoy is offline Find More Posts by Leohoy
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:34 AM
Los Osos, CA
Joined May 2008
199 Posts
Every contest I attend I always am witness to some seemingly impossible flying. This contest was no exception, but I think the one event that stands out in my mind this morning was when Greg Nordsworthy and Pee Wee were low( I mean low 5-10 ft) coming down the winch line heading for the plane eating winch stands. There right above the winch stands perseverance and flying skills met and they both slowly work the lift and went up and out and made their time, What a show! I'm inspired, it's that don't give up, it's not over til it's over what's gonna happen next feeling.
Congrats to Pee Wee for the win.
Thanks to Lex and the commitee for a great well run contest. The split, all pilots fly flyoff was a great idea, It was good to see old friends and meet new pilots.

Rick J

6/27
PS edit: It was Kai not Greg that made that low save with Pee Wee. Sorry Kai. I know Greg could do that kind of flying too though.
Rickj.1151 is offline Find More Posts by Rickj.1151
Last edited by Rickj.1151; Jun 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: mistaken identity
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:46 AM
Tom Knudtson
Redlands, CA
Joined Aug 2004
572 Posts
I am slowly realizing the most contests are based on the energy and efforts of one or two guys. The Bruce is the most obvious case, but before the Bruce there was Denny Maiz and the Polecat contest, and locally in SoCal, Clay is the power behind the John Erickson Memorial contest.

On Sunday, I realized that Lex is the power behind the Cal Challenge when he had to rearrange the contest group order so that he could drive into town to pickup lunch. Thanks for everything Lex, I had a great time.

And Lex invented the Everyone Flys Off (tm). Everyone got to enjoy a few final rounds flying against their peers and everyone got to watch a few final rounds of seeing how well-matched competitors deal with the trickier afternoon air. I give it an A+; I am pretty sure JE would have too.

Tom
TomK is online now Find More Posts by TomK
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:50 AM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,627 Posts
Congrats PeeWee and great flying Mate. Every body is getting much better and having fun, how cool is that. Thanks to all my timers you did great for me. Hope Joe and Kev could come out next year with Pee Wee you would like it the field is trip free so you can concentrate on flying not falling down in holes. Every name on that pilots list flew fantastic. Thanks to Paul Lex Jen and the Visalia crew for making it so nice it was 5 star condition. Paul hope finger gets better soon and thanks to you for the tent and stuff. Tom K has it all hope to see you in Blue Skies Colorado and team try outs. Cheers
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:45 AM
2013 US F3K Team Manager
Newbury Park, CA
Joined May 2005
1,006 Posts
The heat was hot, and the ground was dry, but the air was full of sound!

Just a quick note for now, I got home last night and was done!

I'm really happy with the the turnout, and hoped that we put on a decent little contest, but please don't put this all on me. It doesn't happen without the whole crew, and I am so thankful that we have a treasurer, drinks/chips guys, a dinner coordinator, scoring help, and most of all, the support of the CVRC club to give us a venue to put this on.

I'll post the audited final scores tonight, Its time for work now :-)

-l
dlgdude is online now Find More Posts by dlgdude
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:44 PM
Pedal Faster
USA, CA, Visalia
Joined Apr 2004
137 Posts

at 31 seconds

America Horse With No Name With Lyrics (4 min 10 sec)
MT4 Display Only is offline Find More Posts by MT4 Display Only
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:58 PM
I sink, therefore I am...
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Jun 2009
505 Posts
How did the "Everyone Flies Off" work out. Eagerly await stories...

Sam
espe is online now Find More Posts by espe
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:21 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by espe View Post
How did the "Everyone Flies Off" work out. Eagerly await stories...

Sam
It was fun
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined May 2006
604 Posts
Guys - I had alot of fun, camping really worked out, it was really kool spending the weekend with you guys. The committee did really good!!!! Never hungry!!!, schedule was right as planned. Could have not asked for a better weekend. Everyone in the flyoff was kool - made you feel like you were not left out - which allowed you to fly with pilot of your level measured against each other - really kool!!! Tai pulled it off - great flying. Actually I was impressed by so many of the pilots. Thanks guys!!!!
jgs99v is offline Find More Posts by jgs99v
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:24 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,060 Posts
just got home and glad to be here. i have been gone since thursday. what a great contest with great people and fun challenging conditions. thank you for all coming out. nobody at the contest could call visalia home so i know everyone traveled. thank you for coming! people like you make the contest what it is! congrats to all and i await more stories.
cheers
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member